Premier League Gameweek 24 midweek fixtures (29th - 30th Jan 2019)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Spurs are the only one I can see at risk of dropping points. Hope we do the business today.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal & City to drop points. I believe.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I really can't see anything changing in the top 6 with these fixtures, Spurs the most likely to drop points with their depleted frontline.

Raw

Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacazette all start. Could be a terrible night for Cardiff. Also Ozil is captain. Will Emery ever make up his mind with him?

prateik

That Arsenal XI has a talented top 3.. and the rest is dire...

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That Arsenal XI has a talented top 3.. and the rest is dire...
I like Torreira, think Guendouzi has talent too .. I'd say Leno is decent as well, bit dodgy but decent.

But oh boy do they need to sign some defenders.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If I was Warnock I'd be hitting Arsenal's right hand side as often as possible.

Lichtsteiner is done, he has no legs left. I know Cardiff don't have a Mane in the side but if they can get someone like Hoilett running at him he will cause issues.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Nah I think we'll be ok until we play United.

Think we'll drop points there. Hoping for a point.
I'd say youre dropping points against United, Everton and Chelsea. I have City dropping points against United and Chelsea. It's madness, that two teams are gonna finish above 90 points and with a chance of both above 95 points.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd say youre dropping points against United, Everton and Chelsea. I have City dropping points against United and Chelsea. It's madness, that two teams are gonna finish above 90 points and with a chance of both above 95 points.
I think you're being really generous to Everton but a draw isn't out of the question. Chelsea's record at Anfield plus your record against us at Old Trafford suggests you might be right about the other two.

Agreed though that it's ridiculous how many points the top two will probably end up with. Any other season and we'd be running away with it (apart from last season).

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Everton should just appoint Big Sam for the game vs Liverpool.

14% possession, zero shots on target, a glorious 0-0 :drool:.

Dudu

Really don't want Pep to get the 100 games record..

but keeping pressure on the scouse takes precedence i guess.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think you're being really generous to Everton but a draw isn't out of the question. Chelsea's record at Anfield plus your record against us at Old Trafford suggests you might be right about the other two.

Agreed though that it's ridiculous how many points the top two will probably end up with. Any other season and we'd be running away with it (apart from last season).
I had you for a draw at Everton. I don't think that's generous. Games at Goodison park are always cagey affairs for you. I would never have Everton down to win against you, that's a cosmic event.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Or 1-1 like last season. Lovren giving away a needless penalty.
Christ that was a shocking game. Everton didn't even turn up to play, it was basically a training game yet somehow they came away with the point.

IIRC Lovren was an idiot for the penalty, but it was still a clear dive (don't remember who by).

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Sounds like Sean Dyche is commentating on our game

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Christ that was a shocking game. Everton didn't even turn up to play, it was basically a training game yet somehow they came away with the point.

IIRC Lovren was an idiot for the penalty, but it was still a clear dive (don't remember who by).
I think it was Calvert-Lewin but Lovren didn't need to move into him like he did. DCL was going towards the corner flag.

bleedred

Arsenal will cruise through.City will drop points today, they have had so many games in a quick span.

AJ10

What's so different about Arsenal's play? Seems to me it's the same as under wenger. Defensively naive and short/fancy passes for no reason/ try to walk the ball into net.