Premier League Gameweek 2

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Don't understand why Wolves intend on playing one half per game. Seems that trend is going to continue into this season. They have to look into that midfield. Playing Neves and Moutinho in the same side just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Pep has to make adjustments to how his team defends if he intends on winning the CL during his time at City. Giving away such big chances because you want to rewrite the book on defending doesn't make sense. You can get away with that stuff against mediocre sides but better sides on the ball will figure it out.

I don't bother watching Wolves for full 90 mins. My advice to anyone watching Wolves for the first time is skip the 1st half and tune in for the second if it's still 0-0. Save yourself a whole lot of boredom. It's no surprise when I tuned in for the last 10 mind Wolves pulled one back trying to finish strong.

ti vu

Liverpool were leaky goals left right and centre until they signed VVD and Allison and Pep continues to spend crazy amounts on his defence, only to end up with a back two of Stones and Ake tonight.

Ole has made expensive signings (defensive ones) and we have seen an improvement to our defence. That's all he can do. As I pointed out earlier, we had the third-best defensive record in the league. Now he wants to improve the attack, but it seems our board aren't allowing him to do so.
We're going into circle.

City Liverpool both leaked goal initially. Their gameplan even in unideal situation used attack to cover for their defensive shortcoming. They stepped into A game from the get go.

I will be blunt here. Thinking Ole's gonna build an attacking team after all this time is like hoping to build a house from roof downward.

Walters_19_MuFc

We're going into circle.

City Liverpool both leaked goal initially. Their gameplan even in unideal situation used attack to cover for their defensive shortcoming. They stepped into A game from the get go.

I will be blunt here. Thinking Ole's gonna build an attacking team after all this time is like hoping to build a house from roof downward.
Clearly not true, but as you said, we're going in circles.

As a United fan, I want to see us back at the top where we belong. If Ole isn't the person to do it, then so be it. We've had so-called better managers who have failed.

Ludens the Red

I don't bother watching Wolves for full 90 mins. My advice to anyone watching Wolves for the first time is skip the 1st half and tune in for the second if it's still 0-0. Save yourself a whole lot of boredom. It's no surprise when I tuned in for the last 10 mind Wolves pulled one back trying to finish strong.
Haha so true.

RooneyLegend

Am I the only one concerned with the state of defending in world football? What's up with this high line that refuses to go backwards regardless if the opposition have the ball in space or not. It's suicidal but seems to be the trend. Sure, Bayern won the CL doing that sort of thing but they didn't win it on the back of their defending.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Am I the only one concerned with the state of defending in world football? What's up with this high line that refuses to go backwards regardless if the opposition have the ball in space or not. It's suicidal but seems to be the trend. Sure, Bayern won the CL doing that sort of thing but they didn't win it on the back of their defending.
I think the football world has learned the best form of defence is to go 52-0 up. Football is becoming more and more non-contact so defending like Italians in the 80's is getting punished more and more. While playing a high line leads to the odd calamity, in general its safer than sitting in your own box especially now people can just kick the ball at your arm or run into your leg. Its becoming harder and harder to play defensive football.

Can't give away a penalty if you are standing at the half way line (unless you are Otamendi).

RashyForPM

Just to end the thread, there were 44 goals scored across this gameweek, one of the most or maybe even the most goals ever scored across a PL gameweek. Been an extremely fun one, despite our result.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just to end the thread, there were 44 goals scored across this gameweek, one of the most or maybe even the most goals ever scored across a PL gameweek. Been an extremely fun one, despite our result.
Tuned out after we lost tbh. Sadly if I'm not enjoying watching us, my interest in the rest goes down.

RooneyLegend

I think the football world has learned the best form of defence is to go 52-0 up. Football is becoming more and more non-contact so defending like Italians in the 80's is getting punished more and more. While playing a high line leads to the odd calamity, in general its safer than sitting in your own box especially now people can just kick the ball at your arm or run into your leg. Its becoming harder and harder to play defensive football.

Can't give away a penalty if you are standing at the half way line (unless you are Otamendi).
Playing a high line is one thing, but holding a high line regardless of circumstances is crazy football.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
There are other examples. Look no further than Atalanta. It can be done with less than WC players, if the coach is competent enough. End of the day, a game is won by the higher scoring team.