Premier League Gameweek 2

padr81

Supports
Man City
Jesus, we gotta get Mendy off, he's getting torn asunder and on a yellow. Wolves should be back in the game. Ake to LB and Otamendi to CB

Fooza

OK. Ole did great, but until he wins something people will always have doubts. If he can get us winning trophies nobody will doubt him.
Even with my skepticism for Ole. He doesn't need to win trophies for me to rate him, but he has to close the gap on Liverpool and City with a well drilled/good coached team. He seems to just rely too much on individualism to get him through games. If he can do close that gap, I'll have zero doubts that his the manager to take us forward and to eventually win trophies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Neves, Podence and Jimenez being utter guff against City. You know against us they'd of buried all three and added a screamer from 30yds for good measure.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They didn't run their team into the ground last season like a certain 13 man squad I know of. It might be that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course it is :lol:
Strange, as I could have sworn they just had three weeks off?!

el3mel

Again, kindly point out where I'm being delusional. At least we know the Caf trend for the next coming months anyway. Too many sheep on here, unfortunately.
I didn't say you're delusional but anyone who think they're not better coached than us is. If you don't think otherwise then ok you're not among those, even though you seem to dislike the idea that this being said :

The new trend on here seems to be saying how well coached other teams are than us. Everyone seems to be saying the same fecking thing. Whether people believe its true or not, some people on here are like a dog with a bone.
You also think that when people say better coached means only attackig pattern, and mentioned our 3 wins against them :

Yep. We beat City 3 out of 4 times last season. People seem to think well coached is attacking patterns. As I said, dogs with a bone....
My points :

a) They're not just well coached on the final third but they're better than us across the whole field from defense to up top. Their defense, midfield and attack are all better coached than us, and they even play more open style game and play higher on the field for the majority of season than us, but concede less or nearly similar amount of goals.

b) One of those wins you keep talking were in League cup tie in which we lost the first leg 3-1 on our own turf, so this second game was basically pointless for City. The other 2 were in the league when they finished ahead of us by 15 points in their worst season through the last 3 years. Winning a one off game isn't the way you should evaluate which team is better. As I said up top, Liverpool defeated us home and way in 2009 when we won the league, including 4-1 on Old Trafford and we were mocking them.

c) No one is not giving Ole credit for the end of last season but it doesn't change anything from the obvious fact that City and Liverpool are much better coached than us and their managers are better. Not sure how can saying this annoy anyone, really.

Walters_19_MuFc

Nullifying is a big word to use. City had their chances to even out, or go on to kick our ass. They failed to do so like that first leg spanking in the League Cup is their problem last season, their worst in the last 3.

And no, it's not about final third. City and Liverpool gameplan is not only about just attacking pattern but the use of the ball when in possession and collective pressing to recover possession as defensive mechanism. Their defensive record spoke for itself. We had none of that, after the hype about moving away from Mourinho, just to settle back with smiling defensive counter attacking tactic.
We conceded one more than City (35) and three more than Liverpool (33) last season.

The Palace game is still obviously vivid in our minds, but the improvement is clear to see from our time under Jose.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
City looking much more tired this 2nd half. Seems they peaked early!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I didn't say you're delusional but anyone who think they're not better coached than us is. If you don't think otherwise then ok you're not among those, even though you seem to dislike the idea that this being said :

You also think that when people say better coached means only attackig pattern, and mentioned our 3 wins against them :

My points :

a) They're not just well coached on the final third but they're better than us across the whole field from defense to up top. Their defense, midfield and attack are all better coached than us, and they even play more open style game and play higher on the field for the majority of season than us, but concede less or nearly similar amount of goals.

b) One of those wins you keep talking were in League cup tie in which we lost the first leg 3-1 on our own turf, so this second game was basically pointless for City. The other 2 were in the league when they finished ahead of us by 15 points in their worst season through the last 3 years. Winning a one off game isn't the way you should evaluate which team is better. As I said up top, Liverpool defeated us home and way in 2009 when we won the league, including 4-1 on Old Trafford and we were mocking them.

c) No one is not giving Ole credit for the end of last season but it doesn't change anything from the obvious fact that City and Liverpool are much better coached than us and their managers are better. Not sure how can this annoy anyone, really.
Also City have much better players than us across the pitch and b) Wolves did the double over them last season too. Not really a huge feather in our cap...

Walters_19_MuFc

OK. Ole did great, but until he wins something people will always have doubts. If he can get us winning trophies nobody will doubt him.
Of course, but the key thing is to show improvement, and Ole has shown that since his time at United. Obviously, the loss against Palace is a bit of a back step, but it is what it is now. We just need to make sure we step it up next game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Of course, but the key thing is to show improvement, and Ole has shown that since his time at United. Obviously, the loss against Palace is a bit of a back step, but it is what it is now. We just need to make sure we step it up next game.
Most definitely. We do not want to be up to nine points behind some teams. It is pressure right from the get go.

ti vu

We conceded one more than City (35) and three more than Liverpool (33) last season.

The Palace game is still obviously vivid in our minds, but the improvement is clear to see from our time under Jose.
The point is they can both putting number on the other end while maintain that good defensive record! Their defensive record was better the previous season.

You're comparing to Jose worse defensive record. Turn back the clock, and we're better off in defensively and point tally wise too. So seem like we're moving Mourinho lite rather than doing some revolution in style.

Walters_19_MuFc

My points :

c) No one is not giving Ole credit for the end of last season but it doesn't change anything from the obvious fact that City and Liverpool are much better coached than us and their managers are better. Not sure how can saying this annoy anyone, really.
I personally think you're taking my quote too literal. All I said was that the coaching nonsense seems to be the new trend on the Caf, which is true. Apparently every team is better coached than the team who came third last season. Can't say I'm surprised, though.