Premier League Gameweek 29

Classical Mechanic

Terrible from Everton, Chelsea have 5 players with 90% pass completion whilst Mount has most tackles and interceptions with 2 tackles and 1 interception. Walk in the park for Chelsea.

DevilRed

5th place is and always has been the target.

That ban on citeh was a miracle. Lets hope it stays.

Either that or we go and win the Europa League again.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Regardless of their age Coleman and Baines still make such a difference to Everton, typically in both our games against them they've had them in their XI

That aside that's no excuse for our deficiencies in those games

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Is this the same Evertone side we played last week? Chelsea playing well, annoyingly, to be fair. But Everton was basically letting them walk all over them.

Judas

Open to offers
5th place is and always has been the target.

That ban on citeh was a miracle. Lets hope it stays.

Either that or we go and win the Europa League again.
Don't understand this, when was it ever the target? 5th isn't good enough. Until its 100% confirmed that City are banned, thinking about 5th place being good enough is just idiotic.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Their results against Liverpool in the past 30 years would support this. Even when Liverpool were shite, Everton never beat them. They haven’t beat Liverpool in the league for a decade now, that doesn’t suggest to me they care, no. It’s embarrassing.
I would say it's more the fact they have a mental block against them they can't seem to shake.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People really expected Everton to win at Chelsea? A Chelsea win and us to lose against City was always the most likely outcome from today.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Every team who took points off of Manchester United and then went on to a bad performance in their next game were game raising cnuts. It is known.

Nothing to do with the fact that they are playing against a different team with different players and a different style of play of course.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Every team who took points off of Manchester United and then went on to a bad performance in their next game were game raising cnuts. It is known.

Nothing to do with the fact that they are playing against a different team with different players and a different style of play of course.
Glad you understand that.

Terminator

Cant expect much from Everton away from home especially against top 6. They can be downright shocking at football sometimes.

Leftback99

With Home vs Away being the biggest difference of all.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Is Pickford definitely going to be Englands nr 1 this summer?

DevilRed

Don't understand this, when was it ever the target? 5th isn't good enough. Until its 100% confirmed that City are banned, thinking about 5th place being good enough is just idiotic.
The city ban as of right now is still in effect. I doubt they get out of it. They might have it reduced to 1 year, but unlikely for it to be completely reversed.

The reality of the situation is that we aren't consistent enough to overtake chelski, despite them being dire too. We needed an everton result here to help us reduce the gap, if not just to keep it the same.

Now we face the pressure of having to win against citeh, which we haven't done at home since 2015? Thats 5 years ago. The next one up is an away game against spuds. If we had a full team I would be more confident, but if I'm honest then I think the maximum points we get from these two fixtures is probably 4 points. I would snap your hand off right now for that tally.

MonkeysMagic

Last game, Everton played the most long balls in the sec half then I have seen for a while. Where are those tactics against Chel seeing as their midfield hasn't a hope in hell of creating anything and they have 'good in the air' Lewin up front?

Leftback99

Everton have 12 points from a possible 42 (soon to be 45) away from home this season.

We're not much better ourselves with 16.

saivet

Good goal from Willian. That's me done with this match

DevilRed

Yeah we raise our game for Chelsea away nowadays.
Its been a remarkable turnaround in form against them.

Since 2017 we have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 against them.

From 2012 to 2016 we have won 1, drawn 6 and lost 6 against them.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The city ban as of right now is still in effect. I doubt they get out of it. They might have it reduced to 1 year, but unlikely for it to be completely reversed.

The reality of the situation is that we aren't consistent enough to overtake chelski, despite them being dire too. We needed an everton result here to help us reduce the gap, if not just to keep it the same.

Now we face the pressure of having to win against citeh, which we haven't done at home since 2015? Thats 5 years ago. The next one up is an away game against spuds. If we had a full team I would be more confident, but if I'm honest then I think the maximum points we get from these two fixtures is probably 4 points. I would snap your hand off right now for that tally.
But when you said 5h has always been the target, who was that the target for? Because it certainly wasn't the clubs target.

Teja

Those Chelsea fixtures are wrong.

The Leicester game is in the FA Cup and we don't knwo when the Man City game is.
Ah I just copied it off of Google, removed the FA cup. The order doesn't matter much, you still have to play City. Updated list is:

CHE: Villa, City, WHU, Watford, Palace, Sheffield, Norwich, Pool, Wolves.

Utd: Spurs, SHU, Brighton, BOU, Villa, Southampton, Palace, WHU, Leicester.

I still think we have an easier end to the season esp. because City and Pool are a lot tougher fixtures than Spurs and Leicester.