Premier League Gameweek 20 (26th - 28th December 2017) - Boxing Day

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Letting the two star men both run their contracts down together is incredible, but you know that. I still wonder if you might find enough money to keep Ozil, as he strikes me as a guy who might not fancy the pressure of having to make a huge impact at us or in Spain again. Sanchez, everyone knows where he's going!
How you go forward in the summer, with Wenger presumably still around for at least one more year, but potentially without both star men has to be a worry. How much it'll cost to replace those two anywhere near the same level!
Very correct. I would not be surprised if Wenger calls it quits this season, I hope he does.

We have a squad which is now ageing and which is poor to start with. The only young player in Bellerin will leave as well sometime, let's be honest. Our keepers are not good enough, our defense is poor. We don't have anyone of note in midfield, Wilshere is good but is he good enough to be a KDB type influence? Not even close. Are players like Laccazette good enough for a title challenge? No, they are barely good enough for a top 4 challenge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very correct. I would not be surprised if Wenger calls it quits this season, I hope he does.

We have a squad which is now ageing and which is poor to start with. The only young player in Bellerin will leave as well sometime, let's be honest. Our keepers are not good enough, our defense is poor. We don't have anyone of note in midfield, Wilshere is good but is he good enough to be a KDB type influence? Not even close. Are players like Laccazette good enough for a title challenge? No, they are barely good enough for a top 4 challenge.
It doesn't seem that long ago Arsenal fans were getting pretty excited about signing Cech, thinking he was the missing piece!

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
I feel this could be "a pass it around like Brazil, finish like Stoke and concede like idiots episode."

An early second half goal would calm the nerves.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
It doesn't seem that long ago Arsenal fans were getting pretty excited about signing Cech, thinking he was the missing piece!
To be honest I thought too, as you know we have lacked a proper keeper. I was watching old Arsenal clips (yes I am a sad bastard :lol:) and I can't believe for years he used Almunia :wenger:

Sadly for us, Cech is way past his date. I don't think he was the same after the head injury. An iffy keeper and even a poor defence and you have our stats, i.e. the poorest defensive this calendar year.

RooneyLegend

To be honest I thought too, as you know we have lacked a proper keeper. I was watching old Arsenal clips (yes I am a sad bastard :lol:) and I can't believe for years he used Almunia :wenger:

Sadly for us, Cech is way past his date. I don't think he was the same after the head injury. An iffy keeper and even a poor defence and you have our stats, i.e. the poorest defensive this calendar year.
In the quest for your club to return to its former glory, would you be for a change in philosophy I.e hiring a Simeone or would you be thinking hiring a better version of Wenger I.e a Sarri?

AshRK

Yes we aren't. I thought that much was obvious from a decade of mediocrity.
I think you may be one change of manager away from again becoming the best club in london. Anyways I always feel Arsenal are a top club and consider you guys as more of a rivals than City. Maybe now I have to change my opinion.

R'hllor

What a stupid decision by Zaha, pulling back with a floor pass instead of crossing

Barnslig

Zaha back for a 2nd stint at the RW for us? Or has he found his "big fish in a small pond" club?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Typical Arsenal away game. Could have been 0:3 and now it's 1:1 with their first shot on goal and now we will probably lose it.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
In the quest for your club to return to its former glory, would you be for a change in philosophy I.e hiring a Simeone or would you be thinking hiring a better version of Wenger I.e a Sarri?
Unless they overhaul the squad with big money Sarri is a good option. The squad they've built and moulded is primarily for attacking passing football. Mourinho/Conte have done well at Chelsea in recent years because the philosophy of the club's playing style had been shaped already in the formers first
spell at the club. Buying a certain type of player and playing a certain way has bought them big success.

Arsenal are just in limbo not improving because nobody really at the club knows what they want. There's no planning.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Zaha really has grown into an excellent winger. He's by far the most dangerous player for this Palace squad.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
To be honest right now I'd take even Big Sam if he can get us to being a top club again :lol: That's the thing as well. We don't play nice football anymore, its just sideways nonsense. Compare City's football to ours, ours generally looks rubbish most of the time. Today its looking good but its not the norm.
Err it doesn't see like that..
I think you may be one change of manager away from again becoming the best club in london. Anyways I always feel Arsenal are a top club and consider you guys as more of a rivals than City. Maybe now I have to change my opinion.
I mean I was referring to Jose's excuses too re: money thing. Its also the fact City are having an insane season, you cannot simply win every game. Any other season and United would be in the title hunt. Saying that however he hasn't got a right to complain about money, he abused the riches at Chelsea first time and spent over £280 million, and that was in the noughties, never mind now. But I don't think even he truly believes the money thing, I think its just frustration. Because no matter how well United play its not possible to match 19 wins out of 20. He can hardly admit and say ''oh well they are just doing too good so let them have this season'' :smirk:

Also guys my ten posts for a day are up. So let's see how we do in this game. We are bottling it it seems, what a surprise (not) :D

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Am I the only one confusing Wilshere with Rooney? They look a lot alike.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Commentator just said it's Zaha's first assist of the season, surely that can't be right?