g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 15

Dominos

He was offside. Toes clearly ahead of the line.The defender’s aren’t. Never got the outrage over this. VAR has some serious problems but offside is offside. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

The outrage only ever comes when the decision goes the big sides’ way.
I agree.

What I can't understand is where they have drawn the red line, it's absolutely nowhere near Richarlison's toe. They've just blatantly drawn the lines wherever they feel like to make the gap bigger so they can justify the offside... What other decisions are they doing this with?

I suspect, with the thicker lines and the fact if the lines are touching then it's onside, if they drew the lines correctly they'd have to give the goal. They could see his toe was offside though so they didn't want to give it, so fudged the lines.

edcunited1878

Arsenal time wasting again and have taken the sting out of the game. Player should be off the pitch and getting treatment before getting subbed off.

AndySmith1990

It's quite incredible how even with the use of technology, football struggles to get simple decisions right.

AshRK

How can people with straight face say Arteta is doing a good job. He has turned Arsenal into a borefest. Proper midtable side who are hard to play against.

HackeyC

Hate that, Gabriel was the one making the foul and the Everton player gets penalised, all in front of the linesman...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What was that "if he can take on baseball (sic) wielding robbers" ?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A team of whinging, cheating fecking cnuts.

Liverpool and City are the big rivals but I despise Arsenal something fierce.

edcunited1878

Mike Dean needs to settle the players down and take control of this match. The decisions against Everton are mounting and tackles are flying around a bit with the loose passes, plus Arsenal's time wasting.

MUFC OK

They have though. If there is daylight between the lines then it’s offside. It’s clearly shown in the picture there is a gap between the lines so it’s offside. I’m not sure why it’s hard to grasp. That’s the rule just deal with it.
The blue line was absolutely tiny, and Richarlisons foot was behind the red line. Look at my post above.

UDontMessWith24

Arsenal are absolutely brutal. Arteta may be easier on the eye than Dyche but he's team sure as feck isn't easier on the eye than Dyche's

Eggberto

Richarlison’s foot is in the air at the time of the pass not on the ground, the white line and the angle of the freeze frame is deceptive.
the redline Is drawn on the ground from the end of the boot vertically down not on the toe.

shame that.

Lecland07

I agree.

What I can't understand is where they have drawn the red line, it's absolutely nowhere near Richarlison's toe. They've just blatantly drawn the lines wherever they feel like to make the gap bigger so they can justify the offside... What other decisions are they doing this with?

I suspect, with the thicker lines and the fact if the lines are touching then it's onside, if they drew the lines correctly they'd have to give the goal. They could see his toe was offside though so they didn't want to give it, so fudged the lines.
It is like they are treating it as a 3d model. They have done the vertical indices line from the tip of his boot to make Richarlison's offside line lower so they can make it out, but on a 2d image that will only make the line look further up the pitch and make it seem like he is offside.

It is a really odd way of carrying it out.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
That was another red missed for Everton

KingCavani

I agree.

Richarlison’s foot is in the air, that was clear on the tb. I think the small vertical line below his foot is to judge the angle.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The blue line was absolutely tiny, and Richarlisons foot was behind the red line. Look at my post above.
I stand corrected as I wrongly assumed the red line was competently drawn and it wasn’t until I zoomed in I saw it. Shambles. However, I do stand by my original point that had Richarlisons foot been where the red line is people would still be moaning.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With Ole gone we should be far ahead of this Arsenal side by the end of the season.