Premier League Gameweek 11

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
He was already extremely highly rated before they signed him. On another planet to Antony.
Yeah I wasn't claiming they sign unknowns; they sign players with some pedigree but their strike rate is very good. Having that manager working with them probably helps.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brighton losing a bit of form. Like I said previously they won’t handle 2 games a week and will drop off
De Zerbi is making some odd selections lately.

They started first 20 minutes with Milner as some sort of LWB and Mitoma as support striker.

Never looked like working and changed it to Mitoma back on the left.

Very surprised with a free midweek they haven't just started Joao Pedro in the SS position and also put in Fati as you'd think with that pace Everton would find it very difficult.

Instead they got an early goal and look pretty comfortable defending the 1-0.

eire-red

Yeah I wasn't claiming they sign unknowns; they sign players with reputations but their strike rate is very good. Having that manager working with them probably helps.
The more impressive thing for me is the profile that they target and get in.

City sold Mahrez and Laporte in the summer, and then sign Doku and Gvardiol, two high quality players on an upward trajectory in their career who are replacing guys who have seen their best days. But the skills they are bringing to the squad are very similar to what is going out the door, there's literally no drop off in quality.

They haven't really replaced Gundogan though, I don't think Kovacic is anywhere as good. But it's equally annoying and frustrating how organised and clinical they are in their squad building. They have the right balance all over the pitch.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's frightening to think our best front 4 imho of course is Doku 21, Alvarez 23, Haaland 23, Foden 23. They've also cost a combined £130m which is good business considering some of the money we waste. We've done a great job replacing the Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez and KDB front 4. Obviously, KDB is still here but the young 4 is in place if Erling doesn't get the itch for Real in a year or two.

Dobba

It's frightening to think our best front 4 imho of course is Doku 21, Alvarez 23, Haaland 23, Foden 23. They've also cost a combined £130m which is good business considering some of the money we waste. We've done a great job replacing the Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez and KDB front 4. Obviously, KDB is still here but the young 4 is in place if Erling doesn't get the itch for Real in a year or two.
:lol:

JSArsenal

What's going on with Grealish? Recovering from an injury?

eire-red

City could easily win the treble again this season and I wouldn't be that surprised.

Looking at the age profile of that squad, City could win the next 5 titles, and the only hope for the rest is if Pep leaves.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Doku has more assists in 65 mins than Antony has had since he joined the Premier League. Amazing that

GlasgowCeltic

Weird downplaying of the flying G/A start Doku has made from all the pundits, as if giving him credit means accepting Grealish doesn’t do enough

padr81

Supports
Man City
What's going on with Grealish? Recovering from an injury?
He's just not as good as Doku, he's fully fit again and tends to play the big games but Pep I think has seen his lack of end product as a hindrance in games we should win.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What do we want from Newcastle vs Arsenal later on?
For both teams to realise they offer nothing of value to football then promptly liquidate and funnel their money into something that isn't going to waste everyone's time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
No Odegaard, Havertz-Jorginho midfield. This one is done, can't see us offering enough to win, i'd take a draw right now...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
For both teams to realise they offer nothing of value to football then promptly liquidate and funnel their money into something that isn't going to waste everyone's time.
Was going to say draw, buuut... :lol: