Premier League Gameweek 3

Nick7

Good match. I think Villa are good value for their win. Everton were mostly awful.

Gomes :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Everton couldn't score in a brothel. They've created some chances but their finishing has cost them in the end.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So glad that those reports linking us with Gomes were bullshit.

Total nothing midfielder Everton got their hands on there.

Nick7

Everton couldn't score in a brothel. They've created some chances but their finishing has cost them in the end.
That will come back to haunt them. Along with their passive midfield and inconsistent centre backs is a recipe for disaster is some games.

Dante

Average bang
Everton have played some nice football at times, but Villa have always moved the ball with better tempo and more purpose.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think either team played well there. Both were shite. Villa just made their chances count. On another night they miss their ones and we score ours. Rubbish game overall.

Nico87

All night the commentary has been stating how stupid it was to write Wesley off after 2 games and for not “being off the mark yet”, who are these people they’re are alluding to?. I haven’t seen anything written about him, and the only people I can imagine being stupid enough to do so are Merson and his brigade ( so essentially sky themselves), or is it just a narrative Carragher himself has imagined?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The thing about everton is that they are picking up players generally rejected by the top clubs. Gomes, Mina and Digne from Barca. Keane and Schinderlin from us.

Calvert Lewn is not great either. Seamus Colemans deliverly was poor at times as well. I only watched the first half though.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
That was a superb game. Villa knew they were lucky to get their first goal but they really deserved a second in the end. Fought well, held on for dear life at points but got it over the line. Mings and McGinn were outstanding.

TheReligion

Abusive
The thing about everton is that they are picking up players generally rejected by the top clubs. Gomes, Mina and Digne from Barca. Keane and Schinderlin from us.

Calvert Lewn is not great either. Seamus Colemans deliverly was poor at times as well. I only watched the first half though.
Digne is a good player and I know Gomes was poor tonight but he's got talent. The others I'd agree with though.

VJ1762

A classic Arse vs Pool game.

Highlights : Arsenal's defending and the master defender Jamie Carragher.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm not convinced with Mina and Keane if I'm honest.
They were both completely fine in the first 2 games. Keane was poor tonight but since March our whole defence has been decent. Mina was dreadful tonight and Wesley completely got into his head - Digne was having to calm him down a few times and that is something Silva will need to address. I won't worry at the moment. It's too early and people like Iwobi and Kean need time to gel in.

People are forgetting that we've lost two starters in Gueye/Zouma. Having to gel in a new CB and CM partnership as Schneiderlin/Mina didn't play much last year will take time. Add in two new signings that need match fitness and the best of us isn't here yet. 4/9 points so far is disappointing and all 9 should have been the target (I would have taken 7 though).

Today was one of those games that could have gone either way as it wasn't great overall. The chances we created were good, just like the chances Villa made for their goals. Overall though the quality of football was very poor. Neither midfield controlled the game and there were sloppy passes from both sides continuously.

McGinn was okay today but I don't think he was outstanding - ran about a lot and made a few crisp passes but yeah.

TheReligion

Abusive
They were both completely fine in the first 2 games. Keane was poor tonight but since March our whole defence has been decent. Mina was dreadful tonight and Wesley completely got into his head - Digne was having to calm him down a few times and that is something Silva will need to address. I won't worry at the moment. It's too early and people like Iwobi and Kean need time to gel in.

People are forgetting that we've lost two starters in Gueye/Zouma. Having to gel in a new CB and CM partnership as Schneiderlin/Mina didn't play much last year will take time. Add in two new signings that need match fitness and the best of us isn't here yet. 4/9 points so far is disappointing and all 9 should have been the target (I would have taken 7 though).

Today was one of those games that could have gone either way as it wasn't great overall. The chances we created were good, just like the chances Villa made for their goals. Overall though the quality of football was very poor. Neither midfield controlled the game and there were sloppy passes from both sides continuously.

McGinn was okay today but I don't think he was outstanding - ran about a lot and made a few crisp passes but yeah.
Of course I think you'll be fine however I don't think Mina and Keane are top drawer and I do think you're very thin in that area. There's no one really to push either of them which I think will cause issues as the season goes on.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Everton will continue to struggle with their lack of clincal finishing. DCL, Kean and Iwobi are all going to be very inconsistent (and Walcott gonna Walcott), so where will their goals come from?

I see them finishing behind both Leicester and Wolves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gomes is weird player. At Valencia he was good but Barca destroyed his confidence and he has struggled since
He played many games like this for Valencia, look at his form when Neville was there. Wildly inconsistant CM.

Guy Incognito

Everton will continue to struggle with their lack of clincal finishing. DCL, Kean and Iwobi are all going to be very inconsistent (and Walcott gonna Walcott), so where will their goals come from?

I see them finishing behind both Leicester and Wolves.
Just watch them turn on the magic against the big six at home. DCL, Kean et al all world beaters. :rolleyes: