Premier League Gameweek 24+25

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
it’s only the Italian league that offers full level corruption to be fair
No way. The Spanish and Portuguese are at least just as good at it

The PL is trying but they're still crap at it. Fecking about with labs and covid tests and shit. Also the refs are waay too incompetent to make it work

MalaysianRed7

I’ve never seen this much fawning over a rival team who just drew 1-1 against Southampton. I hadn’t signed up to the Caf when we did the exact same thing, but I remember the rightful furore as a lurker here, and on Twitter too.

City circa 2017-19 were ridiculous, and genuinely up there with our treble and 06-09 teams, and Mourinho’s first Chelsea team. I admit that while I didn’t enjoy them for obvious reasons, I envied their style of football. This team are good, but they’re nowhere near what they were.

Giggsy13

Thankfully when he goes there (and I think he will) Pep will be close to gone and I reckon losing Pep will impact them negatively more than Haaland's ability will benefit them. City and Liverpool's success hinges on Klopp and Pep IMO. No one ever considered Liverpool a well run club until Klopp went there and City weren't as dominant without Pep. There will soon be a huge vacuum in the League and hopefully with the guidance of Ralf in the upper levels, and a good manager in charge, we will be poised to fill that void.
I think Madrid are leading the race for Haaland and let’s hope so.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
No way. The Spanish and Portuguese are at least just as good at it

The PL is trying but they're still crap at it. Fecking about with labs and covid tests and shit. Also the refs are waay too incompetent to make it work
They are good at it, otherwise they would have never sold City to Abu Dhabi and Newcastle to Saudi Arabia, two cheeky deals.
It's more systemic than anything, so very it's hard to catch, unlike the typical southern corruption which is messy and chaotic.

Wilt

Want (unlikely) Spurs win ….if Chelsea lose it will open up 3rd place.

Wilt

Spurs have so many games in hand on us that a draw is the best result. I even think I prefer a Chelsea win over Spurs winning.
Way I see it, ‘realistically’ there are 3 clubs (Utd, Arse, Spurs) chasing 4th ….however If Chelsea lose, it’s 4 clubs chasing 2 places.

Spurs have games in hand, but they will still need to score points from them.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Any result has a positive for us. We can finish above one, the other or both. Extending Chelsea’s run of bad results is probably the preference, though. A defeat to Spurs and Tuchel must be getting pretty sackable for Abramovich.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
There are some changes I’d make to City personally but they’re an absolute it rly incredible team.

Grealish is not suited to City and would rather buy free kicks than play football. An actual striker instead of Gabriel Jesus and they’d be deadly. Imagine City with Lewandowski up front for example.

Pintu

Any result has a positive for us. We can finish above one, the other or both. Extending Chelsea’s run of bad results is probably the preference, though. A defeat to Spurs and Tuchel must be getting pretty sackable for Abramovich.
I wouldn’t count on that. Abramovich has matured.

The most likely scenario is that he will give Tuchel the time needed to build a consistent team.

cyberman

Definitely. I don't think people who think we can catch Chelsea have looked at their fixtures to the end of the season.
They have won 2 out of last 12. Doesn’t seem to matter so they’re playing? They aren’t played City 12 times in a row

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We want Chelsea to win. Spurs are the team we have the better squad than. I’d be confident of finishing above them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There are some changes I’d make to City personally but they’re an absolute it rly incredible team.

Grealish is not suited to City and would rather buy free kicks than play football. An actual striker instead of Gabriel Jesus and they’d be deadly. Imagine City with Lewandowski up front for example.
Its a tough one to call, what cost us yesterday vs Saints (and earlier in the season) is also what allows us to completely strangle teams offensively and dominate the ball. Yesterday lack of a goalscorer bit us (but it wouldn't have could Raheem actually kick a ball) but its what allowed us to do the double over you guys so comfortably. It's a dilemma for Pep.

Also agree on Grealish I do think he'll come good but he's adapting to our style very slowly and struggling to give up his more individualistic instincts.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Liverpool team news
Team to play Crystal Palace: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino, Jota
Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Morton, Konate, Williams, Miner, Minamino, Gordon

Crystal Palace team news
Team to play Liverpool: Guaita, Ward, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell, Gallagher, Hughes, Schlupp, Olise, Édouard, Mateta
Subs: Butland, Ayew, Clyne, Kelly, Ferguson, Riedewald, Eze, Milivojevic, Benteke

Burnley team news
Team to play Arsenal: Pope, Pieters, Tarkowski, Mee, Roberts, McNeil, Brownhill, Westwood, Lennon, Rodriguez, Vydra
Subs: Hennessey, Lowton, Cork, Gudmundsson, Stephens, Collins, Bardsley, Long, Thomas

Arsenal team news
Team to play Burnley: Ramsdale, Tierney, White, Gabriel, Holding, Saka, Odegaard, Smith Rowe, Lokonga, Lacazette, Martinelli
Subs: Leno, Tavares, Chambers, Nketiah, Alebiousu, Biereth, Oulad M'hand, Hutchinson, Patino

Leicester team news
Starting XI: Schmeichel, Justin, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Barnes, Daka, Lookman
Subs: Ward, Albrighton, Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard, Daley-Campbell, Soumare, McAteer,Brunt

Brighton team news
Starting XI: Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Burn, Cucurella, Alzate, Moder, Gross, Mac Allister, Trossard, Maupay
Subs: Scherpen, Lamptey, Dunk, Lallana, Welbeck, March, Caicedo, Roberts, Leonard

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Where's the sense in having 3 games on at the same time on a Sunday?

PoTMS

How many do we think Liverpool will put past Palace this season? I think maybe just the 4 this time.

BorisManUtd

How many do we think Liverpool will put past Palace this season? I think maybe just the 4 this time.
Hope Vieira can get something out of that game but it'll probably be easy win for Liverpool. 3-1 or something.

Deery

Dreary
How come there isn’t football for 2 weeks following today, FA Cup or winter break?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That’s great just as we are picking up a bit of form.

Thanks.
Yep. Apparently Ralf cannot even take them away for warm weather training as some are not vaccinated. The South American players are away for qualifiers and players are still away at AFCON.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sky need to drop Hasselbaink, he adds absolutely nothing, either repeats what the other guys say, or just mashes 30 footballing words together to try and form a sentence.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Easy Liverpool win today.

Hoping for some dropped points for arsenal and spurs

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
When you see a goal from a corner like that, just how painfully simple and easy it can be, it's tragic how long it's been since we've managed to do it.

I know it sounds silly but if we had scored nine goals from corners and they had none our positions might as well have been reversed. We simply have to start scoring.

PoTMS

How our so called professional footballers can't get a ball past the first man or head the ball on target from a corner kick is beyond me. The worst part is I can't remember the last time a keeper had to make a save from one of our corners.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How our so called professional footballers can't get a ball past the first man or head the ball on target from a corner kick is beyond me. The worst part is I can't remember the last time a keeper had to make a save from our corners.
everything was black and white I think