Premier League Gameweek 14

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That Newcastle game was on a Friday and we had played West Ham on the Monday so would've been a pretty short recovery time.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not playing Man. City first up certainly helped the team confidence as I doubt we'd have had as good a start if we'd lost that 3 or 4 nil.

Not playing the Newcastle game is annoying though. Not because of anything to do with covid but we get get put back in bottom half simply due to playing 2/3 less games so annoying when our overall play has been top half so far and I see us in 11th or 12th before we play our game.

If we can keep up our good form it's a nice feeling to have two spare games although they'll probably schedule the Man. City game for when Aguero is on a run of 8 goals in 5 games.
Or Messi's first game after window closes. Their first game they didn't look sharp at Wolves but narrowly won but yeah I'd fancy your chances a lot more on a midweek in March wedged in before a crunch champions league qualifier to catch them off guard, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

thatsme

Vardy's quick footballing brain deserves a mention after his part in Leicester's second goal yesterday.
You can clearly see he deliberately headed the ball back onto the Spurs player who was running towards his own goal, knowing the ball would hit the Spurs player and likely rebound into the net from that position.
Goes down as an OG but Vardy deserves at least an assist for that goal.

On to tonights game.
Crazy to think that only just over a week ago Chelsea had a chance to go top, now here they are 9 points off the top and moving rapidly towards midtable.
They could easily lose their next two games as well and if that happens I can see no way Lampard will keep his job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No one watching the Burnley/Wolves game? Has the potential to have even more end to end than yesterday's game.... :smirk:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You know it's bad when you're looking over your shoulders at what Burnley are doing. Arsenal looking like dropping even further.

Mcking

That Taylor assist has to be one of the best pieces of work I've ever seen from a full back. Talk about an overlap.

Giggsyking

Burnley with their stupid football and always turning into prime AC milan against us. Hope they go down strait to the second division.

Mcking

Fabio Silva lad coming on against Tarkowski and Mee. He'd do well to control a ball here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Based on what I've seen I think I rate Podence higher than Neto

Mcking

Burnley defend so well. They stand off even inside the penalty area, backing themselves to make the block. They get under every high ball away, and have an unreal keeper.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Burnley are an unbelievably well coached unit. I love watching Tarkowski and Mee defend as much as watching any attacker in the league. Really believe that if Dyche gets a bigger budget/job he could play more attractive football and win something.

Defend well, nick a goal or two via your attackers' brilliance (Podence). Pure Mourinhoball.
Why? Look at Mourinho.