Premier League Gameweek 26

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Still trying to get over our defeat, pathetic.

I agree it wasn't a red, was a covering defender really not far away so couldn't believe it when he sent Jagielka off after looking at the monitor.

We must be the worst top flight team around for constantly failing to get points when we play opposition down to 10 men for large chunks of the game. Only in injury time did we start stringing some decent moves together.

Certainly a defeat we'll look back on with regret in three months time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Villa were never a threat to you two. Both Everton and Pool will finish 15 points or more higher than them, and it’s been apparent for a while. The ultimate one man team, Villa (one and a half if you credit Watkins).
Everton have actually mirrored us for pretty much the entire season. We won the first 4 league games, so did they. Lost 4 out of 5 over October/November as they did before we both had good runs over xmas.

Indifferent since then. Obviously our worst result of the season by a distance but they've lost at home to Newcastle and Fulham in recent times aswell.

Obviously huge blow tonight but I'd be surprised if they pull miles clear. Think West Brom will hold them to a draw and they could easily lose away to Chelsea at the weekend. Whether we can bounce back to beat Wolves isn't certain though. Both teams still have yet to play each aswell, we actually took 4 points off them last year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I know none of the attackers are playing well but, with the exception of Shaw, the midfield and defence take an hour to get the attackers on the ball.

RashyForPM

Even Perez (as poor as he is) or Praet (who'se actually ok) too. Fofana looks to be back now, which is a plus for us - we can make do defensively (unless we get even more injuries).

But even so, I have no idea where goals are supposed to come from. We lined up with three defensive midfielders in the side. We're having to play players like Choudhury and Amartey, and they're barely championship level. Hell, I'm not sure Choudhury is even a footballer.

Frustrating, but with Barnes out for at least 6 weeks (I'd personally double that - Rodgers always criminally underrated how long a player will be out), Justin not back this season (he'd been electric going forwards), and no idea about Maddison, then I have no idea where goals will come from. Vardy looks like a spent force, and Rodgers was cowardly in taking 'nacho off instead of Vardy.
Praet is one I missed out on. Very good midfielder, one of those who can do everything, like a less physical Bissouma who I’d gladly take here.

And yeah, I knew I wasn’t the only one thinking Vardy is having an absolutely shocking season by his standards. It’s only pens or open goals for him now.

NinjaFletch

I know none of the attackers are playing well but, with the exception of Shaw, the midfield and defence take an hour to get the attackers on the ball.
It's so, so noticeable when you watch us compared to City. So many players taking unnecessary touches and slowing the game down.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's so, so noticeable when you watch us compared to City. So many players taking unnecessary touches and slowing the game down.
It's excruciating. The CMs and CBs, no matter which combination, spend the majority of the game passing between themselves. We were getting chances by using the full backs to play the ball low and hard into the box yet the midfielders and CBs never release them. I don't know how Solskjaer and the attacking players can be happy by such useless, needless possession, it's suffocating us.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Still trying to get over our defeat, pathetic.

I agree it wasn't a red, was a covering defender really not far away so couldn't believe it when he sent Jagielka off after looking at the monitor.

We must be the worst top flight team around for constantly failing to get points when we play opposition down to 10 men for large chunks of the game. Only in injury time did we start stringing some decent moves together.

Certainly a defeat we'll look back on with regret in three months time.
Always some kind of controversy when we play each other! Wasn’t great tonight but Grealish coming back will be a boost for you though.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Too much football and you get crap like this.

Reduce the PL to 18 teams and ditch the League cup.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh yeah. :cool: A bad result against Chelsea means a little less now. Just need WBA to win tomorrow.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Where's that City fan in here the other day saying he won't relax just yet? Sure he was wumming. Every City fan is relaxed as Micah Richards knows he is cackling on Sky every week. Even last year when we were running away with it, I remember being hooked to their games relying on the big boys United, Spurs, Chelsea to do us a favour so they wouldn't catch up. With us completely out of the picture, and the nearest two dropping points to utter shite what's there to worry about?

GlasgowCeltic

Not sure how to say it without sounding snobbish but I’m really not interested in the opinion of nothing players like Clinton Morrison

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure how to say it without sounding snobbish but I’m really not interested in the opinion of nothing players like Clinton Morrison
He was right about one thing, Utd have the more expensive squad so should be doing better. Fatigue is not an excuse for the bigger clubs.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Where's that City fan in here the other day saying he won't relax just yet? Sure he was wumming. Every City fan is relaxed as Micah Richards knows he is cackling on Sky every week. Even last year when we were running away with it, I remember being hooked to their games relying on the big boys United, Spurs, Chelsea to do us a favour so they wouldn't catch up. With us completely out of the picture, and the nearest two dropping points to utter shite what's there to worry about?
I'm not the City fan you refer to haha!!...but, believe it or not, I don't think he was joking. For example, if we are winning a game 2-0 with 10 mins to go we are still on edge worrying that the other team might make a comeback. It may sound daft to fans of other clubs considering the way we are playing but for some of the older generation of City fans that's just the way it is.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Too much football and you get crap like this.

Reduce the PL to 18 teams and ditch the League cup.
I was thinking about this recently. I’d enjoy an 18 team league more. There’s too much football being played and the quality is suffering

Raredaredevil

I actually think West Brom will get a result against Everton. Everton always drop points in games they are expected to win and West Brom at home with master of relegation Sam Allardyce, with only 12 games left, now it's the time to start picking up points if this is what he is always good at, saving his team from relegation.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Much as we banter Liverpool, i just cannot see us keeping Mane or Salah quiet. Hate to say it, but i think Tuchel's first defeat is tonight.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
No its how its being won. We never got close to the points totals that are being put up by City.
Chelsea did in 2004-05 though when they got 95 points, a record that stood for 13 years before City broke it. Since then Liverpool have racked up 97 and 99 point seasons in successive campaigns, and could've easily smashed our 100 point benchmark last season - with 27 games gone they'd won 26 and drawn 1 - if they hadn't won the league so early and all gone on the piss to celebrate.

I'm sure if United were posting those numbers and running away with the league you wouldn't be complaining about "how" you were winning it. Liverpool fans are now skriking about it being a 1 team league. They're only moaning because this season they're not that 1 team when last season they were. It's not City's fault that Liverpool have failed to beat Aston Villa, Brighton (twice), Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle, and Burnley. No team that drops that many points against the league's so-called lesser sides, has failed to win more than 3 games on the bounce all season, and lost the last 4 home games in a row deserves to be anywhere near a title race. But yeah, it's all City's fault despite the fact that there are currently 4 other teams ahead of Liverpool in the league.

Raredaredevil

So what kind of result do we want? A Liverpool win/draw/loss? Personally I hope Liverpool win. Chelsea is our biggest challenger for top 4 and it means we have gained a point ahead of them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So what kind of result do we want? A Liverpool win/draw/loss? Personally I hope Liverpool win. Chelsea is our biggest challenger for top 4 and it means we have gained a point ahead of them.
A draw is the best result for United imo. Keeps both teams way off. And if it's not clear cut obvious, no Utd fan should want Liverpool winning either imo :D

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Draw or Chelsea win is the best result for us. Otherwise Liverpool will be just 2 points behind on Sunday and sure to over take us by the end of the season.

Spurs right back in the mix for top 4 also with this result.

cyberman

Chelsea win. Liverpool are still a mess and wont make up 8 points. Neither club will go a run anyway.

Leftback99

Chelsea win. Liverpool are still a mess and wont make up 8 points. Neither club will go a run anyway.
Liverpool could easily make up 8 points on us which is highly likely to be only 5 by Sunday.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I thought it was just me.
Have to congratulate the BBC on going from top class football commentators to really crap ones. No wonder their listener numbers are in free fall. Total rubbish.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Genuinely had to look and see what you meant there.
Surely Villa, 4 points behind losing isn't "Great". It's alright I suppose.
Course it is. They're in the EL fight as they have games in hand (including one against us). Leicester dropped points too so less to catch up on them too.

cyberman

Liverpool could easily make up 8 points on us which is highly likely to be only 5 by Sunday.
Only 5 is huge when they are so inconsistent. Liverpool are likelier to drop points v Fulham than win at this rate especially if they lose tonight.

Leftback99

Only 5 is huge when they are so inconsistent. Liverpool are likelier to drop points v Fulham than win at this rate especially if they lose tonight.
It would be nothing with us to play in our form.

pascell

Crazy to think 8th place Spurs could be 6 points behind us with a game in hand after the weekend.

Thats how fast things can swing this season, come the end of the month, 2nd-8th could've swapped around completely.

Whoever puts together a good run in the next 5-7 games will get top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Course it is. They're in the EL fight as they have games in hand (including one against us). Leicester dropped points too so less to catch up on them too.
But great seems a bit strong. Leicester aren't much interest to you, they're well clear.

cyberman

It would be nothing with us to play in our form.
8 to 5 is still only making up 3 points anyway. There is nothing that even hints at Liverpool being liklier to go on a run than us, never mind make up 8 points.
Just my opinion

slored1

Spurs looking pretty decent to be fair. Their front four might be one of the best in the world if they all start clicking.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But great seems a bit strong. Leicester aren't much interest to you, they're well clear.
Win tonight and we are 4 points behind Leicester. Win our other game in hand and we are 1 point behind Leicester.