Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ole took a page out of Big Sam's book. Keep it tight for the first hour and then go for it in the last 30

Could go either way now

D. Mungai

I think we should accept Mcfred has run it's course.

We need players who can play simple and genuine passes not hopeful passes

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fair result overall. United had some good chances in the second half. We didn’t put De Gea under enough pressure.

Need to learn how to score goals again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Big Sam doesn't get enough credit for who he's influenced
I mean, :lol:

But also, Big Sam's book is not something he invented, managers at bottom sides have been doing that against big sides since the dawn of time

Also, is it just me or liverpool consistently look good in the first half and bad in the second? Dangerous trend if true

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That was a thoroughly shit game by both teams. City sitting back laughing their arses off at the lack of quality from both.

Idxomer

We should've won, Liverpool was lucky because of our shit finishing and Rashford's bad decision making.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
That was fecking dreadful. Absolutely convinced Liverpool are not retaining the title. Thats going to City

kyofusho

Citeh must be licking their lips. The title is theirs to lose based on the cowardly dull and disjointed performance By 'Pool and United.

93 minutes I won't get back.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No pen 43 in game 119 for OGS, no joy? Slacking a bit. Should be due a few in next couple of games I guess?

Seriously though game had zero zero written all over it before it even kicked off.

Only interesting thing was the half time whistle coming when Mane was through, Fernandes missed chance and weird inconsistent offside play ons. Rashford was yards off on one of them, surely don't need VAR for that?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@njred is a known WUM on here. Utd played like champions elect and had more shots on goal. They're top for a reason.
I dunno about that.

This City side is a real threat. They seem to have that hunger back that's been absent for a couple of years.

Liverpool need new strikers, Mana and Salah are a shadow of their former selves and Firminho hasn't been at the races for a long while.

prateik

City dropping points could make this a decent weekend after us dropping 2 points.. but unfortunately they wont.

City for the league.. we might just pip Liverpool to 2nd.. they dont look special at all.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
No pen 43 in game 119 for OGS, no joy? Slacking a bit. Should be due a few in next couple of games I guess?

Seriously though game had zero zero written all over it before it even kicked off.

Only interesting thing was the half time whistle coming when Mane was through, Fernandes missed chance and weird inconsistent offside play ons. Rashford was yards off on one of them, surely don't need VAR for that?
Honestly, if I saw Hendo in defence and midfield of Shaq with a poor TAA, Salah and Mane in recent games I would be disappointed not going at them. Kick them while they're down or they'll get right back up angry.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I dunno about that.

This City side is a real threat. They seem to have that hunger back that's been absent for a couple of years.

Liverpool need new strikers, Mana and Salah are a shadow of their former selves and Firminho hasn't been at the races for a long while.
The only explanation I can think of is they’re suffering some post effects of covid. Dropped off a cliff. Firmino is what he is now his drop off started 7 months ago.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I dunno about that.

Have to be happy with the point considering the two chances you had in the second half. Salah has 17 goals this season and Mane has been fine. Firmino needs to be replaced by Jota once he’s back.

Thought AWB and Shaw were good defensively but AWB is rubbish going forward. All four CB’s had good games but some of our players drifted as the game went on. Alisson is world class.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting months ahead for the title race, 3-way race between City, United and Pool?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Fair result, Liverpool dominated the first half, we could have won it in the 2nd half.
City will win today but the race is wide open. No doubt the overrating of City will still continue until they drop points again. They are currently in form but will still need to win their games in hand.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
We won’t retain the title unless we get this makeshift centre back nonsense addressed. It didn’t work out with City and Fernandinho there and I can’t see it here. It’s not ideal having our midfield not playing where they should be and it’s clearly affecting our in game management now, and the quality of subs we can bring in to see out it change games.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I really hope City drop the ball but they're in a great position now and they've hit form at the right time. Moreover, they know what it takes to get the job done.

I'm just hoping Pep overcomplicates things

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
We won’t retain the title unless we get this makeshift centre back nonsense addressed. It didn’t work out with City and Fernandinho there and I can’t see it here. It’s not ideal having our midfield not playing where they should be and it’s clearly affecting our in game management now, and the quality of subs we can bring in to see out it change games.
I'm more worried about Mane and Salah to be honest.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Poor from Klopp. 500mil spent and he cant beat a PE teacher.
Wasn't your starting XI more expensive than ours was today?
We're so lifeless up top though. Need Jota back asap to refresh things a bit.