Premier League Gameweek 14-16

cyberman

Whoa what's this all about?
Just worried about a sudden, long term injury is all, nothing important.
Anyway, anyone hear the news about an alleged rapist that had two new victims come forward this week claiming they were raped this year and they accused the organisation that employs him of enabling the rapes by standing by him and allowing him to think it was ok to do so?
Can you imagine if that happened at a sporting institution, there would be mass sacking and firings you would think.
It’s not football related, maybe I should stick it in current events or somewhere?

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
Na, Arsenal are struggling going forward from open play and Rice is a major reason for that.
Plus feck that club after the news that we aren’t allowed to talk about came out today
We are the second highest scorers in the league but generally yes less fluent maybe.

As for "feck that news" it's a court order. If we suspend someone and it leaks as to why we get fecked. In any case such a player until they're charged is innocent. When they're charged then things change otherwise its innocent until proven. Legally. And morally.

Golden Nugget

Not sure how he was so sure Hwangs was a dive yet quickly blew when Gabriel fell over after a tap on the shoulder

PoTMS

Awful from Wolves. They weren't playing like this in the final minute at OT.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yatesy is back! It’s fighting time at the City Ground

Vachadimos

Aurier - Boly - Murillo - Toff
Yates - Sangare - Mangala
MGW - Wood - Elanga
What was the story with Turner getting dropped so quickly? The greek guy played well v us on his debut but you've looked vulnerable from crosses and set plays since.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just worried about a sudden, long term injury is all, nothing important.
Anyway, anyone hear the news about an alleged rapist that had two new victims come forward this week claiming they were raped this year and they accused the organisation that employs him of enabling the rapes by standing by him and allowing him to think it was ok to do so?
Can you imagine if that happened at a sporting institution, there would be mass sacking and firings you would think.
It’s not football related, maybe I should stick it in current events or somewhere?
Yep that's all dodgy as feck. When the story broke over a year ago it was alleged the first victim was raped abroad so I presume the new allegations are U.K based?

Taribo's Gap

What was the story with Turner getting dropped so quickly? The greek guy played well v us on his debut but you've looked vulnerable from crosses and set plays since.
Read somewhere that the owner is Greek, so has a bit of a preference. Turner made a few mistakes which provided enough of a pretext.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I think it was the howler vs Liverpool when he came out the box for a ball and missed it completely. His confidence looked shot hence Vlach got the nod. I think the crosses thing is as much the CB’s as anything. I think that’s why Boly is back today over Niakhate as heading is his forte.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Read somewhere that the owner is Greek, so has a bit of a preference. Turner made a few mistakes which provided enough of a pretext.
Marikanis has no say in the matter - It’s strictly Coopers decision.

ti vu

Whoa what's this all about?
Yeah. Weird opinion, when Martinelli, Trossard, Saka, and Nketia prominent chances are fresh in memory. Beside the goal, Wolves 2 shot on target was comfortable catch for Raya. Wolves had zero corner kick!

Some people seem to watch a different game; or their expectation of a good game is clean sheet, reduce opposition to zero shot on target, where the team rake up a dozen of clear chances, and scoreline of 3+ goal margin.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think it was the howler vs Liverpool when he came out the box for a ball and missed it completely. His confidence looked shot hence Vlach got the nod. I think the crosses thing is as much the CB’s as anything. I think that’s why Boly is back today over Niakhate as heading is his forte.
Is Felipe still there (it's hard as a neutral to keep up with who is playing for Forest from one week to the next :lol: ). He was class in the run in last season. Still feels to me he and Boly is your most solid CB combination although Murillo looks a talent.

What happened to those two Brazilian guys you signed aswell? Scarpa was one and can't remember the others name, one scored in that exhilarating 4-3 win v Southampton but hardly heard anything of them this season.

I do like Forest and their random transfer policy does seem to somehow work so I think if you get over this sticky patch with patience from the top you can finish 12th this season and then aim for top 10 next year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Your continual use of that one game as proof the shit tons of injuries we’ve had haven’t impacted our season really is admiral :lol:
For me that one game was our most disappointing game of the season. I was so confident we were going to use the nightmare start to last season as fuel to really lay down a marker. ETH had finally had some uninterrupted time to work with the team on the training pitch and the players had all enjoyed a break after a gruelling season. We were at home. An evening kick off, with a full strength team. The fans massively up for it. Against a side who we should comfortably beat….

And we were so bad. So very bad. An absolute dumper fire of a performance. I’m definitely scarred by that. And it’s made it hard to fully accept all the injury excuses trotted out since. Not sure what therapy I need to put it behind me. Beating the barcodes this evening will definitely help!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah. Weird opinion, when Martinelli, Trossard, Saka, and Nketia prominent chances are fresh in memory. Beside the goal, Wolves 2 shot on target was comfortable catch for Raya. Wolves had zero corner kick!

Some people seem to watch a different game of their expectation of a good game is clean sheet, reduce opposition to zero shot on target, where the team rake up a dozen of clear chances, and scoreline of 3+ goal margin.
Top of the league but Rice is actually holding them back :lol:. Sometimes people just can't admit they were wrong.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Is Felipe still there (it's hard as a neutral to keep up with who is playing for Forest from one week to the next :lol: ). He was class in the run in last season. Still feels to me he and Boly is your most solid CB combination although Murillo looks a talent.

What happened to those two Brazilian guys you signed aswell? Scarpa was one and can't remember the others name, one scored in that exhilarating 4-3 win v Southampton but hardly heard anything of them this season.

I do like Forest and their random transfer policy does seem to somehow work so I think if you get over this sticky patch with patience from the top you can finish 12th this season and then aim for top 10 next year.
Felipe has long running knee issue - he can’t really train - it’s his first time in the matchday squad today. Danilo is still here. He must have knock as he started last week. Scarpa is out on loan at Oly. His form fell apart after his bitcoin scam last season.

The transfers do make sense but you have to be pretty invested in Forest to follow the logic!:lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Top of the league but Rice is actually holding them back :lol:. Sometimes people just can't admit they were wrong.
Preconceived notions.

Rice has been excellent this season in that role for Arsenal. He's having a better season than Rodri so far, and while he can add more to his passing game, defensively he's the best DM.

Ludens the Red

This Declan Rice grudge from some on here is getting really weird. Thought I’d seen it all with one poster claiming he is the same level as Mctominay but now he’s being blamed for Arsenal not scoring enough. It should be noted though that both of those posts were made by posters who say a lot of strange things….

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Everton coach carded for straying the technical area? Arteta lives about 2ft on the pitch and nowt is ever done to him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rather have Newcastle in this slot every week if this is the alternative

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If there were a points table based on "they should have scored!" we would be champions.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Thank Christ it’s HT and a break from this crap. Coops needs to sort this asap

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Forest player gets pulled down of a corner and gets no pen. That wasn’t any different to the one city got against us!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forest player gets pulled down of a corner and gets no pen. That wasn’t any different to the one city got against us!
There's a massive difference, just look at the team names.

cj_sparky

Shocker really, if the Forest player isn't pulled he ends up challenging for the header. Looked a lot worse than the one City got against us and also the VAR looked at this one for what seemed like a split second.