Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
When he equalised I honestly thought he looked great.

And we'll see. We were hardly anywhere near our best nor did I expect us to be at this point.
Yeah, he certainly isn't a bad player. He was getting a lot of underserved stick on here for his first-half performance, but I thought he was the most lively Spurs player during that period.

All that aside, Levy, Poch and the rest of the Spurs squad need to be focusing their efforts on convincing Erkisen to stay. I noticed the Spurs fans gave him a huge cheer when he came on, that helps.

Supports
England
Maybe not on this forum but on twitter and few spurs friends of mine. Especially after recent reports of rift between him and Poch. They feel now that Spurs have Ndombele and Celso, they do not need Eriksen. Problem is both are new to league, they may or may not adapt to league immediately. Eriksen is like Coutinho, you guys will still do well without him but in some matches you'll miss his creativity and goals like Livepool do sometimes.
Spurs need an Eriksen-like player to bring the best out of Kane in his regular 9 position (which he seems to be returning to this season) even if that player isn't Eriksen himself.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why do people keep calling Lo Celso just Celso? It's like calling McGinn just Ginn :houllier:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I just thought it was funny you think he’s the best striker in the world. I still rate him.
It's a pretty common opinion, one I've seen plenty of non-Spurs supporting fans on here share.

You're free to disagree and I can see arguments for numerous candidates .. but to act like it's some laughable opinion is weird, his stats and all round game absolutely put him in that argument.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best striker in the world. Kane is second

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It's a pretty common opinion, one I've seen plenty of non-Spurs supporting fans on here share.

You're free to disagree and I can see arguments for numerous candidates .. but to act like it's some laughable opinion is weird, his stats and all round game absolutely put him in that argument.
I know they don’t have the striker title, but I consider Messi and Ronaldo to he the best forwards. If it’s purely striker and not forward, then I guess Kane is a worthy shout.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know they don’t have the striker title, but I consider Messi and Ronaldo to he the best forwards. If it’s purely striker and not forward, then I guess Kane is a worthy shout.
Oh right, yeah that's what I mean. Obviously he's nowhere near Ronaldo/Messi!

Drifter

American
So Citeh Spurs and dippers have carried on where they left off. Unfortunately i think we will as well.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Also is there any doubt about the level Sterling is at right now? Confidence personified, lovely to watch.

Also really like that City kit.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Spurs have a really good squad now assuming their signings work out. Annoying as feck