Premier League Gameweek 3

el3mel

Again City have more quality in depth played against a club who also had a delayed end to the season.

Ok, yes and Chelsea played poorly by all accounts, lucky for them they won against Brighton (just like we have...)
I replied on this depth part. Yes they have better squad, but they're not lining a completely different team every week. Most of the players who played against Wolves, got a similar rest to our lot who played against Palace.

Fitness and fitness, we seem to be the one struggling the most among all other top teams this season. There's difference between just playing poorly and having such terrible fitness in running and pressing that we showed against Palace imo. Our preparation for this season has been really poor for us and we didn't plan well for the period between the 2 seasons imo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
According to your logic, best team will win all games because it s players are better than that of any opponent.
No, according to my logic we shouldn't have much of an excuse to be pissed on by Crystal Palace for the 3rd time they come to Old Trafford, because we have more than enough quality to avoid that. If it happens, for the 3rd fecking time, we need to be self reflective on the matter and quit making shit excuses.

Ole said to Andy Mitten when we got beat last year "we beat them 97 times out of 100". And next time they come to OT, they walk the match against us, we barely had a fecking shot for 60 minutes or so. That's got feck all to do with a shorter pre-season, especially when you consider we are looking worse with a stronger side, 7 days later against Brighton.
But Palace were sharper because they had a proper preseason relative to ours.

We don't have as much quality as City do to overcome the sharpness disadvantage, as well as Man City being at less of a disadvantage because they were also playing against a club that had a similar end to last season.
Again, as above, sharpness was the issue, why do we look worse 7 days later? Surely we would look fitter and more up for the game today?

The fitness excuse is so exhausting, its clearly not an issue on sharpness or fitness at this stage. Ole has had us outrun and outworked by most teams, and he is openly stating he wants us to do the opposite.

Our short pre-season may well have been a contributing factor but it was far from the decisive one. We should have performed far better than we did. This is the 3rd time we've been fecked over by Palace (deservedly) at Old Trafford, and theres no mitigating factor for it.

Drainy

we didn't plan well for the period between the 2 seasons imo.
That isn't on the manager though, which is my point. They should have gotten any transfer targets lined up to give freshness and quality to aid with the early season while others catch up to the sharpness/finess of other teams.

Now we are playing pre-season in competition games against teams that are ahead of us in sharpness and limited additional quality added.

dev1l

No, according to my logic we shouldn't have much of an excuse to be pissed on by Crystal Palace for the 3rd time they come to Old Trafford, because we have more than enough quality to avoid that. If it happens, for the 3rd fecking time, we need to be self reflective on the matter and quit making shit excuses.

Ole said to Andy Mitten when we got beat last year "we beat them 97 times out of 100". And next time they come to OT, they walk the match against us, we barely had a fecking shot for 60 minutes or so. That's got feck all to do with a shorter pre-season, especially when you consider we are looking worse with a stronger side, 7 days later against Brighton.

If sharpness was the main issue, why do we look worse 7 days later? This excuse is so exhausting, its clearly not an issue on sharpness whatsoever. Our short pre-season may well have been a contributing factor but it was far from the decisive one. We should have performed far better than we did. This is the 3rd time we've been fecked over by Palace (deservedly) at Old Trafford, and theres no mitigating factor for it.
Palace has one of the best records in the league when playing away to Top 6 teams

el3mel

That isn't on the manager though, which is my point. They should have gotten any transfer targets lined up to give freshness and quality to aid with the early season while others catch up to the sharpness/finess of other teams.

Now we are playing pre-season in competition games against teams that are ahead of us in sharpness and limited additional quality added.
I didn't blame the manager alone for this overall. I'm not the same poster you were discussing with at the start if you haven't noticed. :D

Drainy

I didn't blame the manager alone for this overall. I'm not the same poster you were discussing with at the start if you haven't noticed. :D
No I have noticed, I am just fed up of everything getting laid at Ole's feet by some posters when he is only partly culpable and he's taken on a really difficult job to overhaul that squad while being hampered by senior management and the current circumstances.

Okey

And that is in the immediate run up to the goal, or does immediate mean something different now too?
I'm with you mate. Still shite. That handball was as immediate as they come. Might as well revise it to say 'if the goal bound shot...'

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What’s the most goals scored in a PL season?
Last game week was the record in the premier league 20 team era with 44 goals I think. But the premier league record was actually something in the 50s!

But it's definitely started furiously this season!

Can’t believe Bardsley is still playing PL football. He’s done well since coming from the academy but he’s a bad footballer.

Ole90+3

As a player knowing the owners CBA helping you will make you question being there, if they ain't gonna support you with the tools you need why the feck should you help them? There's a massive confidence thing with things like that. Get a clue.

Our centre backs need moving on, they're shit and nobody trusts them.
Are you genuinely blaming these performances on the players downing tools because the owners aren’t buying players who can potentially replace them? That’s a new type of delusion right there. It’s original, I’ll give you that.

We played in Europe so finished the season later than everyone and then had a delayed pre-season and start to the season so we are weeks behind everyone else.

You get a fecking clue.
City had almost the exact same schedule and time to prepare for this seasom. It’s up to the coaching team and manager to make sure his squad is ready for the upcoming season. We are way off, and it’s not just tiredness. That excuse is getting exhausting now. Fingers need to be pointed at the coaching staff and the training regime that are currently in place. The players look short in confidence and that’s because they don’t understand what the game plan is.
Thank you. Easy. Knowledge after watching and working in football for decades.
You mustn’t have been very good at your job if you can’t see glaring faults in the manager’s coaching ability. He’s had 2 years now and we’ve not improved nor have any noticeable play style.

Listar

This is why you can't compare Ole with Lampard. Lampard has actually shown he's capable of coaching attacking patterns and implementing a style of football. It's their shite defence which has let them down.
You actually saw a style in their last 3 games? Wow.

90 + 5min

You mustn’t have been very good at your job if you can’t see glaring faults in the manager’s coaching ability. He’s had 2 years now and we’ve not improved nor have any noticeable play style.
If I am good or bad, only my employees can answer to that question.

You seem to have missed what he has done and where we were when we took over. How our squad looked, how our morale and balance were. EVery manager have faults. Every. Name one that haven't.

Young people, I suppose you are, really lack patience nowdays. Everything have to be done instantly.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
O’Connell out for the season potentially. Going to be a rough season

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Just 5 minutes of watching Leeds play and those feckers are making our style of football look like treacle

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sheffield United can’t go the whole season with that strikeforce