Premier League Gameweek 14

VivaRonaldo85

Might I just say Everton’s record against Liverpool is damn near atrocious. They appear to fold like a cheap pack of wet cards when they play Pool yet get them to OT and they turn into one of the finer teams in the PL with devastating counter attacking football. Just pisses me off it’s the same every season! It simply must be a derby psychology.

Josh 76

You really need to get your attack consistently firing. The way Liverpool are scoring 3+ goals every game is quite impressive, and Chelsea too often does only score 1 or 2 and that might be not enough as we have seen against United...
Titles are not won in December. Liverpool are great at moment, but they need to manage games, instead of playing at full throttle for 90mins and chasing goals. They may burn out towards ends of season.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Benitez is Jose levels of finished as a coach, Ancelotti is still not there.. but the game has moved on..

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
To do what? Relegate them?
He'd still be the manager there if it wasn't for Ashley. They were already down by the time he was appointed last time and he stayed with them in the championship to take them back up. I'd back him over instant promotion over Howe. He'd probably be manager there now if there wasn't a couple of week difference between Benitez's appointment and Toon's takeover.

Like someone said before this situation is like Carlo Ancelotti, he's on a road to nothing with Everton right now, They are having to cut costs and he's working with a pittance, signings like Gray, Townsend, Rondon etc. Newcastle will give a launchpad to come back up with a better squad with unlimited funds.

BorisManUtd

Top 3 is clear now already, probably between Arsenal/West Ham/Tottenham/United for 4th. Arsenal should be contenders for 4th place, West Ham currently are but not sure if they can stay consistent whole season, while Tottenham's season depends on strenghtening squad in January, but they do have Conte. United have best squad of those 4 teams but it'll be all about if Rangnick can get them to start playing. If he does then 4th place should be ours.

United v Arsenal tomorrow is important one. We won't be playing the way we did at Villarreal and Chelsea and being more open already worries me. Haven't beaten Arsenal in PL since April 2018. That was a lucky one as well, with Fellaini scoring in injury time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You really need to get your attack consistently firing. The way Liverpool are scoring 3+ goals every game is quite impressive, and Chelsea too often does only score 1 or 2 and that might be not enough as we have seen against United...
Yup. It was good to see Mount and Ziyech with the goals today. We need more of that. I don't think it's necessary to be scoring 3+ goals most weeks, especially not with our defence. We won't compete with Liverpool on that front. They're just too good. We've only conceded 6 goals in 14 games though, which is the reason we're top and not Liverpool. We're the the second highest scorers (33) and conceded the least (6). That combination might be enough if we keep it up. I'm not super confident that we'll manage to hold them and City off but I believe we can do it.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Titles are not won in December. Liverpool are great at moment, but they need to manage games, instead of playing at full throttle for 90mins and chasing goals. They may burn out towards ends of season.
After 50 mins against Southampton, we stopped playing. We kept the ball and took it easy. We did similar at Old Trafford. We really didn't get of 2nd gear tonight. We're appearing to get the games wrapped up where we can and then take our foot off the gas. We won't be in bad shape for the second half of the season

Winrar

Top 3 is clear now already, probably between Arsenal/West Ham/Tottenham/United for 4th. Arsenal should be contenders for 4th place, West Ham currently are but not sure if they can stay consistent whole season, while Tottenham's season depends on strenghtening squad in January, but they do have Conte. United have best squad of those 4 teams but it'll be all about if Rangnick can get them to start playing. If he does then 4th place should be ours.

United v Arsenal tomorrow is important one. We won't be playing the way we did at Villarreal and Chelsea and being more open already worries me. Haven't beaten Arsenal in PL since April 2018. That was a lucky one as well, with Fellaini scoring in injury time.
How the hell did Arsenal became our bogey side out of all teams? :lol:

Unbelievable.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
How the hell did Arsenal became our bogey side out of all teams? :lol:

Unbelievable.
i am not sure if arsenal is battling for 4th. We want to be there but we are lucky to be back in europe next season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
After 50 mins against Southampton, we stopped playing. We kept the ball and took it easy. We did similar at Old Trafford. We really didn't get of 2nd gear tonight. We're appearing to get the games wrapped up where we can and then take our foot off the gas. We won't be in bad shape for the second half of the season
That's a good point. It frustrated me no end that we haven't put 10 past a team yet. Utd and Southampton were the most obvious games to do that in. But now I can see the big picture I guess. You don't win the league scoring in double figures.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That's a good point. It frustrated me no end that we haven't put 10 past a team yet. Utd and Southampton were the most obvious games to do that in. But now I can see the big picture I guess. You don't win the league scoring in double figures.
Would hurt if you lose out on GD

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
They won't burn out. In fact, for some reason both pep and Klopp's team don't really burn out, like machines they just keep going and going and going!

Wilt

As predicted City, Pool and Chelsea are leaving the rest behind. It’s all about the battle for fourth.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
And it is especially important as Liverpool have a quite small squad compared to Chelsea, if I am not mistaken? So Liverpool need a way to keep their players fit, and playing full throttle for 60min followed by 30min in cruise control seems a smart way to do that, but you need a massive advantage in individual games to do this consistently. Chelsea doesn't get so far ahead in their games usually, need to rotate more as they have to keep fully concentrated all the time, and therefore are sometimes more inconsistent. It'll be interesting to see which of the three teams is the first to run out of steam.

Oranges038

They aren't going full throttle for 90 mins.
The way they are seeing out games at the minute, they are really only playing for 60 mins.

That's how it should be done, they are managing games better than they have ever done under Klopp.

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
This is a burnt out cliche with Klopps teams. He was definitely guilty of it in the past but he has matured his game leaps and bounds through his Liverpool tenure. Which absolutely kills me to say as I despise that man and his annoyingly white teeth.

They don’t do this at all anymore, and they have unfortunately proven that by not being one season wonders who got crippled by the high demand from Klopp.

copen1945

Aston Villa against Man City showed more intent than United did. Ole is a legend and did right by the club to put the infrastructure in place, but his time clearly had come to an end by that match.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Aston Villa against Man City showed more intent than United did. Ole is a legend and did right by the club to put the infrastructure in place, but his time clearly had come to an end by that match.
Yeh. You watched him just squirming on his seat, while his team was toyed around at Home. Compared to Pep who's still giving instructions on the sideline. Fcking hell.

I thought he's gone after that game. But heyho...

edcunited1878

United were at their lowest point, but had good results against City the past couple of seasons.

What good is intent when you don't get a result? Results matter and that's why Ole got sacked.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bloody hell Everton's record against liverpool really is appalling. They're not not a 15th placed team or some shit like that but based on their inept displays against their rivals, it absolutely looks that way.

Liverpool and City are looking really good. Chelsea just about grinding results out.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully Chelsea don't feck up and win the title. I really rather not see Pool with another title.
City are a better bet. They have the mentality to win the league and a better squad/manager. However a lack of a CF/Supreme wide forward while not an issue of late may be the difference between them and Liverpool (or Citys squad strength of course).

Chelsea need to get their attack clicking. A couple of them have to start being regular top performers otherwise they're too reliant on the defence

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
And it is especially important as Liverpool have a quite small squad compared to Chelsea, if I am not mistaken? So Liverpool need a way to keep their players fit, and playing full throttle for 60min followed by 30min in cruise control seems a smart way to do that, but you need a massive advantage in individual games to do this consistently. Chelsea doesn't get so far ahead in their games usually, need to rotate more as they have to keep fully concentrated all the time, and therefore are sometimes more inconsistent. It'll be interesting to see which of the three teams is the first to run out of steam.
I’m not sure our squad is that small tbh. If everyone is fit then you’d have today’s starting XI (Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Mane, Jota, Salah) then Firmino, Tsimikas, Keita, Chamberlain, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Gomez, Konate and a few other younger players to choose from for the bench. It’s not bad. Not as strong as Chelsea or City but I don’t think I’d class it as small. The likes of Keita, Firmino, Konate and Jones can come in easily enough.

Certainly not as limited as a few years ago when we played Madrid in the CL final. It was noticeable that season just how limited our options were.

The challenge is handling the absence of Salah and Mane coming up. That’s where we have potential to drop off a bit.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
It’s a myth that Liverpool have a smaller squad than Chelsea. don’t be deceived by the media.Objectively look at what’s in front of you.
LB- Tsimikas/Robertson vs Alonso/Chilwell
RB- TAA/Neco vs James/Azpi
CB - Matip/Virgil/Gomez/Konate vs Christensen/Chalobah/Silva/Rudiger
MF- Thiago/Fabinho/Henderson/Milner/Keita/Ox/Minamino/Harvey/Jones vs Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic/RLC/Pulisic/Ziyech/Mount/Barkley/CHO.
ST - Salah/Mane/Jota/Origi/Firmino vs Lukaku/Kai

So look at this 2 squad and tell me where this myth of Chelsea big squad is coming from. Even the gap in quality of the bench Liverpool is still ahead.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
City are a better bet. They have the mentality to win the league and a better squad/manager. However a lack of a CF/Supreme wide forward while not an issue of late may be the difference between them and Liverpool (or Citys squad strength of course).

Chelsea need to get their attack clicking. A couple of them have to start being regular top performers otherwise they're too reliant on the defence
Chelsea's season really hinges on keeping Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic fit for the most of the season. The drop off from those 3 to anyone else in the squad is pretty wild. Tuchel's whole thing is winning the midfield battle and controlling the game. If we can't do that then every game turns into a crap shoot with a very uncertain outcome.