Premier League Gameweek 14

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Decent game today Sheffield United play really well, Chris wilder doing a great job there, they should have been out of sight in the first half, Patricio kept us in it. Second half we were a bit better, highlight was a starting debut for max Kilman who had a very good game, the last time he started a league game was for Maidstone United but he did well coming in for saiss who was suspended.
Also it's good to see boly recovering well from his broken ankle we've really missed him in defence.
Unbeaten run goes on to 9 games

Paul_Scholes18

Leicester can still win it. 5% that they do. 5% that City win and 90 for Liverpool right now.

GGT

Leicester can still win it. 5% that they do. 5% that City win and 90 for Liverpool right now.
Livarpool are still only 74% of winning, and City are 20%, Leicester you are spot on at 5%.
This is the % from betfair

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Come on.
It'd have been "Nice" if Pickford had dropped one in for City, or countless keepers had boobed on easy shots, or countless teams had their best players out v City, or they hadn't had De Bruyne out for half the season and other key injuries.
Well lets face it, Liverpool were/are up against a machine that not only has one of the best managers on the planet in charge, but is also funded by a very rich country that hasn't exactly been shy in spending their money over the past 10 years or so. It's a 'machine' that has shown it can churn out a points total averaging around the century mark over the past couple of seasons. So all things considered, maybe our so-called 'luck' has been something of an equalizing factor. It obviously helps us of course also having one of the best managers on the planet to combat 'The machine'. But a lot of opposition fans come across as more than just a little bit bitter & twisted when they keep up with this 'lucky' narrative when it comes to us challenging for the title.

A watershed moment for Liverpool came just over 2 years ago when Spurs thrashed us 4-1 at Wembley. From there-on-in we began to see a lot more solid defensive display as Klopp got to grips with the leaky defence we had at the time - remembering too that this was in the pre-VVD & Allison days - As a result the 80 or so Premier League games since that mauling by Tottenham has seen us lose just 4 times. All away from home & by no more than the odd goal (Swansea 0-1, United 1-2, Chelsea 0-1, & City 1-2). Now that's not luck, it's having a good manager, good players, & a really strong mentality within the squad of players. Taking away those 4 losses, the other 76 games we played resulted in 62 wins & 14 draws. Of those 62 wins we won 22 by the odd goal, & the other 40 were won by 2 goals or more. So just to give those figures some perspective I looked back on Manchester United's record over season's 2007/08 & 2008/09 & compared them to ours over the past 2 years. Now I think it's fair to say that the United side from that period was amongst the best, if not the best, Ferguson ever produced. Over the 2 season's listed above United lost a total of 9 league games, & won 23 matches by the odd goal. But more importantly, Ferguson's side were never chasing a team that looked like it could hit the 100 points mark. So the point I'm making is that there seems to be an awful lot of hyper-analysis on exactly how we obtain our points. But whilst people have been quite happy to drool over pep's City over the past couple of years, & even make the claim that the boys from The Etihad could field 2 competitive Premier League sides, the fact that they're trailing us by some distance seems to be because of other unseen, insidious, forces. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to look too hard to find many instances from those 2 seasons where United enjoyed copious amounts of good fortune. But I imagine you'd just say it was simply down to having a good manager, good players, & a strong mentality within the squad of players.