Premier League Gameweek 12

Affirmation

What a bunch of shameless tw*ts, it's obvious City got completely screwed over in that game with some of the worst officiating I have seen. Unbelievable.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd be fuming if I was Pep too to be fair. With how important the first goal was always going to be, the ref/VAR have totally done them.

Superunknown

An 8 point lead is a big lead, but there are still loads of games to go and anything can happens with injuries, loss of form, surprise results, and so on. We'll have to see how City recover from this mentally and whether any other teams like Leicester can keep up the pace at the top. No doubt that Liverpool are in the driving seat and will be loving their position.

RedStarUnited

Theres really no joy at the thought of Liverpool winning the Premier League in what is our worst period in my lifetime.

and dont forget they are the current European Champions!!!

Bulldog United

City had a zillion chances, gave up two bad goals through a shite goalkeeper, and possibly the other Liverpool goal was offside.

Apparently by the letter of the law the first goal was fine. Sterling's penalty in the second half is never given, not unless you are a minnow playing one of the top sides chasing important points. The other handball appeal was ludicrous.

Nevermind Pep, you can spend another billion in January and maybe you'll turn this around you genius.

Despite Neville almost having an orgasm in the commentary box, I didn't think Liverpool were that great today. Defensively poor again, and lady luck got them over the line. Have to think the title is in the bag now for them, but you never know. They could choke again, they built up a healthy lead last season and melted away - only recovering once City had the title back in their hands. A lot of games to go and December is going to be very tough on them in terms of fixtures. Let's see.

Got2be

There are two things that VAR could have done better. Sterlings penalty. 50/50 for me. But actually Fabinho should have a clear freekick before Citys goal. All in all the ref/VAR did okay

Slevs

likes to play with penises
3 penalties not given? You guys are serious?

Any gifs for these?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
City's next four games are Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Leicester City. Could be a tricky time for them.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Bloody hell. It’s like someone died watching the post commentary panel. Kompany fittingly wearing all black.

90 + 5min

Using VAR and still don't see 3 penalties you got to wonder what it takes to be Premier League officials. Not that they are doing good job somewhere else but they were really awful today. If Premier League brought people from some local Brazillian tribe from Amazonas they would do better job. If they can't see that at least two are them are penalties then you got to be asked some questions. Are they just that incompetent or is it something else? What are criteria becoming PL referee?

ManCity are better team than Liverpool but Liverpool are so deadly upfront that it is hard to see how any team can defend and get clean sheets. If Liverpool don't get any injuries on their attacking trio or get in some slump in december I don't see anybody getting near them. With luck, with talent and with some help from the people above they are going to be hard to catch.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
That’s how you act when things don’t go your way.
It was a controversial game, but the ‘lucky’ and ‘thief’ claims are beyond ridiculous at this point.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kompany is such a whiner.

'but Robinson said the first goal won it.' bwuawua

Member 119614

Pep is so "Proud" of his team.
Always says same shite when he lose
In this case he is right. Tremendous character, the team keeps going and with a little bit of luck they could have snatched a draw. Utd can learn a lot from the professionalism at both Pool and City. There's a fire in those teams that I've rarely seen.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Interesting:
Well then it should have been a free kick to Liverpool.

Also, it only says attacking handball is penalised if it results in a goal... There is no mention of penalties, so Madley is just inventing a rule there

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Well then it should have been a free kick to Liverpool.

Also, it only says attacking handball is penalised if it results in a goal... There is no mention of penalties, so Madley is just inventing a rule there
He’s suggesting the penalty would have been ruled out.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He’s suggesting the penalty would have been ruled out.
Well unless he is seeing a law that I've not seen/heard of then I don't see how that's the case.

Whatever way you look at it though, the goal shouldn't stand because of the handball(s)

Annihilate Now!

Scout
The referee is allowed to play an advantage, so not necessarily a free kick to Liverpool.
Advantage has to stop if Liverpool commit an offence though.

If someone from team A gets kicked and the ref plays advantage, another player in Team A can't just go commit a foul free of charge.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If it only directly leads to a goal, then an attackers handball is handball whether intentional or not. If it didn't directly lead to a goal, then unintentional handballs from attackers hand is allowed.

Bernardos handball is not intentional and it didn't lead to a goal.
Ah right, I just thought maybe the fact it's a handball that leads to a handball is why they didn't give a penalty. It's a bit of an odd situation really.