g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 24+25

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why the hell is Bowen trying to chest that in? He can literally slightly bring his head down 1cm and nod in!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Noticed Lewis Bate played 70 mins today. How did he fare? Might need to add Leeds to my frequently watched teams if Bielsa is going to use him more moving forward.

Deery

Dreary
Noticed Lewis Bate played 70 mins today. How did he fare? Might need to add Leeds to my frequently watched teams if Bielsa is going to use him more moving forward.
He got subbed on then subbed off and didn’t look to happy about it, but I didn’t notice him having a bad game or anything he looked okay.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He got subbed on then subbed off and didn’t look to happy about it, but I didn’t notice him having a bad game or anything he looked okay.
Oh no! Must have been a tactical change then. What a bummer.

mancsarered

Yes, the first club to postpone a game this season for not having enough first teamers... what a bunch of.... oh no wait...

I'd suggest you read the rules pal, U23s has nothing to do with it.
Give the young players a game. Look what Leeds were willing to do to play today. Don't hide from your rival, pal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz has been an unused sub the last 2 games. On the bench again tonight *sigh*

Deery

Dreary
Lukaku just going to be the difference isn’t he, I think football wise Brighton could match them but they’ve got zero attacking threat really..

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Same as Arsenal, getting rid of loads but claiming they don't have players.
How is the same thing out of interest? Burnley are 5 games behind.. we've missed one (news flash, same amount as most teams in the league).

Not to mention AMN was loaned before the Liverpool game (which we played). If Balogun stayed, we'd have still had to postpone the Spurs game number wise, so that made no difference either.

We've sold Kolasinac and loaned Mari out now, so if we can't play Liverpool, then I understand people throwing shade, but for now it looks like we will play Liverpool, so selling both has no impact.

What do people expect? Clubs to just not sell or loan any players in January? If that's the case, they should have just banned transfers full stop.

AMN, Balogun, Mari, Kolasinac. All players we haven't used all season really, and all players that would have left regardless of covid/injuries etc.

People forget to point out we've just recalled two young players from loan to put back in our squad to help counter the measures also. But, people just jump on the bandwagon without actually looking at the facts :P

Reactions: SilentWitness

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How is the same thing out of interest? Burnley are 5 games behind.. we've missed one (news flash, same amount as most teams in the league).

Not to mention AMN was loaned before the Liverpool game (which we played). If Balogun stayed, we'd have still had to postpone the Spurs game number wise, so that made no difference either.

We've sold Kolasinac and loaned Mari out now, so if we can't play Liverpool, then I understand people throwing shade, but for now it looks like we will play Liverpool, so selling both has no impact.

What do people expect? Clubs to just not sell or loan any players in January? If that's the case, they should have just banned transfers full stop.

AMN, Balogun, Mari, Kolasinac. All players we haven't used all season really, and all players that would have left regardless of covid/injuries etc.

People forget to point out we've just recalled two young players from loan to put back in our squad to help counter the measures also. But, people just jump on the bandwagon without actually looking at the facts :P
I think the argument of postponing a game falls down a bit when you're getting rid of players, yes.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Thank you.
I mean, does the fact that we've recalled Azeez to replace AMN, and John-Jules to replace Balogun in the squad not impact your view at all? (Guessing you weren't aware of that before).

Yes we've sold Kolasinac and Mari, but that's because we already have 4 fit CBs, and two fit LBs. So, regardless of covid or anything else, neither are required at the club currently.

This is still a transfer window. Clubs just can't not make transfers on the off chance they have an outbreak or a series of injuries as a knock on impact from covid..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I mean, does the fact that we've recalled Azeez to replace AMN, and John-Jules to replace Balogun in the squad not impact your view at all? (Guessing you weren't aware of that before).

Yes we've sold Kolasinac and Mari, but that's because we already have 4 fit CBs, and two fit LBs. So, regardless of covid or anything else, neither are required at the club currently.

This is still a transfer window. Clubs just can't not make transfers on the off chance they have an outbreak or a series of injuries as a knock on impact from covid..
The rules say nothing about positions aside from GKs, so you should have to play 6 CBs on the pitch if that's the case at a club because that would be in accordance with the rules. You could have not loaned out those two and you wouldn't have to recall the others. Yes, teams can make transfers but like other situations, you get into murky waters when you're postponing games.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
The rules say nothing about positions aside from GKs, so you should have to play 6 CBs on the pitch if that's the case at a club because that would be in accordance with the rules. You could have not loaned out those two and you wouldn't have to recall the others. Yes, teams can make transfers but like other situations, you get into murky waters when you're postponing games.
Ok, but then if you are going to stick to what the rules say rather than common sense (not a dig, i'm all for using common sense in these conditions because I don't agree with the rules anyway), then we've done nothing wrong? We've gone along with the rules completely. But.. we wanted to recall those two players and loan out the other two, for various reasons, which is well within our right to do.

I agree if the sample size was larger, and clubs were doing it tactically throughout the window then it is dodgy. But, nothing we did was dodgy. We just did the business we would have done regardless. AMN and Balogun were both touted for loans 2 months ago from the Athletic, so we weren't doing anything dodgy there. Mari and Kolasinac, again both touted to be sold.