Premier League Gameweek 22

slored1

Every time I watch Chelsea under Potter they have looked below par. His Brighton sides were way better to watch, even in this season. An example of what no consistency in team structure and a scatter gun approach does to an otherwise shrewd manager.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People have short memories here. When Silva got sacked we had lost 9 of the first 15 games and were in 18th place after spending 100m in the summer. I doubt any of you would have said it was unwarranted to sack him in that position. It's easy to say in hindsight he shouldn't have been but we were playing crap. It's when Ancelotti left/Benitez joined that it really fell apart for us.

Vapor trail

Every time I watch Chelsea under Potter they have looked below par. His Brighton sides were way better to watch, even in this season. An example of what no consistency in team structure and a scatter gun approach does to an otherwise shrewd manager.
They lack intensity. Fans seem to think it's something you can buy it takes time, togetherness and a certain mentality.

Even PSG for me in Europe lack intensity. It's what Liverpool / City have had over the last few seasons and it's what's kept Arsenal top throughout most of their fixtures.

Yeah, agree. I think a weakness of his was not being able to organise a team in a defensive sense, but he's certainly improved in that department. I've always liked him.
Yeah that’s what I remember too, they weren’t good defensively but I think given more time and he would have got it right

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
People have short memories here. When Silva got sacked we had lost 9 of the first 15 games and were in 18th place after spending 100m in the summer. I doubt any of you would have said it was unwarranted to sack him in that position. It's easy to say in hindsight he shouldn't have been but we were playing crap. It's when Ancelotti left/Benitez joined that it really fell apart for us.
It's not always about Everton, SW. Gosh!

Samoerai Jack

Unsurprisingly Chelsea is suffering from a lack of cohesion. The players are perpetually caught off guard by the moves of their team mates. It's hard to see what players will eventually fit in, though Mudryk seemed completely out of place while Madueke was remarkably positive. The return of James and Chilwell is a major boost for them whatever the case.

Fulham looks a well drilled side, with a bunch of strong characters. For most of the game they looked the most likely to score. Not a whole lot of genuine quality though outside of Palhinha.

saik

I'm convinced Chelsea will improve when they drop Havertz. Slight pull of the hand on him before passage of play where Sterling was fouled and he gave up.

It was not even that strong of a pull where the Fulham defender was holding him back.

CallyRed

Think Potter will shake his players hands after the game just to introduce himself to them.

Mr. Robot

We haven't got short memories. But we do remember some of your fans praising Frank like he was the second coming of Rinus Michels whilst never giving the likes of Silva/Koeman/etc a chance.

Everton are in a mess because of bad management and the wrong choices in the sporting dept, very similar to United actually.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm convinced Chelsea will improve when they drop Havertz. Slight pull of the hand on him before passage of play where Sterling was fouled and he gave up.

It was not even that strong of a pull where the Fulham defender was holding him back.
Agreed, Havertz just looks really shite nowadays. He looks like he's fallen out of love with football, if he ever had any.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham are simply one of the best coached teams in premier league.

Everytime I watch them their pressing is simply outstanding. It's no fluke at all they are comfortable top half.

Actually surprised they didn't put Dan James on with a couple of the breaks they had last 20 minutes.

Did I hear it right Badiashile isn't in Chelsea's CL squad? Surprised with that as I'd say he looks the best of Chelsea's Jan signings so far.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
That is absolutely dreadful.

Mount, Gallagher, Ziyech and Havertz could have stepped up and proved their worth with the recent signing and they were still dreadful.

drdoityourself

I just never seem to watch a good performance by Mason Mount. What is he meant to be good at?

mu4c_20le

Chelsea have done well to earn a draw here at Stamford Bridge.

I think they will stay up.

Lecland07

Doesn't matter who Chelsea sign if they still need to play Havertz. Awful player.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We haven't got short memories. But we do remember some of your fans praising Frank like he was the second coming of Rinus Michels whilst never giving the likes of Silva/Koeman/etc a chance.

Everton are in a mess because of bad management and the wrong choices in the sporting dept, very similar to United actually.
He had a chance. He lost 9 out of 15 and we brought in a better manager in Ancelotti.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Well that was a pricey waste of time. Good on Fulham though, having a great season with a very modest squad