g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 12

Untd55

VAR has made offside calls far too anal. They should give some leeway to the attacking player. It has happened a few times this season where it has been ridiculously close; just allow it.

A player cannot know whether his finger or toe is offside. It is ridiculous.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What’s the point of watching the sport if decisions like that are going to be made? Pathetic.

CallyRed

I think all need to send a strongly worded email to the premier league

Super Hans

Shocking decision. If ever there was a case of trying to find a reason to disallow a goal, that was it.

Varun

Staff
It was off.. the question is, do we use technology to get these right or do we accept minor human errors as part of the game.
It wasn't off because the Def line should have been measured using Dier's head which was ahead of his knee.

Just a clueless cnut forgetting to include the upper body. Shambolic ineptitude

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
I hate these football narratives. "He deserves that, such a difficult week for him, such a good guy etc."

He didn't cause the leg break but it was his petulant, bitches tackle from behind that led to it. Feck him.
Your team has Rojo. Hush.

DVG7

I mean, it really wasn’t offside. That’s the worst use of it I’ve seen yet

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It was off.. the question is, do we use technology to get these right or do we accept minor human errors as part of the game.
It should be for howlers not very marginal decisions. It is just slowing the game down. The fact they don't use monitors either.

Irrational.

Pathetic decision. Didn’t look off until they moved the line. Did the same last week in our game.
Good comparison. It utterly ridiculous. I'd rather not have VAR tbh, and I never thought I'd be saying that. They're getting far too anal for their own good.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Absolutely. We've seen obvious pens not given this season and then they clamp down on this? I don't get it.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Just scrap VAR now, it will never work in a game where so many decisions are subjective.

We scored two goals against Palace today, I didn’t really celebrate either of them. Just end up feeling apprehensive until it’s officially given as a goal.

It is ruining the experience of watching football for me.

flappyjay

Sure it is not. :lol:.
Point is it doesn't matter who the manager is, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner and Chong still wouldn't be ready to start games for us on a regular basis. You can't deny that most of Frank's boys are few years ahead in their development.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ref should have to look at the monitor in those situations.

El Zoido

Spurs defenders’ shoulder and knee are keeping him onside. This is a ridiculous decision, they really should have set some clearer rules before introducing VAR. I can’t see how a goal should ever be disallowed because of this.

freeurmind

weak willed
Surely the Spurs players head is playing him on looking at that graphic?
The angle at which this was taken makes it look like that I think. When I saw it in real time I thought it looked ok. Could be wrong though.

paulscholes18

Son is a prick? :lol::lol::lol:

Wise up and stay off your keyboards.

The yellow card was rescinded and rightly so. It was an unfortunate fall my Gomes, and not directly caused by Son.
It was caused by Son, he deliberately took out Gomes. Also his stupid pathetic crocodile tears pissed my off making him a prick

freeurmind

weak willed
Are Dier and Sanchez the new chuckle brothers? What on earth has happened to Dier btw?

Bulldog United

Looks onside to me. Certainly not clear enough evidence to overturn the decision. But of course, nobody wants to see goals in football games so let's err on the side of ruling them out.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Son is a prick? :lol::lol::lol:

Wise up and stay off your keyboards.

The yellow card was rescinded and rightly so. It was an unfortunate fall my Gomes, and not directly caused by Son.
He's prick.

He even enlisted the help of his father to do PR in the vein he never used to torture animals as a kid.