Premier League Gameweek 24

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why are West Ham fans booing Rice? Would they rather he had run his contract down and left on a free than earned them 105m?

Last edited:

Nico87

Why are West Ham fans booing Rice? Would they rather he had run his contract down and left on a free than earned then 105m?
Is it because he went to Arsenal?

I don’t know if that’s a particularly hated rival, although I do know West Ham have had numerous Arsenal cast offs.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Is it because he went to Arsenal?

I don’t know if that’s a particularly hated rival, although I do know West Ham have had numerous Arsenal cast offs.
Nah, West Ham have a couple of London rivalries but Arsenal aren't one of them.
Because they are idiots.
Basically this. Based on my limited interactions with matchgoing West Ham fans at Old Trafford and on away days, they don't seem like the smartest bunch.

CarrickNotScholes

Saka one on one against any leftback looks average or a bit more than that. Shaw who is normally quite good treats him with way too much respect and he looks like Robben against United as a result.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Cheeky nudge by White to keep Areola from getting up. Feels like that's allowed more this season than before.

MonkeysMagic

What a contrast to last week when West H had 21 attempts on goal against us! Top PL teams stifle the opposition allowing them very little in the way of attacks. Utd really need to get to this level to move away from the chaotic nature of our games ultimately meaning we have to score several goals to win games.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What a contrast to last week when West H had 21 attempts on goal against us! Top PL teams stifle the opposition allowing them very little in the way of attacks. Utd really need to get to this level to move away from the chaotic nature of our games ultimately meaning we have to score several goals to win games.
Had posters arguing with me last Sunday that we were good in possession and controlled the game. Clueless.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Another lazy gutless Sunday display from West Ham. Where’s the physicality and the threat from set pieces they’d have. Keeper now gives a pen away and its game over. fecking useless.

rajds89

I don’t remember west ham rolling out the red carpet like this for us when we visited the tax payers stadium this season. Game raising, bubble blowing, flat cap wearing dickheads.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don’t remember west ham rolling out the red carpet like this for us when we visited the tax payers stadium this season. Game raising, bubble blowing, flat cap wearing dickheads.
They beat Arsenal without much trouble less than two months ago. It's not just us :D

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It never felt like West Ham troubled us in the first half. All they did was win a few soft free kicks and corners in an attempt to utilise Ward-Prowse. Always felt like we were in control (asides from Maguire's brain fart in the second half).

binary bot
They were shit against us too. We just matched them

mav_9me

Nope. This is credit to Arsenal. Completely dominating the game. And the set pieces to score. Once they score, it's over.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
You allowed 20 shots..more to do with the fact your defense isn't the best. Less about teams "rolling out the red carpet"

It's like us saying Fulham laying out the red carpet for city but beating us..more to do with the fact we've been shitte some games..otherwise any team can use this excuse to rub away their poor performances

Zed is not dead

It never felt like West Ham troubled us in the first half. All they did was win a few soft free kicks and corners in an attempt to utilise Ward-Prowse. Always felt like we were in control (asides from Maguire's brain fart in the second half).
Yeah they mostly tried shots from outside the box and were dangerous on 2 corners but that’s about it. The only real dangerous chance they had was gifted by Maguire

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The difference between arsenal playing west ham and us is so stark. I know we won but we didn't dominate the match. Arsenal haven't given west ham a sniff and are constantly applying pressure