Premier League Gameweek 3

M Bison

Supports
York City
Didn’t expect that result! That miss from Kane near the end summed it up, really didn’t look like scoring.

Newcastle defended really well and worked bloody hard, they’ll be knackered tonight!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He won't suit the kind of game we are likely going to play against Arsenal. We aren't going to take the game to them playing like this, and we have no service from out wide in to Kane, because guess what? We have shit fullbacks, because we decided not to invest in any.

Nothing we're doing right now suits the kind of striker Kane is. We might as well sit back and play it long to Son/Lucas on the break and hope to get in behind them.
Who’s choice is that?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Villa gave you a game for a while as well.
They did, and I think if it had been a better side in that opening game we'd be sat on a point right now.

We've played 20 minutes of good football in 3 games so far. Nothing is looking right with the team at all.

So, so early in the season so hard to pass judgement, but it's fecking worrying that it's the start of the league with everything to play for and a great chance to make a mark, and this is what we're getting.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
That’s weird, I thought only United, with its League 2 players and clueless manager, was capable of dropping points against relegation favourites at home.

Cue meltdown and Poch out?
We only finished a few points behind them.

If we had ambitious owners and gone out and bought another 2-3 players we could be laughing.

As things stand Spurs are still more likely to finish ahead of us.

Deery

Dreary
Put a bet on Man Utd, Pool and Hammers yesterday for £20

City, Wolves draw and Spurs for a tenner today..

Absolutely sickening

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Who’s choice is that?
Not to buy fullbacks? I don't know, but whoever is making the decision to leave us with kwp/foyth and rose/davies as our choices for the season is making a serious error.

I can't imagine Poch was happy looking at those options. They're vital in modern football (particularly for breaking sides down, as we saw today) and important to the way Pochettino wants to play.

We signed a kid who hasn't quite worked out if he's a winger or a fullback. It's not good enough.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not to buy fullbacks? I don't know, but whoever is making the decision to leave us with kwp/foyth and rose/davies as our choices for the season is making a serious error.

I can't imagine Poch was happy looking at those options. They're vital in modern football (particularly for breaking sides down, as we saw today) and important to the way Pochettino wants to play.

We signed a kid who hasn't quite worked out if he's a winger or a fullback. It's not good enough.
Ok, so Poch didn’t wanna sell Trippier? Is treating Eriksen different to Toby? And talks shit in the press?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I wonder if the Spurs forum will be hysterical after a poor home defeat...
They're pretty pissed off, and rightly so.

It's not just this season, we haven't been good for a while. Our form at the end of last season was horrendous and we've been dire in all three matches this season so far.

Performances like these aren't acceptable, and I'm genuinely concerned what could happen next week vs Arsenal.

Mr.Kaya

Spurs literally look weak and the problems with Eriksen certanly not helping at all does it? Started on the bench again today and you can only wonder where his state of mind is atm. Spurs squad depth looking rather weak, specially when a world classplayer like Eriksen starts on the bench... Im not complaining though, hopefully gonna continue like that for them for our sakes :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can't believe Spurs managed to cheer me up. Surprised to see this result. There are no easy games in this league.

Thought Spurs would have put 5 past them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Why? With our defence you want a poacher.
He gets no service. Our fullbacks can't cross and don't stretch the play enough so we play stupidly narrow.

With the way we're performing I expect us to play against you on the break and Kane is borderline useless in those situations, as we saw against City.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Can’t wait for the derby. We’re going to destroy Spurs.
Agreed. We've started this season an absolute mess.

Don't think you're anything special, but you're playing with intensity and actually look like you can do the basics. Which right now, is enough to take us apart.

GlasgowCeltic

I think Poch had his heart set on winning big ears and walking away, and didn’t really contemplate the alternative

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs have played 21 Premier League games since Jan 1st. They have won 9. That can't be good enough for their fans and isn't good enough to be challenging at the top.