Premier League Gameweek 29

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That's the difference between a world class finisher and an non-instinctive one. Pedro puts it away and Calvert-Lewin misses from 6 yards
Pedro has never missed an easy chance then.
Which forward hasn't.

Teja

Well, Chelsea have the tougher run in to the end of the season even if we lose today.

CHE: Villa, City, Leicester, WHU, Watford, Palace, Sheffield, Norwich, Pool, Wolves

Utd: Spurs, Norwich, SHU, Brighton, BOU, Villa, Southampton, Villa, Palace, WHU, Leicester

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bit of a disaster if Chelsea win this and we lose to City.
Well it’s not as Chelsea will drop loads and loads of points. We should be able to put a big run together with our run in. Problem is we drop silly points so even a 3 point gap behind Chelsea seems like too much for us to close any further at the moment.

Djemba-Djemba

You think they care more about beating Utd than Liverpool? :lol:
I'm sure they care a lot about beating Liverpool but they have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to Liverpool. It must be the most one sided derby in the country.

If Liverpool finish 19th next season Everton would be 20th.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Well, Chelsea have the tougher run in to the end of the season even if we lose today.

CHE: Villa, City, Leicester, WHU, Watford, Palace, Sheffield, Norwich, Pool, Wolves

Utd: Spurs, Norwich, SHU, Brighton, BOU, Villa, Southampton, Villa, Palace, WHU, Leicester
Those Chelsea fixtures are wrong.

The Leicester game is in the FA Cup and we don't knwo when the Man City game is.

El Zoido

You think they care more about beating Utd than Liverpool? :lol:
Their results against Liverpool in the past 30 years would support this. Even when Liverpool were shite, Everton never beat them. They haven’t beat Liverpool in the league for a decade now, that doesn’t suggest to me they care, no. It’s embarrassing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That's the difference between a world class finisher and an non-instinctive one. Pedro puts it away and Calvert-Lewin misses from 6 yards
Pedro literally missed a similar chance a few days ago. He's certainly not a word class finisher.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Their first half performance is very similar to last week. The difference is Chelsea didn't gift them a goal and have taken their own chances

Member 90887

And people were happy with a point last week...
Not all games are the same. Football does not work like that.

Moreover, we played away, Chelsea is playing Home. We played the thursday before, chelsea did not... and so on.

DevilRed

Bit of a disaster if Chelsea win this and we lose to City.
I've never held out hope that we would make it into the top four.

I don't think chelski will slip up enough times for us to take advantage of and overtake them.

They do seem to have a harder run in, but their match against the dippers and citeh might be against weakened sides since the league will already have been wrapped up and they will be focusing on the CL (if they are still in it).

Furthermore, without Rashford and Pogba we just don't have the firepower to go on a 7-8 match winning run. Especially considering we have to play citeh and spurs (away) as our next two. Then all the so called "easy" fixtures aren't that easy. We still have to travel away to palace and leicester which are difficult places to play.

Withnail

I've never held out hope that we would make it into the top four.

I don't think chelski will slip up enough times for us to take advantage of and overtake them.

They do seem to have a harder run in, but their match against the dippers and citeh might be against weakened sides since the league will already have been wrapped up and they will be focusing on the CL (if they are still in it).

Furthermore, without Rashford and Pogba we just don't have the firepower to go on a 7-8 match winning run. Especially considering we have to play citeh and spurs (away) as our next two. Then all the so called "easy" fixtures aren't that easy. We still have to travel away to palace and leicester which are difficult places to play.
Yeah I was reading one or two games ago our opponents in the run in have averaged 1.8 pts per game which was a bit higher than Chelsea's. I don't think any game is a gimme with this team.

We could still do City and lose to Spurs/Leicester or something equally ridiculous.

FlapR

Well that's ridiculous seeing as Chelsea are clearly a better side than Everton regardless of home form.
Sound logic, so when Sir Alex left and we started losing games at Old Trafford it was ridiculous for other teams to think they had a chance because we were clearly the better side. :houllier:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Their first half performance is very similar to last week. The difference is Chelsea didn't gift them a goal and have taken their own chances
Yep, this. I'm very confident we'd have taken 3 points if de Gea hadn't had his rabbit in the headlights moment.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Everton are not a good side. Ancelotti did what a top manager should do and brought some discipline and tactics to the team leading to immediate improvement.
However, the idea that a draw against them is positive for a decent team is nonsense.