Premier League Gameweek 24 (20th - 22nd Jan 2018)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Do you honestly think Dele Alli is as good as Pogba?
What I've said is that Alli has shown at least as much potential as did Pogba by the same age (21).

I believe that Pogba has a lot more to do before he deserves the "world class" tag attached to him by some United fans. And for the record, the same goes for Alli.

TheReligion

Abusive
What I've said is that Alli has shown at least as much potential as did Pogba by the same age (21).

I believe that Pogba has a lot more to do before he deserves the "world class" tag attached to him by some United fans. And for the record, the same goes for Alli.
Answer the question

OverratedOpinion

His accomplishments are probably more quantifiable due to his goalscoring, that is one of the issues in comparing players who play in different positions. I'd just assume even the most ardent Spurs fans it is night and day when you see the differing levels in technical ability. It is much like comparing Tim Cahill to Christian Eriksen.

World class is a phrase that doesn't really mean anything. Pogba would be one of the better players in any team on the planet.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pogba 14/15 is a better season than anything Alli has produced. Never mind 15/16 where he was even better.

In fact the only 'bad' season Pogba had was last season and even then he was instrumental to the team.

Its quite obvious to outsiders that Eriksen and Kane are the most influential players going forward. Alli's game without goals is ordinary; which means he must put up numbers like a striker to justify his spot in the team.

If Alli put in this season's performances for City, United, or Chelsea he would be dropped, and the result would be he wouldn't be able to coast through games just for that one goal or assist to pad his stats.

OverratedOpinion

I actually rate a lot of the current Spurs team. Alderweireld when fit and on form is the best centre back in the league in my mind. Christian Eriksen is an excellent player and Kane is obviously brilliant. Good keeper too, I could keep going.

Dele Alli I just don't rate, I wish I did as an England fan. He isn't particularly good on the ball, not a great passer, inconsistent first touch. He has a good amount of belief in himself and good positioning which means he will probably always get goals but I wouldn't want him in my team. Of recent English talents Wilshire had a lot more about him.

Sandyman

:lol: Liverpool. This was a given after they beat City, right? What a start to the week. Sanchez finally announced, Liverpool drop points. Would it too much to ask the football gods for a Bristol City miracle?

Sandyman

If you are going go ask for miracles, let's start with City against West Brom and Burnley away :D
We can start sooner though. 2nd leg of the league cup semi-final is tomorrow. The less trophies they have a chance to win, the better. Then we move on to the FA Cup ties during the weekend. West Brom and Burnley are next week's problems. Really hope they slip up as we play Spurs next.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't believe I've ever been asked about Herrera in relation to Dembele and/or Wanyama. This is your big opportunity - so fire away.
To make you look clueless once again?

Anyways
:lol:

I have said many times your arguments are full of holes. Used crap site to prove Dembele was the best box to box midfielder when the said crap site was full of nonsense.

Use goals and assists stat to judge full back.

Use goals and assists stat to judge a player who played behind striker for most of the season to the midfielder who played part of midfield 3. Also the same goal assist stat is just nonsense as proved by Gibson, Xavi and Iniesta comparison.

Again you use goal and assists stat to prove Alli had better season as a 19 year old but then go on to say Dembele was the best box to box midfielder when his goal + assists output was behind Herrera. If I search for just 1 min I can find many more midfielders who scored more goals and made more assists then Dembele. So by your logic Dembele wasn't even in top 10 midfielders in the league.

GM K

Split with my wife earlier today.

Needed that. Nice one Swansea.
So sorry mate.

Hang in there. Stay strong. And if you truly love her, don't give up on that relationship. Things have a way of turning around if we keep faith.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: VVD celebrating there. It's not as if it's 100% goal scoring chance, many chances are saved from that position.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
If the results play out the same way as last season this is how the table would finish, I know that it won't but it is interesting to see the improvement we've made.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba made the UEFA team of the year aged 22.

Dele Alli I just don't rate, I wish I did as an England fan.
I'm usually biased towards England players but like you I just can't rate Alli that highly. He just has too many negatives as a footballer to go with his positives. I really hope that he doesn't start for England at the Euros.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah @golden_blunder ye of little faith
So when people chose city they expected Liverpool to get beaten by Swansea? Realistically I think most of us expected Swansea to get hammered. That’s why I was saying city would not go the whole season unbeaten. Also people bleating but it’s still very close in top 4. Lot of points to play for yet

Ps. I am delighted that Swansea won! I’d be even more delighted if lfc got beaten every week

Nickosaur

If the results play out the same way as last season this is how the table would finish, I know that it won't but it is interesting to see the improvement we've made.
Hell of an improvement, how fecking unlucky that City have improved even more...

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
So when people chose city they expected Liverpool to get beaten by Swansea? Realistically I think most of us expected Swansea to get hammered. That’s why I was saying city would not go the whole season unbeaten. Also people bleating but it’s still very close in top 4. Lot of points to play for yet

Ps. I am delighted that Swansea won! I’d be even more delighted if lfc got beaten every week
Nah but, well for me anyway, I was sure Liverpool would have a post Coutinho hangover and unexpectedly drop points somewhere.