Premier League Gameweek 18+19

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
United are a decent side, but it just doesnt make sense for me, OGS leading United to the title?
Surely not....

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not sure what was more embarassing, Hasenhüttl crying or that goal celebration.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, so many injuries. Looks like Ole will need to play youngsters in the FA Cup after all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With COVID running rampant across the country and indeed the entire planet, now would be a good time to end the PL season as it stands with the title going to the club who is currently top of the table. Whoever that may be, I haven't checked in a while.

It's only fair.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Big game on Sunday. I fancy us against anyone at home and United have a below par record against the bigger sides this season.

We could do with not waiting until the 30th minute to actually start playing though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Big game on Sunday. I fancy us against anyone at home and United have a below par record against the bigger sides this season.

We could do with not waiting until the 30th minute to actually start playing though.
You made a proper mess of the xmas period didn't you? Simply can't afford to lose on Sunday (I think it will be a draw) as you have Spurs and Man. City in next 4 games while Man. United have Fulham and Sheffield United so they could be stretching a significant lead over you by mid Feb which you'd never have thought possible 6 weeks ago.

Just shows how random this season is and they'll probably be a mad swing for another team in final two months....if we get that far.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You made a proper mess of the xmas period didn't you? Simply can't afford to lose on Sunday (I think it will be a draw) as you have Spurs and Man. City in next 4 games while Man. United have Fulham and Sheffield United so they could be stretching a significant lead over you by mid Feb which you'd never have thought possible 6 weeks ago.

Just shows how random this season is and they'll probably be a mad swing for another team in final two months....if we get that far.
It's not Spurs and City I worry about. It's Burnley at home. We've dropped points against Fulham, Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle and Southampton in the last 6 weeks or so. Really poor for a side aiming for a title. We're more than capable of going on a run though, and it's not about who is top after 17 games, it's who is top after 38.

I'm still thinking that United will struggle to balance Europa League and chasing a title. City and Liverpool have been managing title challenges and Europe for a couple of years now. It's why I think City might sneak in and take it this year.

AshRK

United are a decent side, but it just doesnt make sense for me, OGS leading United to the title?
Surely not....
That comes from a pre notion mindset that people have for Ole. He has been the most abused/trolled manager so naturally anything good he does becomes hard to believe. A lie repeated thousand times becomes a truth and that's what is with Ole. People troll him and think he is merely a cheerleader and fans believe it.

I bet if we were in the same position with same stats under say Poch, he would have been hailed.

cyberman

It's not Spurs and City I worry about. It's Burnley at home. We've dropped points against Fulham, Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle and Southampton in the last 6 weeks or so. Really poor for a side aiming for a title. We're more than capable of going on a run though, and it's not about who is top after 17 games, it's who is top after 38.

I'm still thinking that United will struggle to balance Europa League and chasing a title. City and Liverpool have been managing title challenges and Europe for a couple of years now. It's why I think City might sneak in and take it this year.
To be fair we got to EL semi last year and had the best record in the league post January if I remember correctly.
Any sort of title charge and we are binning EL football. Expect the FA cup v Watford type of side

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
To be fair we got to EL semi last year and had the best record in the league post January if I remember correctly.
Any sort of title charge and we are binning EL football. Expect the FA cup v Watford type of side
I think Solskjaer wants a trophy and will take one any way he can get it. I don't think he'll put all of his eggs in the PL basket either considering how one or two bad results can reel you back in.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him rotate a bit but I still think you're going to see some of Rashford, Fernandes, Martial, Pogba, Maguire etc play in the Europa League.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That comes from a pre notion mindset that people have for Ole. He has been the most abused/trolled manager so naturally anything good he does becomes hard to believe. A lie repeated thousand times becomes a truth and that's what is with Ole. People troll him and think he is merely a cheerleader and fans believe it.

I bet if we were in the same position with same stats under say Poch, he would have been hailed.
Its not that, i have followed his career as a trainer, and his history just doesnt scream "PL-winner", you know?

I`ve always found him to be a average/bit above average as a coach, not terrible, but neither all that great.

Had one great period with Molde, then a bad period with Cardiff, then his 2nd period with Molde was quite average, so its a mixed bag for me.

AshRK

Its not that, i have followed his career as a trainer, and his history just doesnt scream "PL-winner", you know?

I`ve always found him to be a average/bit above average as a coach, not terrible, but neither all that great.

Had one great period with Molde, then a bad period with Cardiff, then his 2nd period with Molde was quite average, so its a mixed bag for me.
Ranieri 's career never screamed PL winner. Neither did daglish's when he won with Blackburn. Managers like players can improve,.maybe ole is improving and learning with each day.

Number32

Ranieri 's career never screamed PL winner. Neither did daglish's when he won with Blackburn. Managers like players can improve,.maybe ole is improving and learning with each day.
Daglish had won 3 league titles before managing Blackburn. I get your point though, you should mention Arsene Wenger, He was the perfect example of "never screamed PL winner" manager who surprisingly great, and became a serial winners. But I think Ole would never touch Wenger's managerial level.

cyberman

I think Solskjaer wants a trophy and will take one any way he can get it. I don't think he'll put all of his eggs in the PL basket either considering how one or two bad results can reel you back in.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him rotate a bit but I still think you're going to see some of Rashford, Fernandes, Martial, Pogba, Maguire etc play in the Europa League.
I dunno. We did rotate for a FA cup semi final last year when we got ourselves into a great position for top 4.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Guardiola deserves credit. City are working their way into the title race without playing a natural striker most of the time.

Threesus

Surely not....
I mean Zidane led you guys to three consecutive CL titles, and he was not exactly the second coming of Pep either.
Saying that, I still think it is between Liverpool and City for the title. I just hope to be in the title race come April and finish comfortably in the CL places.

Sylar

City gonna win easily tonight
And their next four or five games are perfect for them to build up a great GD and win maximum points
Villa be their toughest but I reckon it's a good time to face them too

Edit: Brighton, palace, villa, wba, Sheffield, Burnley before they face Liverpool

That should be 18/18 points. Perfect run of games just as they have found form and consistency

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn't go that far. For 700 grand a week, he should have been putting up peak Suarez numbers. Being better than an out of form Martial is not a great achievement.
he’s historically been better than martial. The salary isn’t good but considering he’s playing in a system that doesn’t suit him id take Griezmann over Martial any day. Career wise Griezmann has been far more consistent.

PoTMS

I'll watch until the first City goal. So two minutes.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Guardiola deserves credit. City are working their way into the title race without playing a natural striker most of the time.
to me it’s more of a reflection of how weak the EPL is this year (and most top five leagues are in a downturn this season). The number of genuine quality teams on each league feels lower than ever.

cyberman

to me it’s more of a reflection of how weak the EPL is this year (and most top five leagues are in a downturn this season). The number of genuine quality teams on each league feels lower than ever.
City are getting better with every game in hand they get. They have 2 difficult games to play but theyre given those 6 pts with every if they win their games in hand point thats made.
Everton and Villa are two extremly difficult games to win.

Terminator

This is a significantly weakened Brighton team right?

Bending over for City before the match even began.

Brighton are going to get slapped without Bissouma who's by far their best player other than Lamptey who's a crock. Would've done anyways but Potter really couldn't have picked a more naive lineup. I don't get his Dan Burn obsession, the man gets run ragged by any half decent winger with pace.

Bernardo is also horrible any time I watch him.

Moonwalker

I'm trying to approach watching this game with some optimism, but it's an uphill battle. The only boon here is seeing the new pundit darling John Stones start for City. The possibility of him reverting to type gives a modicum of hope.