g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 17+18

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You battered United? Come on now.
Not in terms of chances but yeah I think we dominated that game but we couldn't move the parked bus and in the end we got sucker punched from a silly error.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wonder what @SilentWitness is thinking now. Everton isn't getting a point if it was rescheduled.

Except for first 15- 20 mins,it was quite comfortable for Everton. Should have won that .

Bulldog United

The season needs to be called off.
This new variant is too dangerous for football right now.
Let's start again once everything has cleared up.

PoTMS

Not in terms of chances but yeah I think we dominated that game but we couldn't move the parked bus and in the end we got sucker punched from a silly error.
So by dominated and battered, you mean pass side to side endlessly with no answer but a penalty.

cyberman

Win and we are 7 points behind Chelsea. If there’s any football left in the season then let’s see who finishes above who

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
In the end? What? We went 1-0 up. You were as toothless in that game as you have been lately, you didn't deserve to win it at all and you certainly didn't batter anything.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So by dominated and battered, you mean pass side to side endlessly with no answer but a penalty.
Im really not trying to antagonise anyone. It's just an opinion. I think we dominated the game. I don't think that's a controversial take.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In the end? What? We went 1-0 up. You were as toothless in that game as you have been lately, you didn't deserve to win it at all and you certainly didn't batter anything.
Agree to disagree I guess.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thank frick for that. The last three games have been sweat inducing in the middle of winter. Just keeping up with City is expending too much mental energy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
More down to the strength of the competition.
Possibly. I would agree. Our injury situation isn't helping but realistically, we'd still likely fall short of the pace those two teams are setting.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Agree to disagree I guess.
You're really trying to say you batter a team when you barely create any chances against them? You know that's bollocks, come on mate. You've dominated possession lately but just look clueless infront of goal. That's a fair comment, right? Battering a team is where you're constantly peppering a teams goal or you actually score a load of goals against them. Not fannying around unsure how to break the defence down.

copen1945

The season should be declared null and void. It is too dangerous for the players and the fans.

Sviken

Sigh... once again i'm cheering for City to win the title. We had it too good under Sir Alex, now we're cursed.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Short term memory loss for that Chelsea supporter it seems.
It's mental because I was expecting us to actually get battered in that game, especially as it was the first game with a novice manager, but I genuinely didn't feel worried at all whilst watching it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You're really trying to say you batter a team when you barely create any chances against them? You know that's bollocks, come on mate. You've dominated possession lately but just look clueless infront of goal. That's a fair comment, right? Battering a team is where you're constantly peppering a teams goal or you actually score a load of goals against them. Not fannying around unsure how to break the defence down.
Fair enough, perhaps I shouldn't have chucked United into that group of games and could have worded slightly differently. My overall point was bemoaning exactly what you described, our inability to either finish our chances or turn heavy possession into goals. All 3 of those games had the same pattern. Chelsea dominated. Conceding a goal against the run of play and us dropping points. That's really the crux of my complaint with my team.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea were always gonna drop off a notch because they relied on defenders to score goals, they just don't have the scoring power in their team even with Lukaku healthy. Feel like this is gonna be City vs Liverpool again.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Fair enough, perhaps I shouldn't have chucked United into that group of games and could have worded slightly differently. My overall point was bemoaning exactly what you described, our inability to either finish our chances or turn heavy possession into goals. All 3 of those games had the same pattern. Chelsea dominated. Conceding a goal against the run of play and us dropping points. That's really the crux of my complaint with my team.
Yup, Tuchel needs to find an answer for it. He seems to be out of ideas a bit.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Three weeks ago, in the best manager thread, people started going overboard. Calling Tuchel better than Pep, his Chelsea the best defensive team etc. etc. I said at that time that it is an overreaction to the CL win. Tuchel's credential will be proven by how he handles a setback, a tough situation. Now is the perfect time for it.

He is a very good manager, but can be rattled easily. He is a volatile person. Happened at Mainz, Dortmund and PSG. Let's see how he turns this around at Chelsea.

He took over Chelsea during a sticky period, but the expectation level was significantly lower than now.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea are discovering how consistent you have to be to keep up with City and Liverpool in recent years. City especially seem to find it easy to hit the high 80's most seasons.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yup, Tuchel needs to find an answer for it. He seems to be out of ideas a bit.
Don't think he's out of ideas. But we'll see. I won't pile on him when the going is a bit tough. I trust him to see through the wobble. We're just talking about 1 loss and couple of draws over a period 6-7 weeks. Hardly the disaster that its being made out to be.

Josh 76

Three weeks ago, in the best manager thread, people started going overboard. Calling Tuchel better than Pep, his Chelsea the best defensive team etc. etc. I said at that time that it is an overreaction to the CL win. Tuchel's credential will be proven by how he handles a setback, a tough situation. Now is the perfect time for it.

He is a very good manager, but can be rattled easily. He is a volatile person. Happened at Mainz, Dortmund and PSG. Let's see how he turns this around at Chelsea.

He took over Chelsea during a sticky period, but the expectation level was significantly lower than now.
They have half the team out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wonder what @SilentWitness is thinking now. Everton isn't getting a point if it was rescheduled.

Except for first 15- 20 mins,it was quite comfortable for Everton. Should have won that .
That it still should have been rescheduled? We barely had any first team players and aside from that, the covid situation for fans and players, especially in London should be postponing games. It’s embarrassing for Chelsea that they didn’t win tonight. We had no right getting any points.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
It's mental because I was expecting us to actually get battered in that game, especially as it was the first game with a novice manager, but I genuinely didn't feel worried at all whilst watching it.
Yea I felt comfortable under Carrick. Could've worded that better.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
According to this City, Liverpool and Chelsea all had the exact same xG with completely different results.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
According to this City, Liverpool and Chelsea all had the exact same xG with completely different results.

Just goes to show xG is a load of bollocks and people should forget it. They talk about it like it's some legendary amazing stat. It's dogshit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just goes to show xG is a load of bollocks and people should forget it. They talk about it like it's some legendary amazing stat. It's dogshit.
It's not dogshit. It's just not supposed to be used to judge singular games. If Chelsea continue to match Liverpool and City's xG over the next 10-15 games or so, which is tall order and rather unlikely, but if we do, we'll probably keep pace with them over that period.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's not dogshit. It's just not supposed to be used to judge singular games. If Chelsea continue to match Liverpool and City's xG over the next 10-15 games or so, which is tall order and rather unlikely, but if we do, we'll probably keep pace with them over that period.
According to the images you could continue all getting 2.9xG but you could draw/lose every match 1-1 and city smash everyone 7-0 though? So that wouldn't be keeping pace?