Premier League Gameweek 13

Superunknown

I'm a little confused with Werner. I don't know too much about him, but I had the impression that he was bought as a centre forward, with the intention of being played through the middle. Is he not that type of player or is he struggling to displace Giroud in that role? Chelsea look like a well set-up side and solid, but not as sharp up top as I was expecting them to be.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm a little confused with Werner. I don't know too much about him, but I had the impression that he was bought as a centre forward, with the intention of being played through the middle. Is he not that type of player or is he struggling to displace Giroud in that role? Chelsea look like a well set-up side and solid, but not as sharp up top as I was expecting them to be.
Werner was brought in to score goals regardless of his position. He typically doesn't do well as a lone striker against teams that tend to sit back. He's at his best when he's roaming around and getting into spaces either out wide or in between the midfield and defence. Most of the goals that he's scored has come when he starts somewhat deeper and then makes a run into space in the box. If he starts high up, he's relatively easy to deal with due to his lack of strength and inability to control the ball under pressure.

He's often had either Abraham or Giroud up front, and whenever he's played up front himself, it's been against sides that don't necessarily sit back and defend first and foremost.

Dudu

Damn. Could Patricio have done better? Giroud hit it well though.

Superunknown

Werner was brought in to score goals regardless of his position. He typically doesn't do well as a lone striker against teams that tend to sit back. He's at his best when he's roaming around and getting into spaces either out wide or in between the midfield and defence. Most of the goals that he's scored has come when he starts somewhat deeper and then makes a run into space in the box. If he starts high up, he's relatively easy to deal with due to his lack of strength and inability to control the ball under pressure.

He's often had either Abraham or Giroud up front, and whenever he's played up front himself, it's been against sides that don't necessarily sit back and defend first and foremost.
Cheers for that. Very detailed and makes a lot of sense. So that front three of Werner - Giroud - Pulisic is something that we'll probably see a lot of this season, then? Wonder if the next player on Chelsea's list will be a long term replacement for Giroud.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wolves are pretty shit arent they? All season they've been quite poor

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cheers for that. Very detailed and makes a lot of sense. So that front three of Werner - Giroud - Pulisic is something that we'll probably see a lot of this season, then? Wonder if the next player on Chelsea's list will be a long term replacement for Giroud.
Yeah, expect that become more common in the latter stages of this season.

always_hoping

Goalkeeper should have saved that, Chelseas first shot on target. Lampard a lucky general.

Superunknown

That's inexperience from Silva. Right movement, good finish, but just went too early.

Dudu

Wolves longest run without a goal since being promoted.

AshRK

See nothing special with this chelsea side. Boring who are particularly good in set pieces.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wolves are a great team, they've been unlucky this season :wenger:

Superunknown

That's a lovely goal. I didn't think he'd get the shot away as it looked at first like the chance had gone.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Aymeric Laporte looking really out of favor with Pep. Hasn't been near the same player since the injury and recently benched for John Stones and now Ake.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Podence is going to be a very shrewd pick up for a top 6 team, he’s very good.