Premier League Gameweek 23

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not sure Ederson really needs to jump into the striker. Why doesn't he just stand there and block the ball?

For that reason I can see why it was given. Keepers are let off with contact far too often.

Siorac

I don't really understand this City formation and what they're hoping to achieve with it. What's the gameplan here?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep needs to make changes, or else we're gonna get a man sent off. Bernardo has no idea what he's doing and is just tripping Saka repeatedly.
Shocking pen but a fair scoreline given Arsenal were the better team but we had probably 2 of the 3 best chances.

Real Name

It is yet more evidence that Ten Hag could do with fighting our corner more in regards to decisions. It clearly works when others do it and we just end up getting shafted most weeks.
He did complain about consistency regarding Casemiro red.

Amarsdd

No point asking for decisions from VAR for City today. No way they are getting even a 50-50 decision.

CM

I don't want to hear Arteta whinging ever again after that penalty decision

AndyMUFC

I mean I'd take this result but that penalty was very soft. Arsenal been the better side however. City have been poor again though overall and just took advantage of a mistake for the goal, 100% not the same side.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Refs getting influenced by managers moaning shows how unfit they are for the job.
Fans accusing refs of being influenced by managers moaning, and then using those accusations as proof that refs are unfit for the job, you mean.

Fts 74

What is wrong with City shadow of the team of last season.Mind you Pep being his usual too clever self playing Silva at left back!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
There’s something about Arsenal that I can’t stand. My friends who are Arsenal fans have made me hate them with some of the things they say.

I don’t think it was a penalty and I think Arsenal don’t deserve to be level. At the same time, you got a manager in Pep who is just a mystery with his tactics. Playing one of the best attacking midfielders in the league at left back is just borderline insanity. Against an in form Saka is a sackable offence.

Fahad Jawaid

But it shouldn't be like that. The referees should be applying the rules correctly - not because someone moaned at them. It's a farce.
Agreed but that's the standard of refereeing we are dealing with. The Penalty Appeal for Bruno was the same as this one and again the Mctominay one was stonewall, but just because we did not moan we did not get them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dodgy penalty but Arsenal well worth the 1-1.

Neither Man. City FB is lasting this game, the hell is Walker doing just walking onto the pitch and booting it away when he hadn't got permission :lol: ?!

Would push Bernardo back into midfield area and move Ake to LB.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
These exactly the kind of situations why the indirect free kick in the box should be brought back

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Bruno incident vs Arsenal for those like me who forgot.

Don't think either Bruno's or today's one should be a penalty
Agreed, to me neither are pens. Bruno is a dive, a yellow and a fine though :angel:

Withnail

It's never given on the defenders though or am I making that up? How many times so you see a striker take a shot and get cleaned out after and no pen?
Yeah I've never really understood that logic. If your shot is blocked or rebounds you can still affect the game if you're not on the deck. It seems like the defender gets a free one because the attacker managed to get the shot away.

Worse was that recent enough Ronaldo one. He got the shot away whilst being fouled when the foul meant the shot was wayward and it was deemed ok which was a joke.

FerociousCorgis

pen or no pen absolutely no reason for ederson to rush over. Hes getting the ball damn near by the endline. What is the danger? Nothing.

Anustart89

It's funny because Nketiah's appealing for the goal and goes to celebrate as Taylor finds the pen :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, I think the ref does apply the rules correctly here, if somebody wants to check

arnie_ni

Yeah I've never really understood that logic. If your shot is blocked or rebounds you can still affect the game if you're not on the deck. It seems like the defender gets a free one because the attacker managed to get the shot away.

Worse was that recent enough Ronaldo one. He got the shot away whilst being fouled when the foul meant the shot was wayward and it was deemed ok which was a joke.
Was that the Newcastle game? I don't think I disagree with you, they just are never ever given so it's maddening

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can when you can probably pick out a similar instance on a weekly basis not given. Bruno against ares springs to mind
Happened against us at the weekend to Somerville.

tjb

It's a penalty imo. Refs not making this decision before has been the error.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ederson is like the anti-De Gea. Man need to learn to stay on his line sometimes.