Premier League Gameweek 28-30

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The problem is, as Carragher highlighted, there seems to be this determination to ask if there is ‘enough evidence’ to show its a ‘clear and obvious error’. That’s nonsense and over complicating things. If it’s a penalty, it’s a penalty. Whatever the ref has given should be irrelevant.

I think it brings a self righteous attitude where they don’t want to be seen to be being wrong, but it’s complete nonsense
Yeah it's bollocks, because it's all totally arbitrary anyway. One person's clear and obvious isn't another's.

VAR should just be an independent ref... does he think somethings a pen? Tell the ref, go to the screen, and if he agrees give it, if he thinks he was right with his on pitch view, don't give it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Walton on BT Sport score justified the decision by saying he "only" held his shirt "for a bit". :lol:

Honestly, you couldn't make it up
Has the studio ref ever, and I mean literally ever, gone against the on field decision? Seems like he's just there to defend whatever stupid decisions refs make.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Has the studio ref ever, and I mean literally ever, gone against the on field decision? Seems like he's just there to defend whatever stupid decisions refs make.
Hardly ever... Though apparently he did disagree with the ref yesterday and said Sanchez should have been sent off for Brighton (but then he did literally kick a man in the head... So maybe that's the bar)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hardly ever... Though apparently he did disagree with the ref yesterday and said Sanchez should have been sent off for Brighton (but then he did literally kick a man in the head... So maybe that's the bar)
He said Havertz should have been off when it happened, then tried to back off from that later on.

Withnail

Yeah it's bollocks, because it's all totally arbitrary anyway. One person's clear and obvious isn't another's.

VAR should just be an independent ref... does he think somethings a pen? Tell the ref, go to the screen, and if he agrees give it, if he thinks he was right with his on pitch view, don't give it.
Klopp was dead right what he said about VAR and the clear and obvious bollox yesterday. They should just judge the incident objectively rather than making a judgement on the ref's decision.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Wolves and West Ham aren't going away in our race for the Europa.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Klopp was dead right what he said about VAR and the clear and obvious bollox yesterday. They should just judge the incident objectively rather than making a judgement on the ref's decision.
We all knew they’d manage to feck up VAR. As you well know, rugby has it pretty much spot on with how TMOs and reds work (not 100% but not shite like football).

Theyre too busy being pally and trying not to disagree.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Everton slowly getting back into it. Richardson off the ball movement becoming a issue for Wolves.

Dan_F

Anyone got a replay of that Norwich penalty shout? It looked stonewall in real time but I’m assuming he must have touched the ball.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Anyone got a replay of that Norwich penalty shout? It looked stonewall in real time but I’m assuming he must have touched the ball.
They were saying in BT studio that Norwich player anticipated the challenge and actually stood on the Leeds player leg and fell over.