Premier League Gameweek 21

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I know pep is a great coach, but in the end it's all about getting those special players to get you the final touch of a winning team.
Galactico Bobb?
Yeah jokes aside, having KdB makes every manager look good.

BarstoolProphet

Who the feck is Bobb? :eek:
Been known to the Norwegian public since he was ridiculously hyped (camerateam following him around, daily clips shown on sports news etc.) during the world's largest (or second largest) youth tournament in the world ten years (!) ago.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Been known to the Norwegian public since he was ridiculously hyped (camerateam following him around, daily clips shown on sports news etc.) during the world's largest (or second largest) youth tournament in the world ten years (!) ago.
The feck, he was 10 at most back then?

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's not kidding Bobb was linked with top clubs as far back as 2013 Porto were sniffing around. I believe Porto even moved himself and his mother to Portugal but there was a paperwork issue, so he stuck around Norway till City picked him up in 2019.

darko

Yup. Not brought up in the broadcast but he needs to stay on his feet. Too many defenders go to ground but if you don't deal with the ball you're nowhere. If he stayed on his feet he would have maintained body position and coulc gave kept Boob from cutting inside. Still, an outstanding pass and finish.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He's not kidding Bobb was linked with top clubs as far back as 2013 Porto were sniffing around. I believe Porto even moved himself and his mother to Portugal but there was a paperwork issue, so he stuck around Norway till City picked him up in 2019.
Another Ödegaard situation?
Our media go slightly over the top every once in a while.
Sounds like it :D

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I know pep is a great coach, but in the end it's all about getting those special players to get you the final touch of a winning team.
It's always about the players more than the manager. And we've managed to get it horrifically wrong for the last 10 years.

There's very few City players we couldn't have bought ourselves.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Another Ödegaard situation?

Sounds like it :D
Similar for sure, he was well known when City signed him, most City fans were delighted albeit purely based on hype as most of us (myself included) had never saw much of him bar a few highlights. Was always viewed as Foden/Palmer potential even with a slow start at City's youth team.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
You are a "half glass empty" person I see.
ha ha..I'm still optimistic we will come good but the manager needs to stop being so stubborn or needs a chat with the players to find out what is wrong.

BarstoolProphet

11, yeah. Just google "Oscar Bobb - Norway Cup". Remember finding it ridiculous, also felt like a bit like the Rhain Davis situation. Difference between him and Ødegaard is that we barely heard anything about him since he signed for City age 15 until his breakthrough this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Was that final decided by a coin toss?
Yeah they used to have coin tosses for drawn knockout matches. This is the biggest football tournament in the world so I think it was mainly because of logistical and time constraints but also not wanting to expose kids too shootouts. A few years before this my team (13 year olds) were brutally knocked out in the semis by an all-star team from Rio on a coin toss. Just a remarkably shit way to get eliminated. I'd rather miss the decisive pen and my teammates hate me forever.

I think they've changed it to shootouts now.

always_hoping

Have just got around to watching the highlights of the Newcastle v Man City match. Usually in 5 goal games like that you would get a few lucky or scrappy goals but it was top level finishing for all 5 goals.

Wing Attack Plan R

Yeah they used to have coin tosses for drawn knockout matches. This is the biggest football tournament in the world so I think it was mainly because of logistical and time constraints but also not wanting to expose kids too shootouts. A few years before this my team (13 year olds) were brutally knocked out in the semis by an all-star team from Rio on a coin toss. Just a remarkably shit way to get eliminated. I'd rather miss the decisive pen and my teammates hate me forever.

I think they've changed it to shootouts now.
yeah, it seems worse than anticlimactic to do a coin toss, and pen shootouts are brutal. It would be better (?) maybe if they just said you're joint winners, instead of going coin toss. Or they drop 3 players and go 8 v 8 for 20 minutes. That would be better. I heard them call "golden goal" which is also a bad way to finish a tournament, in my opinion.

JuriM

Only in MU fans heads.
Nah, KDB has said it himself that he admires Bruno's style to find the space for wingers/forwards. And he needs to work on that part of his play. KDB is better that tight spaces and close control.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If Spurs are missing 6/7 first team players and Ten Hag doesn’t park the bus again, Man Utd should win this comfortably.

If he sits deep though it’ll play right into Spurs hands and they’ll overload the attack.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Spurs are missing 6/7 first team players and Ten Hag doesn’t park the bus again, Man Utd should win this comfortably.

If he sits deep though it’ll play right into Spurs hands and they’ll overload the attack.
You'd like to think so but this is Man United we're talking about, quite literally anything could happen. Hoping to see Mainoo and Garnacho starting again.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder who gets more facetime at the game, Taylor Swift last night or Ratcliffe today.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Such an obvious call - hes wrestled to the ground to stop the offside trap. It's not rocket science.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How that took 3+ minutes I don’t know, it was pretty clear in real time