Premier League Gameweek 2

Anustart89

Surely a push from Richarlison? He wouldn't have headed it that way if he wasn't pushed, would he?

Anustart89

That's a foul for me.

Richarlison jumps into the back of the defender, leads with the arm. Obviously doesn't get any of the ball but spins the defender around so he heads it with the back of his head into the path of DCL.

Nickelodeon

I don’t see why that should be a goal. Don’t think that the intention behind the offside should be literally touching but involvement in the buildup. If Richarlison wasn’t there, Furlong doesn’t play the ball in that direction. So he was involved in the ball being played to DCL and hence it should be an offside.

izec

That's a foul for me.

Richarlison jumps into the back of the defender, leads with the arm. Obviously doesn't get any of the ball but spins the defender around so he heads it with the back of his head into the path of DCL.
That will rarely get called in the PL.

Varun

Staff
I don’t see why that should be a goal. Don’t think that the intention behind the offside should be literally touching but involvement in the buildup. If Richarlison wasn’t there, Furlong doesn’t play the ball in that direction. So he was involved in the ball being played to DCL and hence it should be an offside.
Agreed

Sylar

I don't think DCL was offside even if it had come of the Everton player? He looked in line and not behind the keeper?

Anustart89

That will rarely get called in the PL.
It gets called at corners all the time when attackers go through the backs of defenders, with less consequences than the fouled player assisting a goal.

Zoo

That’s brilliant really. Immaculate touch, out of his feet and killer strike

Tony247

Wow. James still got it. i was totally wrong about him. And they signed him on free!