Premier League Gameweek 27 fixtures (22nd - 24th Feb 2019)

OverratedOpinion

Burnley do play the long ball very well, it is tumescent but effective at times. Spurs are facing the same frustration we did, you spend minutes trying to find the right penetrative ball and build up play nicely and then you lose the ball and they just lump it up the pitch and end up in a dangerous position.

Dan_F

Not even sure whether I’m happy about this. Kind of wanted Spurs to keep the pressure up, even though they aren’t going to win league realistically. But then thinking at the same time that if they drop points we can catch them.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That is just rather small time. Poch is still a far better manager than Ole. He has proven it it and delivered it consistently over the years, playing attractive football and turning Spurs from a mid-table underachieving team into a top 3 team who goes toe to toe with the best teams in Europe as well. Even Ole almost lost to Burnley.
Spurs have not finished mid table for more than a decade and they were in the Champions League quarter final a couple of years before Poch took over.

He has done a very good job but lets not re-write history.

OverratedOpinion

That is just rather small time. Poch is still a far better manager than Ole. He has proven it it and delivered it consistently over the years, playing attractive football and turning Spurs from a mid-table underachieving team into a top 3 team who goes toe to toe with the best teams in Europe as well. Even Ole almost lost to Burnley.
I think it is more than fair to not buy into Pochettino fully, it is also very fair to believe that we are best placed to stick with Ole.

Anustart89

It's not small time, it's about what I want as a United supporter. I want a club that I feel connected with, and hiring the past three 'big-name' outsiders hasn't worked out. Now everyone's incredibly happy with Ole, because he has shown at United that he can do the job we'd like to see from a United manager, while restoring the family feeling to the club that we've all longed for.

I'd be really unhappy if the club were to risk this feeling that is currently at the club in favour of getting another big name who's supposedly such a good manager that he can get top four while not competing for any other titles. Yes, getting a good squad is partly down to him and partly down to some of the players being there, but I'd say based on the squad he's got at his disposal he is pretty much achieving a par score. He's not making Kane, Alli, Eriksen and the likes overperform, but is rather doing what is expected of them given the squad he has. Ole's slightly overachieving, but he's doing it with a squad that isn't even his, whereas Poch's had five years to get this squad together.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's not small time, it's about what I want as a United supporter. I want a club that I feel connected with, and hiring the past three 'big-name' outsiders hasn't worked out. Now everyone's incredibly happy with Ole, because he has shown at United that he can do the job we'd like to see from a United manager, while restoring the family feeling to the club that we've all longed for.

I'd be really unhappy if the club were to risk this feeling that is currently at the club in favour of getting another big name who's supposedly such a good manager that he can get top four while not competing for any other titles. Yes, getting a good squad is partly down to him and partly down to some of the players being there, but I'd say based on the squad he's got at his disposal he is pretty much achieving a par score. He's not making Kane, Alli, Eriksen and the likes overperform, but is rather doing what is expected of them given the squad he has. Ole's slightly overachieving, but he's doing it with a squad that isn't even his, whereas Poch's had five years to get this squad together.
You're not hiring anybody else than Ole if you get top four, it doesn't fecking matter what Poch does.

Mcking

Dyche is really a budget Simeone. Sets up his team the same way, same formation + the touchline antics and tough guy stuff. I can't think of two similar managers.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What's Poch arguing about? Lost fair and square.

Anustart89

Poch getting confrontational with the ref, touchline ban for him.

I much prefer nice guy Ole.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

Oh man, thanks for cheering me up after this.
Equilibrium will be restored once Poch leaves and a few first team players go to be replaced by Soldado type signings never you fear that. Might take a couple years but it will happen and Spurs will return to being the Everton of London.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We didn't play well, tho' can't really say we deserved to lose, but that's football.

Big blow to any slim title hopes that we had.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Poch lost it a bit there.

If it is about the award of the corner, I suggest he be more annoyed by his own teams shit marking.

That's why I find it difficult to get annoyed when a team scores from a free-kick/corner that was wrongly awarded - ultimately, 99% of the time if your team defend properly, you won't concede.