Premier League Gameweek 25 (which is not gameweek 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Useless hoping for teams like Everton to take points off Arsenal.

This will come down to games against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle.

This is why I don’t think we are in a real title race. Hoping Leicester can pull off a performance in the weekend
Leicester?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It is hard to do anything when your players are individually happy to relegate you.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This is going to turn into a 40min hackathon

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fabinho somehow escapes another red card for an appalling challenge against Wolves, hardly surprised though, Liverpool must have only had about 2 red cards since 2000.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Game over, need to win the next 4 to get a cushion before a torrid month of April

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
I think Everton need to be relegated for their own good.

And to stop them gifting points to our rivals.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
First half was a drag but we got there. Four clean sheets in a row and 3 wins out of 4, baby steps forward.

Nice easy game next…gulp.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Pickford asking himself why he signed a new contract
He managed to sign the most stupid contract possible. Worse than Kane and Zaha. Tottenham have a clear opening, Villa might cash in on Martinez and probably other midtable clubs would take him.

Dazzmondo

Everton seemed to be demolished. Still think they're very much at risk of going down despite Dyche. Definitely the most overrated squad in the league. Lots of dross there

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How on earth did Fabinho not get sent off tonight?

Hoof the ball

I cannot see how Arsenal loses the title from here.
Seriously?

Not even when they've got to go to Anfield? City at the Etihad? Chelsea? Fulham? Newcastle? Brighton?

You telling me that they'll just walk through all those difficult games untouched? Not a chance. That's a bitch of a run to face with only a minor lead.

Edit: Oh snap, five point lead. Ok, that changes things a bit, but still can see two losses out of those fixtures.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously?

If City win their game in hand they'll be 3 points behind, and you can't see Arsenal losing a mere 3 point lead in their remaining games?

Not even when they've got to go to Anfield? City at the Etihad? Chelsea? Fulham? Newcastle?

You telling me that they'll just walk through all those difficult games untouched? Not a chance.

April is going to feck them up.
If City did have a game in hand which they won it would be 2 points behind, City don't have a game in hand though they're level both having played 25 now

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
5 points is nothing. Just 1 loss will put us under pressure again. I feel it as a fan, no doubt the players would too.

ti vu

If City did have a game in hand which they won it would be 2 points behind, City don't have a game in hand though they're level both having played 25 now
The 6 point head to head game at Etihad is what can significantly change this 5 point gap.

Last season it's similar with Arsenal game vs Spurs. The fourth place was Arsenal to lose, and they did.

Still many games and tricky games. 5 points with a head to head game with closest contender, too. So nothing decided yet. Doesn't require a meltdown. Just a few normal point drop to tough teams can still affect Arsenal.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seriously?

Not even when they've got to go to Anfield? City at the Etihad? Chelsea? Fulham? Newcastle? Brighton?

You telling me that they'll just walk through all those difficult games untouched? Not a chance. That's a bitch of a run to face with only a minor lead.

Edit: Oh snap, five point lead. Ok, that changes things a bit, but still can see two losses out of those fixtures.
It's only 5 points with 13 games to play. You would think the season is almost over the way some talk like this.
Yes seriously, they play the best and most consistent football of any team in the league. They have multiple scoring players and even Jesus is back very soon. I don't see why they would suddently collapse when the PL is the main competition they can easily focus on

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Maybe this is becoming some kind of funny TikTok challenge at some point.

"Goals against PL opposition in the last six weeks:
Grimsby: 2
Chelsea: 1"

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Yes seriously, they play the best and most consistent football of any team in the league. They have multiple scoring players and even Jesus is back very soon. I don't see why they would suddently collapse when the PL is the main competition they can easily focus on
Fair enough, I just think there are so many games to be played. Only five points and still got to play city away, Liverpool away, Newcastle away etc. Pretty sure there will be twists and turns yet.

Agree with goldbridge though that fans and pundits are just giving flip flop analysis regarding us. We lost to city and we had bottled it and city were going to run off with it, now we have won the last three and the same people seem to think all the other teams should just back up and go home. Bit strange.

Sylar

Fair enough, I just think there are so many games to be played. Only five points and still got to play city away, Liverpool away, Newcastle away etc. Pretty sure there will be twists and turns yet.

Agree with goldbridge though that fans and pundits are just giving flip flop analysis regarding us. We lost to city and we had bottled it and city were going to run off with it, now we have won the last three and the same people seem to think all the other teams should just back up and go home. Bit strange.
Your win Vs Villa was huge especially the way it was done and context behind it.
Having lost to Everton and city and dropped points to Brentford, and being 2-1 down, winning that in the last minute is a big boost.

The fixtures that followed was almost ideal too because it allows you to go back on that run and build momentum again.

I'm with @kouroux
People keep saying city are inevitable but they can't start that run most people thought they would.

Would also want arsenal's next three league games as opposed to City's next three league games.
then all of a sudden ten games left with all the momentum going into the end of the season.

i do understand why arsenal fans would wanna downplay things for now though

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Your win Vs Villa was huge especially the way it was done and context behind it.
Having lost to Everton and city and dropped points to Brentford, and being 2-1 down, winning that in the last minute is a big boost.

The fixtures that followed was almost ideal too because it allows you to go back on that run and build momentum again.

I'm with @kouroux
People keep saying city are inevitable but they can't start that run most people thought they would.

Would also want arsenal's next three league games as opposed to City's next three league games.
then all of a sudden ten games left with all the momentum going into the end of the season.

I know I would be devastated to not win the league from their position

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal

I'm with @kouroux

Agree, if we don't get the later villa winner it would've been a huge blow, not just the points but the fact we fully deserves to win. Title race is super close and hard to predict, that's why the bookmakers can barely separate us.

We need to win all the fixtures leading up to Liverpool away and hope we have a bigger lead for me, as that's when the harder fixtures on paper come in. Not that I assume any game is a guaranteed 3 points.

I know I would be devastated to not win the league from their position
If not winning the league because you are 5 points ahead with 13 games still to play including having to play your closest challengers away would devastate you then I don't want to know what you were liked that season utd were well ahead with 4/5 games to go and basically lost it to the last kick of the season.

Also wish you were my bookmarker

Sylar

Agree, if we don't get the later villa winner it would've been a huge blow, not just the points but the fact we fully deserves to win. Title race is super close and hard to predict, that's why the bookmakers can barely separate us.

We need to win all the fixtures leading up to Liverpool away and hope we have a bigger lead for me, as that's when the harder fixtures on paper come in. Not that I assume any game is a guaranteed 3 points.

If not winning the league because you are 5 points ahead with 13 games still to play including having to play your closest challengers away would devastate you then I don't want to know what you were liked that season utd were well ahead with 4/5 games to go and basically lost it to the last kick of the season.

Also wish you were my bookmarker
I was numb for that. In your position I agree with @kouroux, given the season youre having and position currently, id defo be gutted not winning the title from here.
From your fixture, these are the ones you could drop points in (obviously you can do with all, but you should beat the rest):
Liverpool away, City away, newcastle away. Possibly chelsea home (who knows by then). Maybe brighton at home
You should win the rest.

For City, id say the tricky ones left are:
palace away, brighton away, arsenal home (though history suggests city will win this), chelsea home and brentford away.

If City were their ruthless selves id make them favourites

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Maybe better for us that Newcastle lose today

Witchking

Maybe better for us that Newcastle lose today
Yes. Seems better. We can hope that city win today and we win tomorrow. There will be other opportunities to catch up on the top 2. Do not want city to lose and if by bad luck we lose tomorrow, Arsenal have a free run.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The PR and narrative building of commentators is borderline 1984, just being positive regardless of the point.

Gassing up Halaand constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.