Premier League Gameweek 12

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
With Arsenal still to play.

When was the last time none of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal failed to win in one PL matchday?

90 + 5min

I think we need to have a rule where referees has to come out in media after the game and clarify their decisions.

Is it incompentence? Or is it even more serious behind all those wierd decisions? I can accept that you make misstake but if you have VAR and still decide something is one way wich clearly isn't you have to wonder.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feels like every week we are all saying “if only we didn’t drop x points in that shit patch” we would be clear in the league about our respective clubs!

Spurs might actually do it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I used to like his bits in FourFourTwo magazine I believe, back when I was a teenager. Did I just not know any better or has he gotten worse over the last 10-15 years?
Hasn’t his his desperation for Liverpool to win the title, especially on Radio 5

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Of all the mad things to happen in 2020 a Steve Bruce led Newcastle side having the chance to get 5 points to top spot close to Christmas if they win their game in hand is the most bizzare thing yet.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ok so theoretically if we win game in hand we’re 2 points off top. Considering how bad we have started will take that.

need a mammoth run now.. similar to the end of last season.

the fact no one mentions us for a title challange might work in our favour... underdogs status isn’t always a terrible thing
Or Just be ambitious and think this way . Win yesterday and win the game in hand,.we are top of the league in probably 8 years.

Longshanks

VAR must have been sure something was up to make the ref review it.

"Fulham penalty appeal – 16 minutes - Fabinho challenge on Cavaleiro

The on-field decision was to award a corner. The VAR advised the referee to review the incident at the Referee Review Area for a potential penalty. He stayed with the on-field decision of corner as he felt that Fabinho got the ball, and there was no evidence of a clear and obvious error."

Would be good for the ref to come out later and say "he got the ball, not the man"
Yes that would be interesting, 'I believe fabinho won the ball cleanly, the Fulham players standing leg was taken out by some magical pixies, not Fabinhos foot'.

Shocking decision.

always_hoping

So a weekend where Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea dropped points in matches they were expected to win while the media are giving Man United the most criticism even though they were playing a much stronger team than Everton, Palace, Fulham and held them scoreless.

dal

Liverpool city spurs Man Utd.

It will come down to whose luckiest with injuries.

I don’t fancy Chelsea.

pascell

Of all the mad things to happen in 2020 a Steve Bruce led Newcastle side having the chance to get 5 points to top spot close to Christmas if they win their game in hand is the most bizzare thing yet.
If Villa win both their games in hand, they'll be 1 point off 1st place. It really is a topsy-turvy season, anything can happen still.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It’s not just us though who think the other team were there for the taking. City could say the same about us. In the end all of City, Liverpool and Chelsea had already qualified for the CL in an easier group than us and could rotate midweek. Still two of them got 1 point and one got 0 points this weekend, but it’s still United who should have gotten 3 points?
If anyone wants a title challenge then they should turn their attention to the board. They failed to strengthen the team which barely came 3rd with a huge gap to 1st and 2nd place. We then did nothing ambitious in the transfer window while everyone around us strengthened their team.
If we can get a dm and winger in January, then we can talk about a serious title challenge. If not then I can’t see it unless we avoid last season’s injuries and our front three find their goal scoring form again.
Look at Liverpool, they have half their team injured but today’s lineup still had 7-8 starters from last season. Their starting 11 today alone is at least as good as any other team’s in the league.

Cantonagotmehere

Wow, awesome reminder that I do not miss Jose at all, even where they are in the table. Sitting back vs Palace all 2 half and allowing chance after chance. I'd hate to go through that again.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
12 games played away since Watford, 3 wins, 4 defeats and 5 draws. We have been shit for a while. Home form is papering over our cracks. Playing Jota and Salah (one not available tonight and one completely drained of energy) sites Klopp is playing shit this season too.

Luckily Klopp's "shit" is better than most managers' "good" so we have some leeway for these results.

Fridge chutney

Utter wank. That ball by Henderson at the end sums him up today. The lack of effort in the first half was disgusting.

As of right now I don’t think we’re looming like title winners.
But then who is? Mourinho's Spurs? Chelsea/City? Us? I think this year has the potential to be the closest title race in a long time.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, awesome reminder that I do not miss Jose at all, even where they are in the table. Sitting back vs Palace all 2 half and allowing chance after chance. I'd hate to go through that again.
This is where we are being given chances to mess up. Had Spurs gone for leather against Chelsea and/or Palace they might have lost one but win the other. 3 maverick points are always better than a safe 2.

RashyForPM

Hope this isn’t like the 2010-11 season where we were appalling away yet won the league with 80 points because we were imperious at home, winning 18 out of 19. Someone needs to be good both home and away to win the league, especially if Liverpool continue to be perfect at home but shocking away. We seem to have gotten the hard part, away form, right, so now it’s time to start winning the rest of our home games as we’ve already played 4 of 5 big 6 opponents at home. Should we do that, I think we’ll win be ones to lift the trophy. Massive ask though for some of this team and the manager.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He can come out and say what he likes. Fabinho never touched that ball.
Ahuh. I just want refs to be accountable.

If it was an onfield decision, it's be one thing but to have VAR tell you to look at it again, then say no... he'd look a complete dick and refs association would have to do something.
Yes that would be interesting, 'I believe fabinho won the ball cleanly, the Fulham players standing leg was taken out by some magical pixies, not Fabinhos foot'.

Shocking decision.
Yip, that's what I want... for him to be absolutely slaughtered publicly.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hope this isn’t like the 2010-11 season where we were appalling away yet won the league with 80 points because we were imperious at home, winning 18 out of 19. Someone needs to be good both home and away to win the league, especially if Liverpool continue to be perfect at home but shocking away. We seem to have gotten the hard part, away form, right, so now it’s time to start winning the rest of our home games as we’ve already played 4 of 5 big 6 opponents at home. Should we do that, I think we’ll win be ones to lift the trophy. Massive ask though for some of this team and the manager.
I can tell you now that's not the case this season :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
No way Man Utd win the league. If you had a half-decent manger you would have a good chance.

RashyForPM

I can tell you now that's not the case this season :lol:
Yep. We’ve been appalling at home but awesome away. I was comparing Liverpool this season to our 2010-11 team. Just hope it’s not enough to win them the league unlike when we won it in 2010-11.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This season might be won by whoever goes and buys good squad depth in January.
Buying solely for squad depth never really works in practice, we tried it in 2017 and it couldn't have gone worse if we tried, Liverpool's attempts to beef up their squad with the likes of Minamino hasn't exactly worked out either.

Squad depth is something that comes naturally, either through youth promotion or a starter coming in and challenging the starter already there in that position.