Premier League Gameweek 28 midweek fixtures (26th, 27th Feb 2019)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
4-0 Van Dijk. Three assists for TAA. Should've swapped him for Robertson in my FF team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think you have already made your mind up on the player and will just stick to the script. That's ok but lets not pretend he was anywhere near our worst player tonight.
He wasn't our worst player, but we have other players playing badly who don't do it consistently.

Lamela is a case of a player who consistently offers these same performances with zero kind of composure or intelligence in the final third.

I'd say the reverse, you've backed the player and will now continue to do it despite him doing nothing of any note whatsoever for god knows how long, and he does this every single season. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nevermind everyone dissing Bournemouth what the hell happens to Watford every year they turn up at Anfield?!:lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He wasn't our worst player, but we have other players playing badly who don't do it consistently.

Lamela is a case of a player who consistently offers these same performances with zero kind of composure or intelligence in the final third.

I'd say the reverse, you've backed the player and will now continue to do it despite him doing nothing of any note whatsoever for god knows how long, and he does this every single season. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah we can agree to disagree on it - everybody has players they like despite all evidence to the contrary - it's my right as a fan!

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Solskjaer's run has been incredible. Southampton at home next so they'll probably win again too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow that just about sums it up. If I ever see Trippier in a Spurs top again I'm going to kick the cat.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Trippier been awful since the world cup...if he was ever that good in the first place of course.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My God that 2nd goal conceded by Spurs:lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Oh wow that's ridiculous. Great finish though Trippier.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wow that just about sums it up. If I ever see Trippier in a Spurs top again I'm going to kick the cat.
What's happened to him? He was really good at Burnley and up until the WC.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah I'm done with this.

@balaks I'm with you. That's what, the third or fourth big game he's given the opposition a goal in this season?

Don't want to see him play again. Feck off, you're done.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Spurs haven't drawn a league game all season. That's mad!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Trippier been awful since the world cup...if he was ever that good in the first place of course.
He came back from the world cup thinking he was a world class player - he has been league one level this season. I hope we get rid in the summer because generally he is fecking useless.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Pedro acting hard :lol: This game has come to life.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs from a title fight to a top 4 fight in no time.
Was always our level, it's not a bottle job it's just we're really not that good. Our fullback situation has been a disaster, our midfield is a patch job and we have a keeper who every other week gives away a goal. Some great attackers but our depth players are mostly an inconsistent mess. (I'm being harsh but feck it, this result has me pissed off).

We needed investment in the summer, didn't get it and hey presto, we haven't pressed on at all as a team and will continue to be in and around the top 4 but no better. This will continue until top four is under threat and maybe then the board will offer up some money for players.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
At this rate we will be fortunate to stay in the top 4 - absolutely disgraceful performances in the past few weeks. The team look very tired and a lot of this has to fall on Levy and Poch for not pushing for badly needed transfers over the past 2 windows. It is unbelievable that we didn't buy a single player and this is what you get - players shattered, no options on the bench worth anything and a load of injuries. People laugh at us and it's hard not to agree with them sometimes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He came back from the world cup thinking he was a world class player - he has been league one level this season. I hope we get rid in the summer because generally he is fecking useless.
Always saw him as steady but at his best Kyle Walker is comfortably better.

Probably now a time for Spurs to upgrade their FBs, had the same ones for a fair few seasons now.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Kane comes back into the team and they lose two in a row :lol: