Premier League Gameweek 26+27

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think Arsenal are the big danger for top 4 - I still don’t rate Spurs. Liverpool have a serious chance for the title though. At one point city had 90% of the ball and Spurs were still the more dangerous side - at no point watching that did I think city were in control. It was similar against Southampton and when I watched them against 10 men Arsenal. Earlier in the season they were absolutely suffocating teams in total control - there’s been a drop recently where they have seemed vulnerable.
They're 4 points behind United with 2 extra games to play, they just beat City with Kane at his best, you should rate them with Conte.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They're 4 points behind United with 2 extra games to play, they just beat City with Kane at his best, you should rate them with Conte.
They were ridiculously poor V Wolves and Southampton at home. Today was a great win but they have been very ordinary otherwise.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Plenty of games left for City to not feck up again. As long as they pip the scouse cnuts to the title I’ll be happy.

Regarding us, we’re a lost cause.

RedChisel

Liverpool are going to win the lot this season. It's written in the stars.

The football gods are shitting all over Manchester United.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Thank you to Lord Kane and his retinue. City and Everton losing whilst we win. Doesn't get better.

RopersReturn

Two horse race for the rest of the season, and Tuchel has already conceded that Chelsea are knackered. It’ll go to the wire for City now.
I predict Liverpool will win the rest of their fixtures from here on unless they miraculously have a massive spate of injuries it’s going to be tight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Serious question…. who’s the better manager Ralf or Conte?
If we've learnt nothing else from our last 7 years it's that managers have to be rated on the current, and in the circumstance of the job they're doing.

Conte was getting slated on here for a couple of months, now he pulls 1 good win off, against an under par City and it's suddenly all how we made a mistake.
Were you saying it was a mistake the last month?

RopersReturn

Apples and oranges, both are exceptional tacticians. The biggest difference is that we have a much more disparate squad of players than Spurs do, plus they possess two proven strikers in Son & Kane. I do admire how Conte has reacted and dealt with some of the recognised problems swiftly recruiting two great players whilst booting out Dele Alli at the same time.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If we've learnt nothing else from our last 7 years it's that managers have to be rated on the current, and in the circumstance of the job they're doing.

Conte was getting slated on here for a couple of months, now he pulls 1 good win off, against an under par City and it's suddenly all how we made a mistake.
The knee-jerkism of the Caf is something you have to get used to :D

Wilt

I’ve been a Conte admirer ever since his stint with Chelsea.

Now answer … who’s the better manager Ralf or Conte?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve been a Conte admirer ever since his stint with Chelsea.

Now answer … who’s the better manager Ralf or Conte?
How do you judge it? Which guy gets top 4?

You can only judge it accurately if you see what both does with the exact same tools as the other.

But the key point is that Ralf is just an interim. He won't be our actual manager next year. Let's see who that is.

If we get Moyes back in, or Mark Hughes I'll be fuming we didn't get Conte. But certainly not now.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The apple has won the serie a three times with one club and a fourth time with another and the Premier league.

The orange has never won a nation title.

It's really not a hard question.

Wilt

How do you judge it? Which guy gets top 4?

You can only judge it accurately if you see what both does with the exact same tools as the other.

But the key point is that Ralf is just an interim. He won't be our actual manager next year. Let's see who that is.

If we get Moyes back in, or Mark Hughes I'll be fuming we didn't get Conte. But certainly not now.
I‘ve nothing against RR. He’s doing his best with a disjointed squad but Conte is widely regarded an elite manager and will continue to be regardless of what he does with Spurs and in my opinion much more suited to Utd than RR.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I‘ve nothing against RR. He’s doing his best with a disjointed squad but Conte is widely regarded an elite manager and will continue to be regardless of what he does with Spurs and in my opinion much more suited to Utd than RR.
Don't think the board rejected him with regards to his talent. It is his personality and penchant for falling out with his employers.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
The apple has won the serie a three times with one club and a fourth time with another and the Premier league.

But the orange has done something like bringing an unknown club to the Bundesliga.

TheReligion

Abusive

The better question is who cares?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Craig Pawson looked utterly devastated when Kane scored that late goal. I thought he was a member of the City coaching staff initially.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Kane is so talented. He deserves so many trophies. Better than Haaland and Benzema in my book. Just doesn't have their PR.

When he's playing well, he's the second best CF in the world. Period.
He is english, he surely is highly rated by many.

No excuse for not being highly rated as Benzema, thing is that his game outside of the small area isn't great.
He has similar numbers to Van Basten and Henry, still nobody things Kane is as good as those two either.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And they lost against Wolves and Southampton. Conte almost won against Liverpool too. It just shows that his team knows how to play against a very high line .

He is a great coach but that team is a bit meh. I agree with the post- Arsenal are a bigger threat !

darko

They also beat Man. City in their game of the season and ended up firing their manager a few months later. They are a Jeckel and Hyde club.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
McTominay is such a clumsy, dirty oaf.

How he gets a sniff of a game for one of the worlds largest clubs is a bigger mystery than the Great Pyramids.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This is a dreadful match. Maybe it’s the conditions.

Number-7

Apologies guys, posting this here as new and can’t post on the main match thread.

I actually think we are doing well here, better intensity and better pressure. Hopefully able to keep up the energy levels, and the extra quality from Ronny, Bruno and Pogba should be the difference…

Bennie Blanco

And there it is the Munich chants and the always look out for Turks carrying knife chant.

Surprised it took an half an hour from both sets of fans.

Number-7

Apologies guys, posting this here as new and can’t post on the main match thread.

I actually think we are doing well here, better intensity and better pressure. Hopefully able to keep up the energy levels, and the extra quality from Ronny, Bruno and Pogba should be the difference…
Or Maguire