Premier League Gameweek 26

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Everton not playing a midfield has killed them this game, despite the scoreline. Basically only got Schneiderlin as a proper midfielder, no where near enough balance. Incredibly fortunate to be winning, will be found out eventually if they try a similar lineup against other teams.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton not playing a midfield has killed them this game, despite the scoreline. Basically only got Schneiderlin as a proper midfielder, no where near enough balance. Incredibly fortunate to be winning, will be found out eventually if they try a similar lineup against other teams.
We nearly did against Watford last week. I’m amazed that Ancelotti keeps doing it and gets away with it.

fps

Solskjær at Man United. Ancelotti at Everton. Mental.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Palace had two absolute sitters at 1-1 and 2-1 down and that's while Palace are woeful. Everton on the way up, fair play to them, their next four fixtures are rough so see where they are after then.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Form table since Ancelotti arrived:

Played a game more than everyone else but still second even without that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Form table since Ancelotti arrived:

Played a game more than everyone else but still second even without that.
How did the same league table look after Solskjaer's first 8 games?

Chipper

Adulterer.
How did the same league table look after Solskjaer's first 8 games?
Genuine question or is this a "too early to say good things about Ancelotti" comment?

He's a world class manager and has proven so over the course of an excellent career. Solskjaer on the other hand....

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Genuine question or is this a "too early to say good things about Ancelotti" comment?

He's a world class manager and has proven so over the course of an excellent career. Solskjaer on the other hand....
Well both. Ancelotti has had an excellent career and Solskjaer has not. But Ancelotti has generally been a very poor league manager - and has probably gotten worse in recent times - so to believe this is indicative of anything other than exactly the same thing Ole experienced is pretty weird.

Players respond instantly to calming influences that give them a bit more freedom, especially after a harsh taskmaster playing poor football. The bounce that comes after is a very bad time to judge anything other than that effect, it is not about the manager's quality.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Well both. Ancelotti has had an excellent career and Solskjaer has not. But Ancelotti has generally been a very poor league manager - and has probably gotten worse in recent times - so to believe this is indicative of anything other than exactly the same thing Ole experienced is pretty weird.

Players respond instantly to calming influences that give them a bit more freedom, especially after a harsh taskmaster playing poor football. The bounce that comes after is a very bad time to judge anything other than that effect, it is not about the manager's quality.
Agree with the second paragraph but I'm still much more confident that Ancelotti can go on to do well for Everton than Ole has for United based on both having good starts because of Ancelotti's pedigree. Seems more of a safe bet that it wonl't be a flash in the pan. I'd say very poor league manager is an overstatement for him too. Underwhelming compared ot his CL exploits, absolutely and he probably should have had more league titles considering the clubs he's been in charge of.

Not saying he's going to actually make them come second in the league of course, like where they are on form now, but there's a lot of reasons to think his tenure there might be a good one. If I was an Everton fan I'd be buoyant and optimistic right now.

Anyway, here's that Ole table for you:

Paul_Scholes18

Agree with the second paragraph but I'm still much more confident that Ancelotti can go on to do well for Everton than Ole has for United based on both having good starts because of Ancelotti's pedigree. Seems more of a safe bet that it wonl't be a flash in the pan. I'd say very poor league manager is an overstatement for him too. Underwhelming compared ot his CL exploits, absolutely and he probably should have had more league titles considering the clubs he's been in charge of.

Not saying he's going to actually make them come second in the league of course, like where they are on form now, but there's a lot of reasons to think his tenure there might be a good one. If I was an Everton fan I'd be buoyant and optimistic right now.

Anyway, here's that Ole table for you:
This shows that Ole is way better than Klopp, Pochettino and Pep! Ole in!

Also look at our goaldifference and few goals conceded! Lindelöf, Matic and Jones in! Maguire out although can't see Leicester in the table.
20 goals scored get Pogba and Rashford healthy and we will destroy this league!

Lee565

Not so mental when they finish above us in the table come the end of the season because they have a class manager and we have a manager that would struggle in the championship but supposedly changing your manager mid-season doesnt work according to the ole defence league fans.

I would have been all for Ancelotti coming to United but once again that moron Woodward missed a trick in not going for him when he was sacked by Napoli just like he missed a trick in not signing up conte last December.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Wouldn't want Ancelotti so happy the club didn't go for him. There are better managers we could get.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Are we considering Everton as a realistic possibility for top four now?

Paul_Scholes18

Still class Doucoure. I wonder why no bigger club has gone for him yet. Him and Richarlison dominated under Silva, but he has stayed in the club.
Would probably be perfect for Arsenal. Great for many other bigger clubs too even as one option.

I knew he was gonna score I could feel it in my bones, just when I took him out of my fantasy team :lol: :rolleyes:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
We nearly did against Watford last week. I’m amazed that Ancelotti keeps doing it and gets away with it.
Will need to change it ASAP. Palace are probably the worst team in the league at keeping possession and applying pressure (especially away) and they dominated you for spells. Very fortunate result imo. Big fan of Carlo but 1 non attacking midfielder simply isn’t enough.

Paul_Scholes18

Look like Moyes is going down with West Ham. They have been crap and the sides around them have improved.
Still many games left, but it looks bloody dark for Moyes.
19th now. 17th when he got the job I think. City tomorrow.