Premier League Gameweek 12

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol:. Looking at the match not in isolation he is massively underperforming with that squad. He just got bood off by his fans at half time. Presumably they are sick of the four, uninspired, boring and ineffectual football that has been served up this year. No big club should take the cretin and pretender that is Brendan Rogers and to argue contrary at the moment is such amazing delusion I can't even credit it.
The daftness is must be another level for anyone drawing conclusions a third of a season in. Guy overperforms and keeps them relevant for 2 seasons and the minute he hits bad form people pipe up before the half way mark of the season :lol: jesus wept.

These fans chant his name and want him to stay, he delivered an FA Cup and over performed for the majority of his time there. There is no pretending, just an evident agenda from you against him.

If you think the boos were directed at the manager by the way, you are beyond lost.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
According to what, exactly?
[sarasm]His impressive record in Europe, clearly.[/sarcasm]

He's a good Manager but nothing special and not imo meant for top level. He's just another David Moyes for me. Will have a semi decent career as a Manager with some decent spells and some horribly shit spells. I'll be very surprised if he ends up winning a league title. He'll be part of the normal Premier League merry go round taking on the majority of the mid level clubs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn't see through top 4 two seasons in a row when it looked like it would be harder to mess it up. On balance Rodgers has still done a good job but Leicester is very much his level.
Go back and look at why. The injuries he had, he had no right being relevant.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
TBF they've had injuries, Fofana, Tielemans and possibly Maddison would all be in their best 11. That and think Rodgers has tried to be a bit too clever with formations this season, I mean end of last season Vardy and Ihenacho was looking a good front two so not sure why he hasn't played that much so far. Also probably lost some motivation after winning FA cup.

I actually think they should just go all in to win europa league and sack the league off, that strategy worked o.k for Villareal last year.
Fofana was a big blow for them. Tielemans hasn't had an injury though, played every game with the exception of today. Maddison has also not been injured, he's just out of favour, he's also played every game this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
[sarasm]His impressive record in Europe, clearly.[/sarcasm]

He's a good Manager but nothing special and not imo meant for top level. He's just another David Moyes for me. Will have a semi decent career as a Manager with some decent spells and some horribly shit spells. I'll be very surprised if he ends up winning a league title. He'll be part of the normal Premier League merry go round taking on the majority of the mid level clubs.
I agree, honestly. I think he’s at the perfect level for his abilities. Maybe at a push he’s a Spurs manager, but at this point they 1. Have a better manager now anyway, and 2. Aren’t even that much of a more appealing prospect than Leicester.

Give him a stable enough club, the right sort of backing, and he gets a side playing good enough football and being midtable nearly-men occasionally. Moyes is a good comparison.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The daftness is must be another level for anyone drawing conclusions a third of a season in.

These fans chant his name and want him to stay, he delivered an FA Cup and over performed for the majority of his time here. There is no pretending, just an evident agenda from you against him.

If you think the boos were directed at the manager by the way, you are beyond lost.
The vast majority of polls of Leicester fans online show their complete indifference to a manager who should be performing much better with this team.

We will have to agree to disagree but I think you're absolutely bonkers to say he "obviously" deserves a chance at a step up. I can't even credit a human adult who has a vague understanding of football holding that opinion but horses for courses I suppose.

We'll find out eventually if he ever does make a step up....again.

Stactix

Both are young managers so to draw any evaluation is far premature.

Both are capable of big jobs. I dont really care where Rodgers goes but hes quite obviously ready for a bigger job than Leicester.
Based on what?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I agree, honestly. I think he’s at the perfect level for his abilities. Maybe at a push he’s a Spurs manager, but at this point they 1. Have a better manager now anyway, and 2. Aren’t even that much of a more appealing prospect than Leicester.

Give him a stable enough club, the right sort of backing, and he gets a side playing good enough football and being midtable nearly-men occasionally. Moyes is a good comparison.
Agree with this. I think Moyes is far more deserving of a second chance at a big club also.

RooneyLegend

Definitely don't want a coach who thinks a set up like that can work. Let's wait for the right coach if h isn't available right now.

mu4c_20le

I think his time with us is about done. I just don't quite get him. His experience and pedigree just does not reflect on what he has produced in recent months. Strange lineups, late subs, stubbornness to change it early enough. We are underperforming for the squad we have available and have been for a while. The Fa Cup win covered up another end of season collapse.

Sound familiar? well, without the cup win

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fofana was a big blow for them. Tielemans hasn't had an injury though, played every game with the exception of today. Maddison has also not been injured, he's just out of favour, he's also played every game this season.
Ah is Maddison on the bench, didn't check. Fair enough. Tielemans is out for the new few weeks and in good form so that's a blow as Ndidi-Soumare isn't creative at all as a combination.

They'll be top half I'm sure end of the season but won't reach league heights of last few years.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Am I the only who thinks Leicester's team is a bit rubbish? An ageing goalkeeper, average defenders, decent midfield, and an attack completely reliant on whether or not Vardy turns up.

It's not something I'd associate with a Top 4 team and it feels like they've overachieved in recent years relying on players like Ihenacho and Barnes to have purple patches.

Last edited:

Stactix

The vast majority of polls of Leicester fans online show their complete indifference to a manager who should be performing much better with this team.

We will have to agree to disagree but I think you're absolutely bonkers to say he "obviously" deserves a chance at a step up. I can't even credit a human adult who has a vague understanding of football holding that opinion but horses for courses I suppose.

If I recall correctly this poster was one of the most ardent Mourinho inners.
So not a real surprise.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Your posts get me every time, its quite a mare.

Lampard Ole Koeman are just recent examples of managers given a crack at a top job with half the CV Rodgers. Hes a far better manager than them and capable of doing a much better job.

He beat Tuchel in bigger games than these and he overperformed with the squad until very recently. He has back to back trebles with Celtic which, even though its the Scottish league, is not easy.

For all your tripe about vague understanding of football, all you have to offer is that his standing before the half way mark of this season, and you even got that wrong.

lawliet354

The funny thing is, if Leic current form continues I can see Brenda getting the sack. Perhaps just what the Glazers are waiting for so they can pick him up for nothing!
Wait for Brendan get sacked at Leicester and get him for free, truly Woodward masterclass if that ends up happening

CM

Go back and look at why. The injuries he had, he had no right being relevant.
Well which big club do you think he's ready for? He went down like a lead balloon at the end of his time at Liverpool and Leicester have been really poor this season.

He can elevate upper midtable sides to being greater than the sum of their parts but Rodgers clearly has a ceiling. If Leicester carry on with this current run it wouldn't shock me if he was sacked.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well which big club do you think he's ready for? He went down like a lead balloon at the end of his time at Liverpool and Leicester have been really poor this season.

He can elevate upper midtable sides to being greater than the sum of their parts but Rodgers clearly has a ceiling. If Leicester carry on with this current run it wouldn't shock me if he was sacked.
I think he certainly failed in making the step up from the title challenging side but if I am not mistaken he lost Sterling then too, maybe Suarez? I forget.

In any case he was maybe given a big job too soon, he is a very young manager and people love to beat him with the Liverpool stick and write off an entire managerial career of future potential, suggesting managers dont grow and learn. Which makes me laugh to be honest. His time since Liverpool shows he clearly learns.

This season is a slow start but we arent even half way through. It is very apparent that some people vehemently hate Rodgers and will jump on any buckle he has. No matter now illogical it is.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Awful match stats there for Leicester. Madison with first attempt on target. Rodgers time at Leicester is done I think, can see him leaving around Xmas.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
We really are wasteful considering the amount of chances and good opportunities we create.