Premier League Gameweek 21

Ahmer Baig

Just imagine Glazers coming hard on officials after poor decision by them against man Utd.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs midfield 3 of Sarr, Bissouma and Maddison is excellent.

Hojbjerg and Skipp are dreadful replacements though.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I didn't see the first half but has Wan-Bissaka played all match at LB? I just saw him marauding up the left wing and he's covering the left flank in defense this half.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs have been the better team here. Still have a feeling there’s a United goal coming though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Palace always have 3 or 4 players in their First XI that are past their sell by date.

Ole'sattheWheel

If that was us you just know it’d be chalked off and made into a meme on twitter.

“Maguire really thought he did something “

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
One of my pet peeves with VAR right there. The linesman is likely 99% sure that Jesus is offside, but keeps the flag down for the play. A Palace defender makes the interception and concedes the corner for what originally should've been an offside against Jesus in the first place.

space

That goal would have been disallowed if it was Man Utd I am sure of it

lex talionis

That could have been called a foul against the keeper. Close, but we’ve seen them given as fouls before.

Jericho

It's legal to deliberately obstruct the keeper like that?

ManUArfa

If you're in possession of the ball you're entitled to shield it but if you haven't got the ball, and you're attempting to block the keeper's access to the potential path of the ball coming in, is that not an obstruction?

lex talionis

If you're in possession of the ball you're entitled to shield it but if you haven't got the ball, and you're attempting to block the keeper's access to the potential path of the ball coming in, is that not an obstruction?
It is, but the referee has the discretion to determine whether a player is fairly holding his ground in anticipation of a ball that may be played to him or unfairly obstructing the keeper. In this case it was clearly the latter, but the referee didn’t see it that way.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Looked blatant obstruction against the keeper without any attempt to make a play at/towards the ball. Thought I saw White take a step or two backwards with the ball in play further obstructing but what do I know.

ManUArfa

It is, but the referee has the discretion to determine whether a player is fairly holding his ground in anticipation of a ball that may be played to him or unfairly obstructing the keeper. In this case it was clearly the latter, but the referee didn’t see it that way.
Also wasn't the blocker in an offside position, in which case....

"Offside offence

interfering with an opponent by

: preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball or clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or..."

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What’s with this half assed winter break anyway? There’s been like 4 games for 2 weeks running now. Either have a proper break or put some decent games on at least.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Both of those could have been disallowed on another day. He's climbing all over the defender in the first one.
Agreed, but more the keeper and defender being weak. Townsend is such an Arsenal shill, going on about Saka being 'bundled to the ground' when he took a dive.