Premier League Gameweek 10

kidbob

Hope Leicester trash Southampton. Important for our rivals to drop points even this early in the season.

SATA

We have better players than Leicester but we don’t really have a better team than them when put together. We even signed one of their best players from them

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs have given us very difficult games in each of the last two fixtures at Anfield. I wonder if they'll try and match what United did with their formation.

I'm hoping Klopp continues to play either Keita or Chamberlain. Fabinho, Wijnaldum & Chamberlain would be my personal choice.

Cal me crazy but I think United will win comfortably on Sunday by two or three goals. Norwich are going straight back down again.

Eric7C

We have better players than Leicester but we don’t really have a better team than them when put together. We even signed one of their best players from them
I wonder why.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope that Leicester can drop points. If we win we can close the gap down to only 4 points up to the CL spot.

Ban

Spurs have given us very difficult games in each of the last two fixtures at Anfield. I wonder if they'll try and match what United did with their formation.

I'm hoping Klopp continues to play either Keita or Chamberlain. Fabinho, Wijnaldum & Chamberlain would be my personal choice.

Cal me crazy but I think United will win comfortably on Sunday by two or three goals. Norwich are going straight back down again.
Us scoring more than 1? :D

kidbob

You're crazy. One good result against a heavily overrated Liverpool team doesn't make us good, rather it shows how limited you guys really are.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You're crazy. One good result against a heavily overrated Liverpool team doesn't make us good, rather it shows how limited you guys really are.
Nah I think we just have a mental block at Old Trafford. You have to be at least decent to only lose one league game since the start of last season.

I think we're underrated by some as much as we are overrated by others because of how high City have set the bar now.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

I'm more resigned to defeat Sunday than I think I've been for a game in ages. Our form + your Anfield record is very intimidating.

But then, I thought Arsenal would do us. You're obviously much better than them but maybe we're still capable of at least giving it a go.

SATA

I'm more resigned to defeat Sunday than I think I've been for a game in ages. Our form + your Anfield record is very intimidating.

But then, I thought Arsenal would do us. You're obviously much better than them but maybe we're still capable of at least giving it a go.
You were a Loris howler away from getting a point there last season. You’ll be fine if your players don’t do anything silly, or if Sissoko can finish better. A pity and a travesty that our game is played at the same time as yours

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You were a Loris howler away from getting a point there last season. You’ll be fine if your players don’t do anything silly, or if Sissoko can finish better. A pity and a travesty that our game is played at the same time as yours
Our form has deteriorated since then though. Red Star game *may* have picked us up a bit, but I am concerned that if we don't set up in a certain way we could see Vertonghen/Toby get seriously exposed, because at the moment they're incredibly vulnerable to balls in behind. Hopefully Sanchez is in there regardless, and I certainly wouldn't mind copying Ole to an extent and setting up with a back five. Don't usually like that formation with us, but needs must.

And our players not do anything silly? This season? Come on! :lol:

kidbob

Nah I think we just have a mental block at Old Trafford. You have to be at least decent to only lose one league game since the start of last season.

I think we're underrated by some as much as we are overrated by others because of how high City have set the bar now.
You're much more than decent mate but objectively you are a good bit behind City as a footballing side (as is everyone in Europe of which you are the second best team IMO). You're football is average and somewhat long ball based with effective final third play. I base the overrated tag off friends I have that say you are the best side in PL history. In all honesty you are excellent at what you do (while playing uninspiring football usually) but you, in my mind, don't beat City, 06/09 United, 05 Chelsea or Invincible Arsenal in terms of ability as a team. Put it this way if this Liverpool existed in the Champions League that 2006-2011 United did then you likely don't win the Champions League. I accept that this may seem like sour grapes from a United fan but honestly I just don't find you that impressive overall when I see you. I don't think it's a 'mental block' at OT but rather that we can make you look average but also keep you out for the most part.

No offence meant and I know you don't claim the title of the 'best ever' but honestly you remind me off the latter uninspiring Fergie teams that knew how to win but didn't always deserve to. Nothing wrong with that of course and I'm sure you guys won't care if it (as it likely will) gives you a first league in years.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Chamberlain was very impressive in midweek and he changed the game when he came on vs us.

You're definitely crazy thinking we will have a comfortable win on Sunday. We are hopeless under Ole, we will do well to get 2 or 3 shots on target never mind goals!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In the UK? That sucks. We are televised every match here in my country here mate
You should invest in VPN. Then set your IP to UK. Shouldn't cost too much and you're sadness will be lessened. Problem solved. :p

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You're much more than decent mate but objectively you are a good bit behind City as a footballing side (as is everyone in Europe of which you are the second best team IMO). You're football is average and somewhat long ball based with effective final third play. I base the overrated tag off friends I have that say you are the best side in PL history. In all honesty you are excellent at what you do (while playing uninspiring football usually) but you, in my mind, don't beat City, 06/09 United, 05 Chelsea or Invincible Arsenal in terms of ability as a team. Put it this way if this Liverpool existed in the Champions League that 2006-2011 United did then you likely don't win the Champions League. I accept that this may seem like sour grapes from a United fan but honestly I just don't find you that impressive overall when I see you. I don't think it's a 'mental block' at OT but rather that we can make you look average but also keep you out for the most part.

No offence meant and I know you don't claim the title of the 'best ever' but honestly you remind me off the latter uninspiring Fergie teams that knew how to win but didn't always deserve to. Nothing wrong with that of course and I'm sure you guys won't care if it (as it likely will) gives you a first league in years.
Yeah I agree regarding those PL sides you listed, although it would've been interesting to see Guardiola or Klopp go up against Ferguson. I think we could've possibly gotten the better of the invisible Arsenal team. They drew 12 games that season even if their football was better than ours was last season.

Thinking back to the sides who won the Champions League between 06 & 11, we probably wouldn't have won it but Benitez's Liverpool reached the final in 2007 & the semi final in 2008. I think Klopp's current side would've made at least one final in that time, but it would've been hard against Pep's Barcelona or a United team with 44 goal Ronaldo & a prime Ferdinand/Vidic pairing. Mourinho created an impressive side at Inter as well in 2010. Maybe we would've beaten the Milan side from 2007 but they had a pretty good squad.

Alabaster Codify7

Southampton 0 - 1 Leicester City
Man City 4 - 1 Aston Villa
Brighton 1 - 1 Everton
Watford 2 - 1 Bournemouth
West Ham 1 - 1 Sheff Utd
Burnley 0 - 1 Chelsea
Newcastle 0 - 0 Wolves
Arsenal 3 - 1 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 2 - 1 Spurs
Norwich City 2 - 1 Man Utd

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I'd give anything to see us score more than once in a game again.

Anything.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Southampton 1 - 3 Leicester City
Man City 4 - 1 Aston Villa
Brighton 1 - 2 Everton
Watford 1 - 3 Bournemouth
West Ham 0 - 1 Sheff Utd
Burnley 1 - 1 Chelsea
Newcastle 0 - 0 Wolves
Arsenal 4 - 2 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 3 - 1 Spurs
Norwich City 0 - 2 Man Utd

Glow

Leicester totally dominating against Southampten, having a very good team. Will end up top four. Now even playing against 10 men, after very doubtful VAR decision.

starman

Southampton entering the bottom 3 this weekend, lookslike one of the Caf's hipster manager will be available soon...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leicester making easy work of 10 man Southampton.