Premier League Gameweek 23-24

Ban

I said 'top' teams. None of those players left to worse teams. It's just weird Madrid aren't 'obssessed' with your current players is all.

Again we lost Ronaldo when we were objectively better than Madrid. You losing Owen et all is like Everton losing Rooney to us, ie: to a better team.
Even if Madrid obsessed they would cost a fortune. Unfortunately I think we would probably see someone like Mbappe coming there rather then them going to Madrid.

MichaelB1807

VAR has been a big reason before. Although they have a mental ability to play well in the end to get the winning goal.
VAR has been going 6 months. This streak goes much further than that. VAR excuses are pathetic, especially when you see the data. If a VAR is a right decision it isn't a lucky decision, it is exactly what it was introduced for.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Even if Madrid obsessed they would cost a fortune. Unfortunately I think we would probably see someone like Mbappe coming there rather then them going to Madrid.
Mbappe to liverpool? Not a chance, the wages he would be on would have most that team knocking on the owners door asking for big pay raises, sorry if you meant to madrid which is where I think he will end up

Ban

Mbappe to liverpool? Not a chance, the wages he would be on would have most that team knocking on the owners door asking for big pay raises, sorry if you meant to madrid which is where I think he will end up
No, Liverpool and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
VAR has been going 6 months. This streak goes much further than that. VAR excuses are pathetic, especially when you see the data. If a VAR is a right decision it isn't a lucky decision, it is exactly what it was introduced for.
VAR is shite.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Wolves deserved something out of this game for sure, they caused us more trouble than any team before this season. I hope they do well in the remaining games, If there was a game I'd choose us to lose points in - it would be this.

Mane with hamstring issue is a huge worry. Sunday will be time for kids again.
Shaq and Keita are not there when we need them, again...

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
I said 'top' teams. None of those players left to worse teams. It's just weird Madrid aren't 'obssessed' with your current players is all.

Again we lost Ronaldo when we were objectively better than Madrid. You losing Owen et all is like Everton losing Rooney to us, ie: to a better team.
We lost Alonso the same time you lost Ronaldo to Madrid, ie when we were objectively a better team
As to why we haven’t lost Mane and Salah, I guess it’s a mix of they aren’t sexy enough and they’re not interested (Salah might be, Mane I think is less interested).

Madrid also had a clearly huge rebuild in 2009 - I think the players who went there knew they were looking to bring in Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso etc.
Madrid haven’t really spent like that since apart from the odd huge buy - but not in a huge rebuild I don’t think.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Wolves are a brilliantly coached team.

Nuno is the guy you should have given two years to develop a young side, rather than solskjaer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We lost Alonso the same time you lost Ronaldo to Madrid, ie when we were objectively a better team
As to why we haven’t lost Mane and Salah, I guess it’s a mix of they aren’t sexy enough and they’re not interested (Salah might be, Mane I think is less interested).

Madrid also had a clearly huge rebuild in 2009 - I think the players who went there knew they were looking to bring in Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso etc.
Madrid haven’t really spent like that since apart from the odd huge buy - but not in a huge rebuild I don’t think.
It's about timing i think. If Mbappé wasn't around we likely would have made a monster offer for either Mane or Momo by now

In fact, we were reportedly trying to sign Mane in '18 before Zidane quit and then liverpool's asking price scared us off. We already had the deal done with Mane himself!

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely a deserved win. People talk about sitters missed against us, and not the many sitters and clear opportunities we waste.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Boost for them having fabianski back , left hand side will be hit or miss for us

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Liverpool u23s are playing wolves in the international cup so klopp has to play the senior team against West Ham
Play the U-18 then or the reserves for the U23. There are always solutions. Then let Lovren guide them as captain.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Typical Fabianski's back in time for them I was hoping for one of their clown keepers they've got, but at least Antonio is out he always comes out crawling out of his cave to play against us. I think we'll struggle here tonight without Mane to be honest, we lose that dynamic up front if Origi is playing out wide and Salah has one of his underperforming away days again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Typical Fabianski's back in time for them I was hoping for one of their clown keepers they've got,
Fun fact, they don't have clown goalkeepers, they're just so defensively inept that unless their goalkeeper is superman they're bound to concede goals for fun

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Garbage so far. West Ham are terrible but we've got no urgency.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Also Lallana can count himself very unlucky to not have played more ahead of ox recently.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Ox went down that would have been a red card for the defender