Premier League Gameweek 19 - Dec 22nd and 23rd

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
If this were F1, they stop showing the leader of the race, as what is happening behind is more interesting.
Not if the leader is breaking the speed record they don’t. Agree that top 4 is very tight this year though. I can’t even figure out who I want to miss out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Spurs have missed so many chances on counter attack. Lacking composure today.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Oh well, that's Arsenal in 6th place for Christmas.

If we can win today, and assuming we do well in fixtures we really should do over the rest of Christmas, then hopefully we can establish a wide gap between us and the rest of the "big 6" (bar City) for a top 4 place.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not if the leader is breaking the speed record they don’t. Agree that top 4 is very tight this year though. I can’t even figure out who I want to miss out.
Liverpool and Spurs for me. Arsenal are already losing Sanchez and Özil. If either of the other two miss out then some of their best players could leave and would make recruitment a bit tougher.

For you though, United missing out would be good as De Gea would probably leave but if we win today then we're in a decent position pointswise with regards the top 4.

Witchking

Literally everyone acknowledges that Pep is having a better season than Jose. But if you dare speak positively about Jose then you are hounded out because we're not playing like City.
That is not true. Jose has been given due credit for United coming back in to the champions league, winning two trophies in his first season and making a jump from sixth to second and also Starting the season well by playing some good football.

However it is also true that united have reverted to last seasons football and play a more hoof ball style which not enjoyed by some. Not exactly a crime.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Kane is probably the major difference between Spurs being a mid table club and a top 6 club this season. Eriksen is delivering but Spurs need more from Alli if they want to crack top 4.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Forgot about Defour. He was one of the more realistic possibilities when we were desperate for a midfielder in the late Fergie days if I remember.

cj_sparky

Was that a "It's all about you, it's all about you. Micheal Oliver, it's all about you" chant then .....:lol:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Liverpool and Spurs for me. Arsenal are already losing Sanchez and Özil. If either of the other two miss out then some of their best players could leave and would make recruitment a bit tougher.

For you though, United missing out would be good as De Gea would probably leave but if we win today then we're in a decent position pointswise with regards the top 4.
Yeah I’m taking City, United and Chelsea as givens. I’d want both of those to miss out personally but being realistic I think Arsenal is a good shout. I’m not actually convinced Spurs take full advantage of a CL spot either; so basically just not Liverpool.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
How've you got this without the commentary?
Dual audio option on satelite. 2nd option used to be the english commentary but since the Brits complained about pubs buying cheaper subscriptions instead of Sky's package they completely banned the english audio coverage outside of UK, so now we get stadium audio as the second option during EPL matches on Movistar+Futbol

Perseus

How do people find City exciting to watch? I find their games really boring. Pass after pass after pass. I almost fell asleep watching that half. Give me counter attacking football any day. Even at Bayern they were very boring as well.
City's accurate (88%) passing makes them so hard to play against.

Not so many counter-attacking goals this season. A full length of the pitch one at Brighton is the only one that sticks in my memory.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ref playing for Utd. Where's Pogba's pull back yellow card? Why not play the advantage!