Premier League Gameweek 14

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I’d always be wary as another club signing an attacker for big money after they hit 28. It’s not that they hit a wall or anything but by the time they’ve adjusted things may have gone awry already.

Anyways we can’t afford to lose him. He’s absolutely lethal in the final third and his all round game is immense. Best passer and finisher we have amongst the front three.

Of course we’ll eventually have to replace them all but it looks like klopp will be here for the rebuild. Haaland is the one I’d go for if he’s moving in 2022.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That was such a needless, brainless challenge. The stupidity of some of the players at relegation candidates is ridiculous. I thought that challenge by the Villa player warranted a red card too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watkins is cursed with VAR, that was even tighter than the West Ham call.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’d always be wary as another club signing an attacker for big money after they hit 28. It’s not that they hit a wall or anything but by the time they’ve adjusted things may have gone awry already.

Anyways we can’t afford to lose him. He’s absolutely lethal in the final third and his all round game is immense. Best passer and finisher we have amongst the front three.

Of course we’ll eventually have to replace them all but it looks like klopp will be here for the rebuild. Haaland is the one I’d go for if he’s moving in 2022.
Doubt if Klopp will deal with Raiola

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Villa will be kicking themselves if they don't win this

AltiUn

Calls like that are rubbish, I know it's written in the rules but it just doesn't sit right with me that a goal's been disallowed for that.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
2-0 Villa have been class to be fair. Really showed how to control a game against 10 men. No panic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
2-0 Villa have been class to be fair. Really showed how to control a game against 10 men. No panic.
:lol: We've actually got a terrible record v ten men in recent years, even in the championship. Never in danger of conceding but waste so many final balls in this situation.

West Brom are just West Brom. Should've been Brentford up here instead.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wish we could play on the 7.15pm Sunday slot all season.

7-2 Liverpool
0-1 Leicester
0-3 Arsenal
0-3 West Brom

No idea what we have for our tea Sunday afternoon but works a treat.

Okey

If there was any international football this period, Sam Johnstone might just have got a call up! Despite his team's perilous position, he's been in some amazing form.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The league is strange this year. One of those years where anybody could drop points. From Brighton up all of the teams have quality about them.

AltiUn

Villa really have got some quality players. McGinn, Grealish and Watkins are all really talented. With more smart investments I see no reason why they can't be challenging for European spots in the next few seasons.

Good to see us finally making good progress up the table, it's always nauseating at the start of the season when you get stuck below 10th for ages.

SinNombre

Villa really have got some quality players. McGinn, Grealish and Watkins are all really talented. With more smart investments I see no reason why they can't be challenging for European spots in the next few seasons.

Good to see us finally making good progress up the table, it's always nauseating at the start of the season when you get stuck below 10th for ages.
In the absence of injuries, they could challenge this season.

They have 2 games in hand.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wish we could play on the 7.15pm Sunday slot all season.

7-2 Liverpool
0-1 Leicester
0-3 Arsenal
0-3 West Brom

No idea what we have for our tea Sunday afternoon but works a treat.
Helps when you've taken the longest out of everyone else to play your games. The delayed opening game to City and the postponement with Newcastle, 2 games in hand. Not that I'm saying it your club's fault mind but does help.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was slagging him off when they signed him :lol: although he was a bit naff for Lyon, he's looked really good so far for Villa.
I always thought he looked promising at Lyon.

I think it was the 17/18 season where he, Depay, Fekir and Mariano formed a brilliant attacking quartet. Scored 80+ goals that season if memory serves me correctly.

When I heard Villa had signed him I remember telling @FootballHQ that it was good business.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Helps when you've taken the longest out of everyone else to play your games. The delayed opening game to City and the postponement with Newcastle, 2 games in hand. Not that I'm saying it your club's fault mind but does help.
Not playing Man. City first up certainly helped the team confidence as I doubt we'd have had as good a start if we'd lost that 3 or 4 nil.

Not playing the Newcastle game is annoying though. Not because of anything to do with covid but we get get put back in bottom half simply due to playing 2/3 less games so annoying when our overall play has been top half so far and I see us in 11th or 12th before we play our game.

If we can keep up our good form it's a nice feeling to have two spare games although they'll probably schedule the Man. City game for when Aguero is on a run of 8 goals in 5 games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I always thought he looked promising at Lyon.

I think it was the 17/18 season where he, Depay, Fekir and Mariano formed a brilliant attacking quartet. Scored 80+ goals that season if memory serves me correctly.

When I heard Villa had signed him I remember telling @FootballHQ that it was good business.
He's been a bit of a slower burner so far. Looked good in little spells in games but no consistant 90 minute performance so far before today. I actually remember him more for being excellent at Ajax in their 16/17 run to europa final which I'm sure you remember, Younes on the other wing I thought was destined for big things but career stalled at Napoli and no idea if he's still there.

Important to be patient given how long it took last season's intake to find their feet and Douglas Luiz, Konsa and Trezeguet have all been excellent in last 6 months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can't say having Newcastle called off was much of an advantage. That would have been a decent Villa win surely. When it's replayed who knows what form either side will be in.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
You can't say having Newcastle called off was much of an advantage. That would have been a decent Villa win surely. When it's replayed who knows what form either side will be in.
What you on about? I'm talking about the recouperation for Villa with these delays has helped and them playing their games late on Sunday after everyone else's, that game was scheduled for Friday night. Newcastle went to Palace and won 2-0 in the game before so you can't guarantee it would have a been a win for Villa.