g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 15

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Two really harsh offsides and a jammy Arsenal goal. Everton must be raging.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s mad how so many Arsenal fans feel that the refs are against them. :lol:

MUFC OK

What happened to the lines overlapping? Or are they telling us the lines on the pitch aren’t straight?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I mean how is that offside under the new rules. They make up shit as they go along.

Amarsdd

wasn't VAR supposed to give the attackers the benefit of the doubt this season with those close decisions? Or its just VAR being VAR?

Timdbro

I hope they show that offside again, both the defender’s and Richarlison’s foot looked like they were right on the line of the box

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They said at the start of the season there was gonna be some form of "attacker's benefit". Either use it or fecking don't.

KingCavani

He was offside. Toes clearly ahead of the line.The defender’s aren’t. Never got the outrage over this. VAR has some serious problems but offside is offside. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

The outrage only ever comes when the decision goes the big sides’ way.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ok my bad :lol:

And I'm not saying you are wrong per say, just that based on your post it's understandable if someone might think you haven't played the game.
That's fair enough,

There's definitely a red card in this game for sure....

Lecland07

What is strange about that image is that they have drawn the line deeper from Richarlison's foot, which makes it look like the line is further up the pitch. Look at the vertical line from the tip of his foot; it is much longer than the one for the Arsenal defender.

That line is clearly not drawn properly. I don't know whether that is the tool's fault or the refs in the VAR room. It so badly done.

Could they not just use GPS to manage offsides, now?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He was offside. Toes clearly ahead of the line.The defender’s aren’t. Never got the outrage over this. VAR has some serious problems but offside is offside. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

The outrage only ever comes when the decision goes the big sides’ way.

This season it was announced that they'd give the benefit of doubt to the attacker on marginal offsides

Timdbro

So the lines they’ve put on are obviously b*****s, richarlison’s foot is miles behind the red line. It looks like the actual decision was based on the two tiny little red and blue dots next to each player’s foot. In which case that decision is also b*****s