Premier League Gameweek 26+27

Rex Banner

Burnley are definitely staying up. Reckon either Leeds or Brentford will eventually replace them in the relegation places.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Burnley are definitely staying up. Reckon either Leeds or Brentford will eventually replace them in the relegation places.
I called Brentford about a month ago, but people keep telling me no chance.
But they've been massively on the wane for ages.

Still hope for Newcastle though.

Rex Banner

I called Brentford about a month ago, but people keep telling me no chance.
But they've been massively on the wane for ages.

Still hope for Newcastle though.
Can't remember the last time they won. They've got Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley in their next three games as well. Need to win at least 2 of those I reckon or they're in big trouble.

Newcastle should have enough I think, but I would find it very funny if they went down.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No chance Burnley are going down, Weghorst and McNeill were excellent tonight so they've got enough in final third now and defence is hardly conceding a goal v top 6 teams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So you seriously think we get more VAR decisions go our way than not?
Liverpool? Without any shadow of a doubt.

I actually think City are the team who have been most hard done by. Though don't say that if any of their lot are around (which they normally aren't, as it's hard to find them!)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool? Without any shadow of a doubt.

I actually think City are the team who have been most hard done by. Though don't say that if any of their lot are around (which they normally aren't, as it's hard to find them!)
I find that opinion nuts. I think we get as many for and against us as anyone else does. Look at the two in the game at Spurs. Blatant red card for 'Saint' Harry and a penalty on Jota not given. We've had a couple go our way as well but we don't get more than anyone else does.

You can see that City clearly get given more penalties that we do even though we have as much of the ball in penalty areas as they do.

Anyway, Leeds are crap.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was so caught up in the CL that I just saw that Spurs lost to Burnley. Excellent night all round.

90 + 5min

Maybe if you repeat this enough it’ll infect the footballing conscience
You got to be honest to admit that you always get decisions your way in tight situations in the game.

You are good enough to win without them. I would say that you get about 10-15 points because of those decisions during season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You got to be honest to admit that you always get decisions your way in tight situations in the game.

You are good enough to win without them. I would say that you get about 10-15 points because of those decisions during season.
They aren't going to admit it but it's true, there's a reason they're unanimously known up and down the country as LiVARpool.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
They aren't going to admit it but it's true, there's a reason they're unanimously known up and down the country as LiVARpool.
If you can show the stats to back this up then I’m all in.

AltiUn

If you can show the stats to back this up then I’m all in.
Here you go, Liverpool now awarded more penalties than any other team in PL history. For historically the 8th best team in the PL era, the stats are undeniable and objective. You get more favourable decisions than any other team. LiVARpool remains unchallenged and uncontested!

TheLiverBird

Here you go, Liverpool now awarded more penalties than any other team in PL history. For historically the 8th best team in the PL era, the stats are undeniable and objective. You get more favourable decisions than any other team. LiVARpool remains unchallenged and uncontested!
this is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen today

And tragically I’ve seen some pretty dumb stuff today

AltiUn

this is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen today

And tragically I’ve seen some pretty dumb stuff today
Don't blame me if you can't handle the truth. If you want a Liverpool echo chamber then head to RAWK :nono:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Don't blame me if you can't handle the truth. If you want a Liverpool echo chamber then head to RAWK :nono:
We've had half the number of penalties United have had over the last five or six years. Again, City have had 7 in their last 11 games. Before today we had the same number of penalties in 80 games. 80!
Mane fishing for penalties again, I see, and lo and behold, the officials fall for it!

Marvellous stuff.
Oh come on, he gets fouled. There's a question of whether it's inside or outside the box. The first one is handball.

Regardless, it wouldn't have changed the result. It took Leeds until about an hour in to have a shot on goal. The expected goals at half time had us on 3.01 and Leeds on...0.00.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The highlights on sky just completely ignored the first half of the spurs game.

AltiUn

We've had half the number of penalties United have had over the last five or six years. Again, City have had 7 in their last 11 games. Before today we had the same number of penalties in 80 games. 80!

Oh come on, he gets fouled. There's a question of whether it's inside or outside the box. The first one is handball.

Regardless, it wouldn't have changed the result. It took Leeds until about an hour in to have a shot on goal. The expected goals at half time had us on 3.01 and Leeds on...0.00.
I’m obviously taking the piss lad, probably doesn’t translate well over message.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
When is Bielsa getting fired?
They were horrendous. He seems to tell them to go and run themselves into the ground and they're gassed out after about 20 minutes. They were insanely open as well. Tried to go toe to toe with us without actually managing a shot on goal in the first half.

Still they waited 16 years to get back to the Premier League and are still in a position to stay up.

croadyman

Spurs have pissed away big momentum in the next game for the second time already this year which is a worrying trait

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
"Come on lads, are you really sure it's offside ?" Ok then....