Premier League Game week 6

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
There's no zip in part because the fullbacks are very poor (today was by far the best performance by our FB group all season, and it wasn't great) and Poch's system has always relied heavily on the fullbacks providing width. It's also in part because our CM's have to be so protective of our shaky center halves.
It is quite strange to be honest, I don't think FBs should've such a big bearing on a teams' overall performance. I've watched 5 games involving Spurs this season and I don't think you've played particularly well in any of them.

Who mention Ole?
We all know what argument you were trying to make, we can see your post history too. You've been asking for posters on here to be critical of Poch for a while now. Maybe you'll be happy that it's gonna pile up on him very soon. :)

They've been poor since the start of last season. First six months the results covered it up then the riddled by luck run to the CL final did but now with nothing to hide behind the full extent of their stagnation is there for all to see.
I think stretching back to start of last season is quite a reach but they've been abysmal in 2019.

So something's not quite right at Spurs, and they have been shit, but we should keep tabs on their manager.
Makes sense..
I don't get all this love for him.
Poch has hit a rough phase after several years of consistency and continously improving the team. Also, because our current manager is hardly pulling up any trees and believe it or not, not everyone is buying into Ole's vision. So if a superior manager like Poch becomes available, we should be all over him. Like how Liverpool were proactive in binning Rodgers for Klopp.

It is not that hard to understand why he would be of interest to us but I don't expect much rationale debate to come out of it.

Eric7C

He's 1mm offside with a part of his body he can't even use and no advantage is conveyed to the attacker. He's clearly level. If you have to zoom in and check for a few minutes to spot something is offside, then it's not worth giving the decision because what possible advantage does the attacker have?

Common fecking sense has to be applied to these situations rather than blanket statements like 'if he's offside he's offside'. I'd feel the same way if it was a neutral game, there's no way goals should be disallowed in these sort of scenarios.
Part of his body he can't use? What are these new categories that you are creating? The rules are clear, no part of the body should be offside.

It didn't take a few minutes.

Common sense would actually hold to keep rules as neutral as possible, and not the arbitrary things that you are suggesting. I know you're pissed that Spurs lost, but it was the correct decision.

Bulldog United

I really hope Neville and Carragher do a MNF segment on these VAR offside calls in the same vein to what Andy Gray did for Bein. Too many people falsely believe the chosen still frame proves 100% factually whether a player is offside or not.

I hope we don't have to wait until United are robbed of an important goal before MNF digs into this and exposes the flaws.

rotherham_red

In hindsight a relatively mundane and comfortable 1-0 against Leicester isn't a bad result after all :smirk:

rotherham_red

We've been fine today. We were the most ridiculously harsh call ever away from being 2-0 up away to Leicester.

Maddison's goal was a combination of his brilliance and Gazzaniga having a bad day. Our form overall is terrible (particularly away) but the performance today has been good. Leicester are a good team.
I think you gave up far too many chances. Your midfield was almost nonexistent at times in the second half.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We all know what argument you were trying to make, we can see your post history too. You've been asking for posters on here to be critical of Poch for a while now. Maybe you'll be happy that it's gonna pile up on him very soon. :)
I just try add a bit of balance. I'd gladly have Poch here, i just don't think he's as perfect as is made out on here.

Eric7C

I think you gave up far too many chances. Your midfield was almost nonexistent at times in the second half.
This is what the attention should be on. Instead all the talk will be on the correct VAR decision. Spurs' form matches United's over the last 20 odd games.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Part of his body he can't use? What are these new categories that you are creating? The rules are clear, no part of the body should be offside.

It didn't take a few minutes.

Common sense would actually hold to keep rules as neutral as possible, and not the arbitrary things that you are suggesting. I know you're pissed that Spurs lost, but it was the correct decision.
I'd really rather you stop saying absolute shite about 'upset that spurs lost' when I've established pretty clearly that I've had the same problems with VAR in the past when it's been neutral games.

So I'll say once again: if this was Watford vs Leicester I'd be saying the same thing, that a stupidly harsh call like that is totally unnecessary.

And it literally took like 2 and a half minutes because they had to find that his shoulder was a millimetre offside. Which obviously hugely benefited Son, right?

Common sense is applying logic to situations, not arbitrary rules. Does the attacker gain an advantage through his position? Yes? Then offside.

It's the same with handball. If the ball lightly brushes a fingertip as it gets fired in to the box, has an attacker gained an advantage? No? Then don't disallow the goal.

Shite anal VAR decisions can piss off all round.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think stretching back to start of last season is quite a reach but they've been abysmal in 2019.
I don't, like with Chelsea 14/15 and United 17/18 (second half of both those season's) most of the games were absolutely wretched but they kept grinding out the results.

Just like on those two cases results were always going to catch up with them eventually, and they have.

rotherham_red

This is what the attention should be on. Instead all the talk will be on the correct VAR decision. Spurs' form matches United's over the last 20 odd games.
It's actually worse. Yet Poch until now has yet to receive any actual scrutiny, when you compare it to what Ole's been subjected to.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Because our current manager is hardly pulling up any trees and believe it or not, not everyone is buying into Ole's vision. So if a superior manager like Poch becomes available, we should be all over him. Like how Liverpool were proactive in binning Rodgers for Klopp.
yes, yes, I see Poch pulling trees for his 5th season in a row now. Soon there will be no trees in London England.
Superior??? At being one of English Media darlings. Yes.
Oh, sorry he would win treble with this United team. Right.
Have a good day.

rotherham_red

It was a decent result. Performance wasn't great, but we needed those three points more than a big performance.
Look at both Spurs' performance today and ours last week. I won't tell you which one I'd have preferred, but it wasn't the one where Leicester had 22 attempts, and the opposition's midfield was porous. Say what you want about last week's game, but we controlled it for around 60 mins (30 mins each half). Leicester were pushing and probing but outside of Maddison's chance in the first 5 mins, they barely created anything.

Credit where it's due, with a must win game and our two best players out, we played a decent game.

Bulldog United

This is quite good analysis.
It's the best I've seen, but unfortunately very few people here have seen it. This why I hope Sky do something similar with Neville and Carragher, because these flaws need to be exposed to a domestic audience. Claiming VAR proves whether someone is offside or not is just nonsense. It only proves what the frame chosen shows.

cyberman

I'd really rather you stop saying absolute shite about 'upset that spurs lost' when I've established pretty clearly that I've had the same problems with VAR in the past when it's been neutral games.

So I'll say once again: if this was Watford vs Leicester I'd be saying the same thing, that a stupidly harsh call like that is totally unnecessary.

And it literally took like 2 and a half minutes because they had to find that his shoulder was a millimetre offside. Which obviously hugely benefited Son, right?

Common sense is applying logic to situations, not arbitrary rules. Does the attacker gain an advantage through his position? Yes? Then offside.

It's the same with handball. If the ball lightly brushes a fingertip as it gets fired in to the box, has an attacker gained an advantage? No? Then don't disallow the goal.

Offside decisions have had decisions based off of millimetres for decades before VAR. So close they were given offside when clearly on. This isn't a new thing. There's every chance the linesman gives it offside anyway if he's not told to wait for VAR on tight decisions

Last edited:

Eric7C

:lol:

Eric7C

It's actually worse. Yet Poch until now has yet to receive any actual scrutiny, when you compare it to what Ole's been subjected to.
Yes, in fact some United fans would still blindly take him on as manager, which is not entirely unreasonable since he has a proven record of building a team, but he certainly deserves more scrutiny among our fans and in the media overall.

Bulldog United

Look at both Spurs' performance today and ours last week. I won't tell you which one I'd have preferred, but it wasn't the one where Leicester had 22 attempts, and the opposition's midfield was porous. Say what you want about last week's game, but we controlled it for around 60 mins (30 mins each half). Leicester were pushing and probing but outside of Maddison's chance in the first 5 mins, they barely created anything.

Credit where it's due, with a must win game and our two best players out, we played a decent game.
Yep I thought we controlled and managed the game very well last week. Spurs today was the exact opposite; a lesson in what not to do. The VAR decision was tough on them, but I thought they were poor for large parts of this game and definitely didn't deserve to win.

cyberman

It's the best I've seen, but unfortunately very few people here have seen it. This why I hope Sky do something similar with Neville and Carragher, because these flaws need to be exposed to a domestic audience. Claiming VAR proves whether someone is offside or not is just nonsense. It only proves what the frame chosen shows.
But they have cameras working on a 3D plane taking at an absolute minimum 24 images per second (probably 60 or more) to choose from and then check the pixel (based on that 3D space) where the colour changes drastically. That seems like it'd have a pretty great accuracy, especially when calibrated with mm accurate equipment.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Pathetic already from Watford. Another game at home for City to rack up their GD, expect this to be 6/7-0 before 5 o'clock.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Best crosser in the world. Brilliant KDB.