Premier League Gameweek 14-16

wr8_utd

:'(
How much injury time will the ref add to the 90 to let Arsenal win today? I'll go with 12.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I don't undertsand how anyone - even Villa fans - can enjoy the amount of faking and time wasting Martinez does. It's like an art form.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't undertsand how anyone - even Villa fans - can enjoy the amount of faking and time wasting Martinez does. It's like an art form.
He always add an extra touch against Arsenal too. It's "okay" to do when you're holding on in the last 15mn but he does it the whole match...
Anyway there's some positives, we're getting in good positions and got shots on goal. We can definitely get something from this game.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good to see VAR being consistent again within the space of a few hours. C palace get a pen for the same thing Arsenal should have just been given one

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s awful honestly, and Martinez takes it to borderline unwatchable levels.

SB16

Arsenal's pressing is really fantastic. Both teams are very aggressive off the ball, which makes for an entertaining watch

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It’s awful honestly, and Martinez takes it to borderline unwatchable levels.
I'm not even watching the game, but Villa vs Arsenal has to be the peak of tactical 'injuries' and bullshit.

Probably always going to be 10+ minutes of added times no matter what happens, and likely more if Arsenal aren't winning.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not even watching the game, but Villa vs Arsenal has to be the peak of tactical 'injuries' and bullshit.

Probably always going to be 10+ minutes of added times no matter what happens, and likely more if Arsenal aren't winning.
Arsenal are just playing their games to be honest. Villa have completely retreated to defending their own box and are just trying to see the game out with a low block, time wasting and the odd counter attack.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Arsenal are just playing their games to be honest. Villa have completely retreated to defending their own box and are just trying to see the game out with a low block, time wasting and the odd counter attack.
Well yeah, they went behind early. Villa and Newcastle are probably the only teams worse than them for rotating through the team with fake injuries when they're winning games.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not booking Saka there for kicking the ball shows referees apply rules whenever they feel like it
They apply it so arbitrarily. Pretty sure Luke Shaw got away with one like that after already being in a yellow card for exactly the same offence. Palmer got away with twice in consecutive games.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Not booking Saka there for kicking the ball shows referees apply rules whenever they feel like it
Made the game restart faster if anything. Martinez would have probably went to get the ball moonwalking with a glove on his c*ck.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well yeah, they went behind early. Villa and Newcastle are probably the only teams worse than them for rotating through the team with fake injuries when they're winning games.
That’s true. I agree.

wr8_utd

:'(
Martinez paid for all his time wasting with the injury time that got added last year. Can sense similar happen again.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They apply it so arbitrarily. Pretty sure Luke Shaw got away with one like that after already being in a yellow card for exactly the same offence. Palmer got away with twice in consecutive games.
He did and Shaw got booked for... kicking the ball away. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Martinez paid for all his time wasting with the injury time that got added last year. Can sense similar happen again.
True. I was gutted that Arsenal won that game late but it was exactly what Villa deserved.

Beachryan

How quickly would Fergie have signed McGinn? Such a SAF player...

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I really rate Emery and have for a long time, his teams are always horrible to play against, organised, work hard, competitive, shoe string budgets.

Great, hugely underrated manager who was mocked due to his time at Arsenal.

Likewise players I wanted us to go for, like Watkins or Luiz, I was told were "beneath us" but it shows what coaching can do because they'd both waltz into our team now.

Beachryan

I really rate Emery and have for a long time, his teams are always horrible to play against, organised, work hard, competitive, shoe string budgets.

Great, hugely underrated manager who was mocked due to his time at Arsenal.

Likewise players I wanted us to go for, like Watkins or Luiz, I was told were "beneath us" but it shows what coaching can do because they'd both waltz into our team now.
Thing about Emery is that a 'big' team wouldn't be able to employ his tactics imo. I agree he's excellent, but could you see a Liverpool, Chelsea, United willing to be so passive? (generally, I know against City they were good)