Premier League Gameweek 17

Zen

2-2 and looking for a winner... good luck asking the crowd to be the 12th man.... it is genuinely empty in injury time :lol:

always_hoping

woman commentator curse with talking up Foden before giving away that penalty. Klopp will be grinning. Another two points drop for Liverpool's main title challenger.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
2-2 and looking for a winner... good luck asking the crowd to be the 12th man.... it is genuinely empty in injury time :lol:
It's a real shame that their success is wasted on that fanbase.

wr8_utd

:'(
Pep is helping out Arteta. Liverpool will drop a bunch of points during AFCON.
I think people said this the last time also when they lost Mane and Salah but did they really lose much ground to City at that point?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This time last year they were shite too.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the league is won in the final third of the season.
Dont remember them being this bad though. There 4th this year and they’ll be 6pts behind top when the scousers beat us tomoz

DJ_21

Well yeah, despite the goals from Haaland, De Brunye and Gundogan were their best players for the last couple of years and they have both been gone this season.
Ye they signed Kovacic who is a complete different player to Gundogan. They’re missing De bruyne who provides the creative spark.

Glowing

About a week back the arrogant fraud had said that his team is going to be the first to win 4 league titles in a row. Serves him right ::)

wr8_utd

Ye they signed Kovacic who is a complete different player to Gundogan. They’re missing De bruyne who provides the creative spark.
Sure they're missing KDB but they're also conceding 2 goals a game on average right now.

marktan

KDB bailed them out in the league so many times in the last few years. I don't have the exact figures but it seemed like every other week last year he'd get the assist or goal for the winning goal for them

wr8_utd

KDB bailed them out in the league so many times in the last few years. I don't have the exact figures but it seemed like every other week last year he'd get the assist or goal for the winning goal for them
Like Bernardo said recently, the attack is scoring goals but you can't expect to concede 2-3 goals every match and win. Not sure how KDB helps that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Real shades of the season when we let Liverpool run away with the league creeping in now. We're handing out points like it's Christmas. Late goals vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Palace to lose points. While it's far from crisis time if we drop any more points before the halfway point we're in trouble.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Dont remember them being this bad though. There 4th this year and they’ll be 6pts behind top when the scousers beat us tomoz
True. They’ve been further behind more consistent challenges from both Liverpool and Arsenal though, and won it.

wr8_utd

Real shades of the season when we let Liverpool run away with the league creeping in now. We're handing out points like it's Christmas. Late goals vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Palace to lose points. While it's far from crisis time if we drop any more points before the halfway point we're in trouble.
Two of your next 3 games are at Goodison and St James Park. It'll be crisis very soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City screw up brilliant...except it sort of isn't, as Liverpool look like they're having one of their years where it opens up...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
a win tomorrow (yes, yes I know) and we'll be only 3 points behind Man City
Love the optimism mate, but i'd probably lower expectations to "a shot on target", "getting in their half a couple of times" or keeping it to fewer than 4 goals against.

DJ_21

True. They’ve been further behind more consistent challenges from both Liverpool and Arsenal though, and won it.
Ye I expect Arsenal to bottle it but Liverpool seem to be getting the luck this year with their come backs and late goals.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ye I expect Arsenal to bottle it but Liverpool seem to be getting the luck this year with their come backs and late goals.
It actually feels like one of those years like when a below par Real Madrid, Bayern or even Chelsea (2012) win the CL. It's not a vintage version but they have enough muscle memory to stick around and get over the line.

What Liverpool have out currently isn't even as strong as what they had in May 2022 when they pushed Man. City to the very last kick of the season but that core of Alisson-TAA-Van Dijk-Robertson-Salah-Diaz all know what it's like to go deep in a title race, only their midfield area is inexperienced in that regard.

You'd back them to edge out Arsenal in a shootout when we get to May as Liverpool are just that more secure in home games aswell.

Supports
AFC Bournemouth
Sherwood seems to think it wasn't just a collapse but a collision.
Proof, if it was still needed, that Sherwood hasn't got a clue what's going on in a football match even when his one job is to sit there and describe what is going on in a football match. There was nobody even remotely close to Lockyer, and the AFCB players sprinted over when he collapsed and immediately started urgently beckoning for the medical staff to come on.

Fingers crossed Lockyer is alright.

As for Sherwood, how can he be expected to report on anything debatable when he can't even see that?