Premier League Gameweek 2

jungledrums

Thiago Silva was missing for that massacre (suspended I think) hence why Luiz ended up having his standard game when someone better and more experienced isn't alongside to tell him to wake the feck up.

He's just a shit defender. Genuinely a very good footballer for a cb so he has his uses playing out from the back (was really good in Conte's back 3 where he had plenty of cover) but alongside Arsenal's other options and the way they'll leave him exposed pretty regularly, I can see him costing them plenty of goals.
Ahhh he was too, good shout.

Agree mate, and that’s the key point - alongside Arsenal’s other options, it’s gonna make for one shaky back line.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Typical Burnley. Rolling over for the other top 6 teams. Watch them become possessed and defend for their lives at OT.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I only switched on a few minutes ago but seems to be all Burnley at the moment.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Shit. Didn’t realise things had gotten that bad for them.
Yep. They were truly terrible last season, all that defensive organisation from the season before was gone.

None of the weaker Pl sides are really what you'd call proper bastards in terms of an ability to park the bus effectively and nick one on the counter, at least not consistently. They all concede a lot of goals.

Aside from Newcastle, but yet to be seen if that'll be maintained with Rafa gone.

Nogbadthebad

Since they joined, I have to say Lacazette and Auba have been good for the arse. It's surprising they got them both without much competition when you look how they have played.

Having said that, defence still looks like its ready to give up goals, I think arsenal will end up pretty much the same place as last year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They conceded 68 goals last season. That's only 2 less than a team like Bournemouth.
Uncharacteristically yes. Their first half was torrid with Europa distraction then they improved.. Also when they got their GK back and didn't have to deal with Hart.

R'hllor

God forbid VAR kills the emotion of atmosphere and match going fans in PL :lol: . What the feck is this joke, its like Arsenal got penalized to play in front of no crowd.

Nico87

With Madrid supposedly light in midfield why’d they loan out Ceballos, he looks quality.

Amarsdd

To be honest, I’m not. He’s not been bad by any stretch, but he seems a bit Ben Arfa-esque. A lot of nice touches but how effective has it been?
Exactly what I was thinking. He's just doing some fancy skills without any use. Just like when he was open to shoot but for no reason drove into the box to take on 2-3 people and lose the ball. He looks like he's trying to impress too much and his dribbling style looks weird as well.